A quick flanking tip Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   stryker2-1 

• Stryker
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:98c_for_hire

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:26 PM

well, its basic combat... dont give away your position unless directly engaged
and i dont mean to sound rude, thats not where im goin with it, so i deeply apologize if it sounds that way... but also, another thing i could add to this, is while gathering a flank group, never go in a group smaller than squad size(4-5) if you are directly attacking enemy bases, there is always strength in numbers...take your squad, go way outside of the engagement area, and kind of zigzag your way down towards their base..... and using comms equipment is always good.... especially if you send in 2 squads on opposite flanks, call in positions, and sync up your offensive... they'll never know what hit em

#17 User is offline   Spartan6 

• The Spartiate
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Master Goblin

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:33 PM

View PostMcCoy, on Jul 16 2007, 10:37 AM, said:

You guy don't know how to flank, You want to get BEHIND them.
I was playing in a 3-3. I went up the right side to flank. I saw a guy and I notice I was behind him. So I waited and got in closer. As I did There was a nother guy.
Took the one closer to me with about 4 shoots, easy.
I shot at the other guy but he ran behind cover, didn't know where I was. Then he started to run backwards to the back of his side of the feild.
So i started hunting him down like prey.
Again, right flank, got behind him, took him out also with 3-5 shoots.

Getting behind them isn't exactly the best idea especially if you're using some other teammates as a base of fire to maneuver off of. If it were me I would set one element (2 or more players) down as a base of fire element and then take another element around getting slightly behind them but not enough to endanger my base of fire element. If performed properly the guys you're trying to flank will concentrate so much of their attention to your base of fire that they won't be looking for the flanking element. The key to this is you need to have good coms.

Spartan 6
W. N. "Goblin" Carey
CAG Paintball
Procinctu

#18 User is offline   Spartan6 

• The Spartiate
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Master Goblin

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:40 PM

View PostPhilipp122, on Jul 16 2007, 09:05 PM, said:

I see what you're saying. Don't shoot because they might not have seen you.

Sounds good to me. I might try that sometime.

I don't necessarily think that's what he's saying altogether. I've been in the situation before, where one of our guys got hit as we were trying to advance unnoticed. The question creeps into your mind. "Did he see me?" "What do I do now?" The thing to remember is to stay calm and cool. Just sit tight and wait. Just because you're buddy got spotted and taken out doesn't mean you did. But also remember just because you didn't get shot doesn't mean they don't know you're there. You have to be extremely deliberate in your action and plan for the contingency. I usually just sit tight, and if the opfor pose an immediate threat to the rest of the team we begin engaging and perform a tactical withdraw in order to regroup and reorganize.

Spartan 6
W. N. "Goblin" Carey
CAG Paintball
Procinctu

#19 Guest_TippySnipa_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:23 AM

View PostSpartan6, on Oct 20 2007, 03:33 PM, said:

View PostMcCoy, on Jul 16 2007, 10:37 AM, said:

You guy don't know how to flank, You want to get BEHIND them.
I was playing in a 3-3. I went up the right side to flank. I saw a guy and I notice I was behind him. So I waited and got in closer. As I did There was a nother guy.
Took the one closer to me with about 4 shoots, easy.
I shot at the other guy but he ran behind cover, didn't know where I was. Then he started to run backwards to the back of his side of the feild.
So i started hunting him down like prey.
Again, right flank, got behind him, took him out also with 3-5 shoots.

Getting behind them isn't exactly the best idea especially if you're using some other teammates as a base of fire to maneuver off of. If it were me I would set one element (2 or more players) down as a base of fire element and then take another element around getting slightly behind them but not enough to endanger my base of fire element. If performed properly the guys you're trying to flank will concentrate so much of their attention to your base of fire that they won't be looking for the flanking element. The key to this is you need to have good coms.

Spartan 6

exctly, good com is key

#20 User is offline   a5rt15 

• Push 'em back
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:a5rt16

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:35 AM

its worked for me. my point guy was eliminated leaving me and another teammate so we dug down and waited for them to walk within 15 feet of us then opened fire. they didn't know what hit them ;)

Riot Kids Scenario Team

#21 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

i do this whenver the stiuation arises which has only been about ten or so times in my four year "career", but that's mainly because i usually play point.
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Hornet Driver 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:46 PM

I have used the tactic that was initially touted many times, and each time I have been careful, patient and quiet it has worked like a charm.

The best opportunities I have had is in games involving assulting a fortified position.

Off the break, Aussie Bloke and myself has many-a-time broken straight up a flank, and, due to running and knowing the terrain, have made it a decent distance up the flank we are attacking.
Please note at this juncture that this tactic has worked only as long as there has been misconception on behalf of the other team as to how many players they are shooting at.

It has been the case most times that we have run up a flank as a pair, leap-frogging down the side of the position we are attacking, and one of us has been removed. Usually, the person removed is the first to give away their position. I can't speak for Richard, but when I have been the one left in the game, I have bided my time, usually staying put, or only moving so far as is necessary to achieve better cover, and waited it out for at least a couple of minutes.
This has afforded me two distinct advantages;
1. I then fall out of mind for the other team, as they are under the misconception that they have eliminated the threat on that particular flank, giving me the advantage of observing their movements, number and positions and,
2. Upon gaining the aforementioned observations, it has often been the case that they will have at least one or two team members that fall to the flank I am on under the misconception that it is safer to be on that side of the field due to the threat having been removed, and then I get a couple of easy kills.

However, the most satisfying of situations where this tactic has been employed has been the one case where I was down the side, Richard had unfortunately been eliminated, and I was able to sneak my way all the way around to the back of the opposing force. This then gave me the ability to wait it out, observe the one guy who was walking from one side of the field to the other at the back of their position, COMPLETELY AVOID EITHER ENGAGNING HIM OR DRAWING HIS ATTENTION, and ultimately gain access to the fort we were attacking, enter and win the game.
This win was achieved purely on stealth, patience, being quiet and not letting rip with the A5. In all, I remember firing no more than about 10 rounds in that entire game.

Bascially, the flank was gained, overrun and held due to me being quiet and NOT giving away my position once my partner was eliminated.
FOCUS. DISCIPLINE. SUCCESS.
If you want to die, don't take me seriously.

#23 User is offline   lonegunm4n 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lonegunm4n

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:32 PM

What I've seen happen in situations like the OP has posted, is that when the first player on the flanking squad (say attackers) gets tagged out, the defenders normally camp and wait a minute to see if anyone else is there. After that minute or so, the defenders normally leave their post and go to where the attacker was when they were eliminated. If that doesn't happen, they normally are more alert to that side, since someone was recently spotted and eliminated there. The defenders are more worried about what has happened than what will happen.

Of course, like the OP said, once the first person in a flanking party is taken out, everyone needs to lay low and stay quiet. If the defenders do send people that way, the attackers are ready with their own little ambush. If the defenders just sit in their base and watch that side, it's best to have radio communication with others on your side. They can easily call for another flanking party, but on the right side. Of course, if the attackers really want to get nasty, and their cover is good enough, the first flanking party can draw all the fire and attention to themselves, leaving the other side pretty much open.
well, it's a futuristic modern world
but things aren't what they seem
someday you'd better wake up
from this stupid fantasy
-Bloodstains by Agent Orange

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users