Special Ops Paintball: New Tech, Old Woods - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Tech, Old Woods Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

View Postrookiebird187, on Sep 26 2008, 01:08 PM, said:

With the team I'm on, Strength and honor, we started out all a couple years ago shooting purely tippmanns. Mainly the tippmann A-5. We all had e grips and thought we could keep up with the high end electro's. All was goin well until a scrimmage against a specific team from Utah named "Desert Edge". They were all shooting ego's. They rolled us pretty hard that day. Although I had so much fun I could've cared less. But regardless we still got slaughtered. Literally they were shooting with ball on ball accuracy.

I've seen Desert Edge play,and they are an impressive bunch . i don't think it was so much the Ego's their sponsors gave them, as much as it is how much they practice with them. I'm biased towards Ego (since i own one) but i still cling to the old adage that the player makes the gun, the gun doesn't make the player. No offense to your team, but from what I've seen of Desert Edge they are a tough opponent to beat, regardless of what gun they are shooting.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#17 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheHurricane

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:42 PM

lol eagle eye, how was that offensive? if anything your just complimenting another team. - good point as i said before. i to believe the player makes the gun. but some people just love to bash eletrcos in the woods. preferable, i love my ETEK. and my friend loves his X7, we mesh fine together :laugh:
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

#18 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• Nos Mos Nunquam Intereo
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Death Envoy

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

My team, Savage Revolution, just like Hurricanes, is diverse in terms of marker use. We have me, a Heavy Mobile, a Heavy Rifle, a Medium Rifle and a Sniper so far. As for me, I could never find anything to replace my '98, I adore it. My Heavy Rifle uses a good ol' MR-1, and I love his gun too. My sniper rocks a modded A-5 (hes got lots of problems with it though, I prefer the 98'). But my Medium and Heavy Mobile are different stories altogether, as my Medium has a Autococker (some would say that the Autococker isn't New Tech, but I think so) and my Heavy Mobile has a Q-Loaded Pilot ACS.

I love the aspect of new guns in the mix with woodsball (they always fall to pieces on me, even though I take care of everything I own big time, so I'm biased against them), and I believe, too, that its the player who rocks the gun, not the gun who rocks the player. Soon, also, we will probably get an Imagine added to our team :dry:

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users