Special Ops Paintball: Korea 2022: Air Force Academy scenario game - Special Ops Paintball

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Korea 2022: Air Force Academy scenario game April 12, 2008 Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   schuby 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SCHUBY

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

Any idea on how sides are shaping up? As in, who will I be fighting for if I show up on game day and say, "Which side needs more people?"

Edit: Also murderdeathkill, any more info on what we were PM'ing about? Its not a big deal if it doesn't happen, I'm going regardless.

This post has been edited by schuby: 09 April 2008 - 09:01 PM

My SpecOps feedback: Here.
My MCB Feedback: Here.

#62 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:50 PM

1. We're mostly going to pick sides during registration. However, there's a big group (probably 10-15) coming with Col Johnson for the Korean side.

Sidenote -- if anybody has strong feelings about which side you want to play, please share them during registration. We don't have the infrastructure set up to keep track of who goes where, but if you tell the guys at the reg. desk we'll do our best to accomodate you. Obviously we have to balance things as best we can. Keep in mind that Korea will be playing a lot of defense in the opening round, so if you like DFPs then that might be the choice for you. But during the afternoon, territories will probably be a *lot* more balanced, and you'll have plenty of opportunities to play both sides of the field. Anyhow tell the registration guys if you've got preferences, we'll do our best to put you where you want to be.

2. Real sorry, but I don't think that's gonna work out... if you've got any questions I'll answer in PM, but the long and short of it is I can't really help ya. Sorry...

View PostJackRock, on Apr 9 2008, 03:06 PM, said:

View PostMurderDeathKill, on Apr 9 2008, 01:34 PM, said:

Oh no, if somebody speaks/reads Korean then they'll be able to tell my Chinese ain't real DPRK... shucks. I thought I could sneak that one by.

haha! Nope. But I'll volunteer to help re-write it if you like :D

If you show up early enough, you might be able to help marking out the city names in Korean. Flags, though, will probably be a mix of Chinese and Japanese, since that's what I kinda-sorta know.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#63 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:51 PM

You're more than welcome to join the US forces Schuby.. I don't know about you, but never was much for Korean food. :D

Lo

#64 User is offline   schuby 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

I may take your advice Lomarandil, seeing as last time at Colorsplash I went Somalian(I think I did...I don't remember, whichever side dominated, thats the one I was on). Gotta even it out, especially since D-Day I'm going German.

Oh and Murder, don't worry about it. I just needed to know how much moolah I'm gonna be shoveling out...all for a good cause, of course.

#65 User is offline   THE REAL MASTER CHIEF 

• The Masterchief
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE MASTERCHIEF

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:11 PM

Looking forward to playing in this game !I have just been watching the weather to see if there is going to be a lot of snow on the ground? don't really like to play in the snow! So MDK your there hows it look?
Have Guns Will Travel

Call me lets play some paintball 719-248-9251 can outfit over 40 players with top quality equipment

#66 User is offline   foxtrotdelta 

• Team Auxiliary
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:foxtrotdelta

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:09 PM

I live 10 miles north of the Academy and there's no snow here. Just bit of moisture. The weatherman says it ought be in the low 50s on Saturday. It might be a little muddy. but overall it should be a great day to play.
Proudly sponsored by Soft Ear Mods; member of Team Auxiliary

#67 User is offline   THE REAL MASTER CHIEF 

• The Masterchief
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for the update!
Have Guns Will Travel

Call me lets play some paintball 719-248-9251 can outfit over 40 players with top quality equipment

#68 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:35 AM

Tomorrow's supposed to be 60* and sunny. This last bit of weather is just Colorado for ya.

Last year it snowed at 0700 on game day and was clear by 0900; you just never know. We do have snow on the ground right now (just a lil' bit) but I wouldn't count on it lasting.

This post has been edited by MurderDeathKill: 11 April 2008 - 06:36 AM

Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#69 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:46 AM

Well, it's 36* right now in Denver. Which means it should be 50-60 by later today, and that piddly little bit of snow should be gone in no time.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#70 User is offline   S2 Intell 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:S2

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:01 AM

View PostJackRock, on Apr 11 2008, 07:46 AM, said:

Well, it's 36* right now in Denver. Which means it should be 50-60 by later today, and that piddly little bit of snow should be gone in no time.

Well, it is currently 37 here in the Springs and windy. It is porjected to be a bit warmer on Saturday, with a high of 43. It looks like the weather is playing along with the scenario.

See you there!

#71 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

I'll post some intel pics later tonight. Watch for it -- you might get clues about missions, locations, etc. May be worth your time.

BTW, snow just cut out about ten seconds ago. Now it's sunny and warming up.
Posted Image

#72 User is offline   THE REAL MASTER CHIEF 

• The Masterchief
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:43 PM

Well it sound like the weather is going to help add to the realism of fighting in N Korea , So will see you folks @ 0800!
Do we have to enter through any HS gates? And should we get there earlier to avoid any rush?
Have Guns Will Travel

#73 User is offline   foxtrotdelta 

• Team Auxiliary
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

HS gates?

You should be fine going through the North or South gate. I think the South gate would be preferable, just because that is the main gate. Just have your driver's license ready and be prepared to have your vehicle searched (unless you have a military ID). I wouldn't expect there to be a rush, especially on the weekend.

PS: I would wait for a response from MDK. He'll know more about this than I do.

#74 User is offline   schuby 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

Do you have an address or approximate GPS of the field, or wherever it is we are meeting? I haven't gone to the AFA much, so I don't really know where I'm going. Also what is the paint? I know you said weapons grade earlier in the thread, is that still it?

Thanks, Schuby

Edit: Also, it says on the game info on the locator there will be 3000 HPA fills...thats right, right? Any chance of 4500? Also, how often are respawns? Every 30?

This post has been edited by schuby: 11 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

#75 User is offline   foxtrotdelta 

• Team Auxiliary
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:40 PM

I think its in the same place as last year. So if you go in thru the main (south) gate just follow the road your on (stadium blvd.) up ahead and on your left there's a big sign in front of the football stadium. Immediately before that, on your right side is where everyone parked. If you come in thru the north gate, take the first left onto stadium blvd. Go past the big sign (now on your right) and then make a left turn into to the staging area. I'm sure they'll be signs too to help you out a bit.

Here's google maps image to give you a better clue:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by foxtrotdelta: 11 April 2008 - 08:23 PM

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users