• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PMR == WORST GUN EVER!!!

#1 User is offline   xKHAOTIKxKINGx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

since the first day i bought it its leaked, and leaked, and leaked...from the regulator, and out of the back cap..ive wiggled everything that could wiggle, and have takin the bolt out many times to replace orings and to lube it up, and it still leaks...its a DO NOT DODGE THE SWEAR FILTER! ...i definately do NOT recommend this to anyone..i have never had any trouble with a pball gun until i bought the pmr... dont buy it. its a waste of money and air

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 14 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

#2 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:36 PM

Did you buy it new? Mabye you can send it back and get a new one or a refund. It sounds like you just got one of those rare screwed up ones that somehow managed to evade quality control.

#3 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:42 PM

My friend has one, and hes absolutely in love with it, so am I once he let me shoot his. Its a great gun for the price.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#4 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:47 PM

yeah...My Phantom leaks..so does that make it the Worst gun ever? of course not..dude just because you cant fix your gun does not mean it sucks.
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:48 PM

View PostxKHAOTIKxKINGx, on Jul 14 2008, 09:32 PM, said:

since the first day i bought it its leaked, and leaked, and leaked...from the regulator, and out of the back cap..ive wiggled everything that could wiggle, and have takin the bolt out many times to replace orings and to lube it up, and it still leaks...its a ........ ...i definately do NOT recommend this to anyone..i have never had any trouble with a pball gun until i bought the pmr... dont buy it. its a waste of money and air

Have you contacted the manufacturer about it because if you have not then you are out of line. It sounds like your pressures may be to high or if you bought it used it may have nothing to do with the marker and more to do with the previous owner. More information would be helpful since its usually something simple. And FYI I'm pretty sure analogies count as a swear filter dodge.
The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#6 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:57 PM

View PostT-Freak, on Jul 14 2008, 09:47 PM, said:

yeah...My Phantom leaks..so does that make it the Worst gun ever? of course not..dude just because you cant fix your gun does not mean it sucks.

Aww, be nice...

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

Yup - since highenders are now cheap the new guys are buying them and the highenders now suck. 3 years ago it would be Spyders suck because .....

A PMR doesn't leak if the user knows his marker.

Anyways. Turn the velocity down. Set your board to factory setting, especially the dwell. Now increase the main reg. I think your main reg is way too high.

#8 User is offline   rambo16 

• Midnight Raider
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rambo691

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:12 PM

I've had the same experience with mine. I bought mine brand new and still had all of those problems. I agree with xKHAOTIKxKINGx. Mine started leaking only after about 4 uses.

#9 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

View Postrambo16, on Jul 14 2008, 10:12 PM, said:

I've had the same experience with mine. I bought mine brand new and still had all of those problems. I agree with xKHAOTIKxKINGx. Mine started leaking only after about 4 uses.

The first thing to do with any Dye/Proto marker is wipe the factory grease off and never use the Dye grease. Use Molycrete or SL33K. I did this to my PM8 before I even put air on it.

#10 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

my ion pro ( had it about a year ago) leaked when i turned the reg up too much.

but personally, i never would have bought the pmr in the first place. i dont buy markers that feel like a plastic toy.

get an f8 fusion if you dont like the rail. i have one and i'm in love with it. 25 bps out the box, extremely hands off maintenance, 4 dipswitches to change modes, low operating pressure, light, sleek, eyes, clamping neck, 2 ASA's to choose from, self sealing screws, accurate as a laser pointer, and did i mention sexy?
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#11 User is offline   ^!) 

• ...for tomorrow we die.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:28 PM

I had one.
...it leaked once.... and I was able to fix it in 2 minutes.

...I think you just suck at teching your marker.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

#12 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:06 PM

View PostIron__Man, on Jul 15 2008, 01:14 AM, said:

my ion pro ( had it about a year ago) leaked when i turned the reg up too much.

but personally, i never would have bought the pmr in the first place. i dont buy markers that feel like a plastic toy.

get an f8 fusion if you dont like the rail. i have one and i'm in love with it. 25 bps out the box, extremely hands off maintenance, 4 dipswitches to change modes, low operating pressure, light, sleek, eyes, clamping neck, 2 ASA's to choose from, self sealing screws, accurate as a laser pointer, and did i mention sexy?

How does a PMR feel like a plastic toy? Because it has a composite grip? Or is it the... aluminum body?

The dipswitches and the board that come with the fusion are the one thing I don't like with it (though I have one coming in the mail which should get here wednesday). They're a lot of hassle to change modes, though I guess its like a built in tourney lock. I might be buying a virtue board but I'm not sure if I want to do that, or wait till tadao makes a board for the F8. The ASA is really cool though. The PMR also is light, has a low operating pressure, sleek, has eyes, and has an adjustable neck (not really "clamping" though). Have you ever used a PMR?
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#13 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:06 PM

i tried one out at the local pro shop, and didnt like it. it just felt like a plastic toy. i mean, sure it is light and tight, two of the biggest things for speedball markers, but in my meat hooks it felt like i was gonna break it. lol. i like something with a little weight to it (but not too heavy). i think the f8 was made out of aircraft grade aluminum (from what a shop owner told me. wether or not this is true, i dont care. it still rocks my sox.)

as for the dipswitches, how the heck are they be a hassle? on mine, the grip and screws are VERY easy to take off and put on, and the switches are very simple to deal with, MUCH more so than blinking lights and trigger pulls. it takes less time to change modes than it does to take the grip off. lol. and the BEST part is that there's no "omg... did i pull it twice, or two and a half times?" or "was that yellow or amber?" or "did it blink 5 or 6 times?" see what i mean? its a great marker, and you'll LOVE IT. as for the tourney lock feature, that's just a plus in my eyes. just means i can easily prove i wasnt cheating ya know?

for alot of people its about brand name exposure and price. if f8's had been around when i bought my ion pro, i prolly would have saved up and spent the extra 200 bones on the f8 anyways, and saved the hassle of learning, upkeeping, and selling the ion. besides, to me the PMR is just an ion in disguise. although i will say they look fantastic compared to the ion, neither compares to ANY DP markers in my eyes.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#14 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

View PostIron__Man, on Jul 15 2008, 05:06 PM, said:

i tried one out at the local pro shop, and didnt like it. it just felt like a plastic toy. i mean, sure it is light and tight, two of the biggest things for speedball markers, but in my meat hooks it felt like i was gonna break it. lol. i like something with a little weight to it (but not too heavy). i think the f8 was made out of aircraft grade aluminum (from what a shop owner told me. wether or not this is true, i dont care. it still rocks my sox.)

as for the dipswitches, how the heck are they be a hassle? on mine, the grip and screws are VERY easy to take off and put on, and the switches are very simple to deal with, MUCH more so than blinking lights and trigger pulls. it takes less time to change modes than it does to take the grip off. lol. and the BEST part is that there's no "omg... did i pull it twice, or two and a half times?" or "was that yellow or amber?" or "did it blink 5 or 6 times?" see what i mean? its a great marker, and you'll LOVE IT. as for the tourney lock feature, that's just a plus in my eyes. just means i can easily prove i wasnt cheating ya know?

for alot of people its about brand name exposure and price. if f8's had been around when i bought my ion pro, i prolly would have saved up and spent the extra 200 bones on the f8 anyways, and saved the hassle of learning, upkeeping, and selling the ion. besides, to me the PMR is just an ion in disguise. although i will say they look fantastic compared to the ion, neither compares to ANY DP markers in my eyes.

I believe the body of the PMR is made out of the exact same material, and its about the same weight as the F8 if I'm correct. Also, its not that its hard to take off grip screws, its that its easier to just to use an external button. And when has there ever been yellow and amber? LEDs are always like red, blue, white very easy to tell apart colours. With the dipswitches, you have to remember is it 1010 or 0110 etc. for different modes.

The thing about the tourney lock, is I don't know a high end gun that doesn't have a tourney lock. I'm not sure how all of theirs work, but I know that with the droid theres a small button under the grip to turn on the tourney lock, but you only need that if you play tournaments.

I'm not saying F8s are bad or anything, it just seems that you don't know enough about the PMR to say that the F8 is soooo much better.

Once i get my F8 and play with it tomorrow night I'll post here to compare the two.
Posted Image
Flickr

#15 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:03 PM

First of all, read you manual. There's OODLES of info about leaks, trouble shooting, everything in there. If you don't feel like dealing with it, contact Dye and they can fix it for you and give you some help/tips on how to fix it.
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users