• You cannot reply to this topic

My remote acting up. remote troubles.How do I fix'em

#1 User is offline   Paintfan245 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Greg

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

I recently got a remote......new to it.I wanted to know why its so hard to take my tank off even I unscrew the top knob.I really want to avoid useing the slide check just so it will last alittle longer.I also wanted to know for all the guys useing remotes right now......is there a certain order you need to follow to tank your tank off without damaging your equipment?If there is post.If you know why this is happening please tell me how to fix it.
Put This In Your Sig if Your Parents Don't Pay For Your Stuff.You can run but you will only die tired
"Don't bother wiping it off I'm only going to shoot you again" -PaintBaller
Spyder Gun Owners Club #103 98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 2% that disagrees put this in your sig TEAM NEMESIS and player of Colorado

#2 User is offline   Squirrel Commander 

• AKA Rocks, SP Bites!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Squirrel Commander

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:37 PM

View PostPaintfan245, on Aug 20 2007, 06:06 PM, said:

I recently got a remote......new to it.I wanted to know why its so hard to take my tank off even I unscrew the top knob.I really want to avoid useing the slide check just so it will last alittle longer.I also wanted to know for all the guys useing remotes right now......is there a certain order you need to follow to tank your tank off without damaging your equipment?If there is post.If you know why this is happening please tell me how to fix it.

When you unscrew the knob you shut the tank off, but there is still pressure in the remote line. There are two ways to handle it:
1. Open the slide check and relieve the pressure, then the tank comes off nice and easy.
2. Unscrew the tank with all your might, potentially loose a tank o-ring as the pressure escapes past it, and relieve the pressure in the remote line.

What I'm getting at is that either way, the pressure in the remote line will be relieved. The second option is potentially costly, and harder than heck!

Here's the steps I take to remove my gun & tank from the remote line:
1. Unscrew the knob
2. Close the slide check
3. Disconnect the gun
4. Open the slide check
5. Unscrew the tank

If I have my tank in a back pack:
1. Close the slide check
2. Disconnect the gun
3. Keep ahold of the end of the remote!
4. Unscrew the knob
5. Open the slide check
6. Unscrew the tank

You have to be careful when the tank is on and the remote is not connected to the gun, it can turn into a very painful whip!

Hope this helps man! :dodgy:

#3 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:45 PM

You have to be careful when the tank is on and the remote is not connected to the gun, it can turn into a very painful whip!

Last time we played one of the guys left it open.. OOPS! It started to flail and hiss all over the place.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   {R.A.U.}ThePoonisher 

• "Scary Instinct"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:{R.A.U.}ThePoonisher

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:03 AM

In order:
unscrew top knob
turn gun upside down and shoot the remaing air in the hose out
then pull slide check back and remove it

In game:
pull slide check back
I wouldn't worry about this. Useing the slide check won't hurt it.

Solution to question:
If you are having trouble taking out the tank then it is one of two things
1.The hose is still pressureized
2.You are turning it the wrong way(yes it happens to everyone)

{R.A.U.}ThePoonisher :wub:
- - ->Future A51 Baller<- - -

Come back to us when all this is over. There will always be a place for you here.
Will it ever be over? I replied.
Everything that has a beginning has an ending, he said.

#5 User is offline   GHOSTRECON12 

• is an alaskin with night vision goggles
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GHOSTRECON12

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:54 AM

do you use the lubericant? when i picked up mine from the store the lady told me how to take care of it. its essential for making it last a long time. she said oil it every 8 times it is used. thats what i do. i cant use it the o rings are damaged im picking up some today but why dont you want to use your slide check? it makes it so much easier.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender--Winston Churchill

#6 Guest_Wolftalon_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:17 AM

It would take a hammer to break your slide man. The orings inside it are just tank orings. If you lube it like your gun..they wont tear up. Big deal if they do. So replace the orings same as your tank. Takes all of 5 min.

Use your equipment. Not using your slide check is like barrel tagging all day so you won't waist paint....might work for a while, but your not using whats in your hands!!

#7 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:23 AM

If you're wondering how to maintain the remote line with slide check, see my video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TAQBzIuy_vI

Squirrel Commander and Poonisher have already expressed what I consider to be the best order. The slide check really is the best way to relieve pressure in the remote line. If you didn't want to use it, there's no point in having it in the first place.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#8 Guest_dead man rcpc_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:13 PM

I use ion grease on the orings of my slide checks. It lasts longer then marker oil and makes it easier to release the pressure in the hose.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users