• You cannot reply to this topic

SpecOps A5 Longbow Stock.

#1 User is offline   Ghostduck 

• Quack! Quack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ghostduck

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:19 PM

First off I had only the experience of using a JCS VOODOO folding stock with an RVA so my basis for this review is in a comparison against it and my experience of the ruggedness of an M-16A2 stock from when I was in the Marine Corps.

My first impression of the stock when I seen pictures of it were not that impressive. I initially felt that the stock may be too long for my purposes. Not only that.. in comparison against the JCS stock I felt that it may still be too "flimsy" that it would not accomodate my style of rugged play which of course was defined by my years as an Active Duty U.S. Marine.

I initially had decided that I wanted a folding or retractractable or adjustable stock. That would give me the multiple settings for the different positions that I may encounter. The JCS while flimsy afforded me this luxury and provided a RVA but no "air thru" capability which I determined to be an absolute "must" in the long run.

Upon getting the Longbow stock.. I immediatly noticed that it was not as lengthy as I percieved. In fact it fits quite nicely into the shoulder ... nice and tight for those close quarters situations! In fact for me its quite perfect. The second thing I noticed was that it was durable. It has surpassed my style of rugged play. I have used the stock as leverage to low crawl with, basicly digging it into the ground for traction while I was on the move on my face! This is something I could never do with the JCS stock as it would have ripped it up in a heartbeat.

The air- thru capability was the ultimate seller. While I didn't order it WITH the air thru already assembled, It does allow me to add it. The rmote nipple is set at an angle. This is paramount! It does not impede by sticking straight down, if that were the case the remote line with the slide check could essentially snap if I were to use the butt of the stock as leverage to crawl with (Something I have actually seen happen.. the nipple snapped from the torsion placed on it and it started to whip around ... beating the owner pretty severely until he was able to grab it.)

The stock is also lightweight. I keeps the balance of the marker where it needs to be... in your hand!! Not your shoulder as most people that use air tanks typically have happen to them.

The only thing I would feel that could improve this stock would be the capability to add an RVA, and or maybe a "dogleg" feature which shouldn't be too hard to accomplish with the tubing that is used to make it. Other than that I give this product a 9/10 for its reliability, ruggedness, low weight, and balance. The feel is remarkable with this stock
Proud Member of the Scottish Teabag Society

#2 User is offline   -JC-Jester 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-OR-Jester

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:51 AM

Nice review. I have recently purchased the A5A2 air thru stock, and I feel it may be too long. I am very thankful SpecOps makes a shoerter one!!! Once again, great review!!
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   grey fox 

• Theres something fundamentally wrong with a talking hamburger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name: grey fox

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:30 AM

I was also pleasently surprised when I got mine the "non air through" version and found that it was set-up for it so that if I wanted to in the future.
Ghost of Christmas Past from the future chicken...."Thousands of years ago when I survived the quickening"..........

Team Captain- Phantom Cell -
Warrior Poet
Maker one damn fine White Russian

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users