Special Ops Paintball: Throat Mic Review - IXRadio XTM85R-G1 - Special Ops Paintball

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Throat Mic Review - IXRadio XTM85R-G1 Something better than FireFox?

#46 User is offline   Stret 

• The Nativeness
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Stret

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:16 PM

Great, I hope I didnt get a lemon ;)
Native Style

We Think Our Sponsors Are Cool: Tippmann(X7) l Crossfire Tanks l Smokin' Products l Coca Cola: Grand Rapids, MI

#47 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Millslane

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:43 PM

what size necks are these supposed to work on up to?

anybody with a large neck, 18-19 inches have one?

#48 User is offline   INTAG5 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:INTAG5

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:00 PM

Well, I used mine on Sunday also. I have to say that these things rock! My teammates could understand very clearly what I was saying. I didn't have any problems with it slipping or moving around my neck.

#49 User is offline   HOLLOW MAN 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:HOLLOW MAN

Posted 02 December 2005 - 10:40 AM

Great infor on the throught mics. Im looking to refit my Paintball gear and update my old tech. So i was looking for a good stad up throat mic, as well as a good Radio. It seams the cobra's seam to be popular any sugestions? i have a cheap bellsouth radio right now but i cant see that sating up. its over 6 years old.

Grate Review!!

~HM

This post has been edited by HOLLOW MAN: 02 December 2005 - 03:47 PM

user posted image

#50 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Millslane

Posted 02 December 2005 - 06:53 PM

this mic is awsome, i got is about 2 weeks ago and have messed around with it alot, testing with other people.

Works to perfection.

I also noticed that its not very picky about where it sits on my neck. i moved the transponders around some, high, low, one hig and one low, pulled it tight and held it loose. it always worked as long as it wasn't puched off the adams apple.

I am very pleased

#51 User is offline   Ragearo 

• Math Genius
  • PipPip
  • Location:New Hampshire (according to wikipedia, 1st pb game here!)
  • Brigade Name:Ragaero

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:26 PM

sartek, on Oct 12 2005, 07:14 PM, said:

the problem i have with the earbone mics is that they use the vibrations of the bones in your inner ear to pick up sound, and they aren't the comfortable to people with small ears. to get an idea of what they would transmit, plug your ears with your pinky fingers and talk. it sounds kind of nasally.

wow, thaks a lot, now my pinky fingers have earwax on 'em...

#52 User is offline   sartek 

• Trained Shop Monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SARTEK

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:31 AM

LOL.. clean your ears out then.. shoudl also help with hearing your teammates on the radio..
"I tinker, therefore I am" - Doc Nickel
DOT HazMat Geek, Airsmith, Tinkerer

#53 User is offline   Fighter24 

• Fighter-A soldier, an unyeilding or determined person
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fighter24

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:50 PM

Well i ordered 3 last Friday and i hope they come in soon. I plan to use them for paintball and snowmobiling so the mics are the gift that keeps on giving.
"I'll lead you to glory or I'll lead you to hell, but I'll be the first one there."-General George Armstrong Custer
IPB Image

Favre4ever

#54 User is offline   Ronin055 

• Shootin' an' Scootin'
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ronin055

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:10 PM

Loved the review. Gosh I wish I knew about this before I got my Firefox. Kinda dont like it that much.

OK for those of you who have big necks or just have a problem with throte mices in general here is a quick and simple fix.

You get some quarter inch wide flat elastic band. Tie it off to one side of your throte mic and make a loop at the other end. Tie the loop off and then feed the body of the cord through the loop. Now youve got a slip knot kinda thing going on. Loop that over the other end of the throte mic and youve got what I call my dog collar. Now when the hounds of War head off to battle, their collars stay in place :P
Keven Cecil

Reno Pursuit Gamers Check out our Site for Northern Nevada paintball Games.

"Gun... Sword, we all die the same." Toshiro Mifune in Red Sun with Charles Bronson.

#55 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:14 PM

Ronin055, on Dec 13 2005, 04:10 PM, said:

Loved the review. Gosh I wish I knew about this before I got my Firefox. Kinda dont like it that much.

OK for those of you who have big necks or just have a problem with throte mices in general here is a quick and simple fix.

You get some quarter inch wide flat elastic band. Tie it off to one side of your throte mic and make a loop at the other end. Tie the loop off and then feed the body of the cord through the loop. Now youve got a slip knot kinda thing going on. Loop that over the other end of the throte mic and youve got what I call my dog collar. Now when the hounds of War head off to battle, their collars stay in place :D

Its not wise to wrap an elastic band around your head, your basicly making a noose and cutting off oxygen to your head, it will be very easy to suffocate without anyone knowing untill the police dogs come to sniff out your body

#56 User is offline   Repins 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:34 PM

These things are great but if something messes up then you might as well buy a new one. I bought one of these after seeing this review when it first was written. I got mine 2 weeks later (takes a long time to get shipped) and used it for one day and broke it. It was my fault that it broke so Im not bashing the company for making low quality gear. I contacted the company to see if they would fix it but no return of emails at all and couldnt find a phone number on the website. Customer service sucks tremendously.

But on a positive note... for the little time I used it before I broke it I absolutely fell in love w/ the thing so I ordered a new one :wacko:

#57 User is offline   sartek 

• Trained Shop Monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, that's the downside to the company being located in singapore. Mine has gone through some pretty heavy beatings and moving around since I got it, and it's holdign up quite nicely..I dropped a full 20oz on it last night and it's still kicking.

#58 User is offline   Damage Incorporated 

• Knight Stalkers Scenario Paintball Team Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:32 PM

I have a question. I wanted to see how the throat mics that Sartek reviewed and some of you have bought are holding up since it has been almost three months for some of you. I bought 2 IASUS brand throat mics, one for me and 1 for my nephew. I like them but the PTT button on the one my nephew was using broke mid way through the 1st scenario game we used them in. I broke the pin off that plugs into the radio on the other 10 minutes later by accident. I gave my nephew my PTT button and it works fine but I want to order 2 more throat mics. I was thinking about trting these. I was already going to stay away from the Fire Fox brand. I have heard alot of bad things about them from people who have them.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Outdoor Adventures Pasadena, Maryland-Rosedale, Maryland-Chesapeake City Maryland
CCM-Chipley Custom Machine

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom"
John F. Kennedy 1961

#59 User is offline   sartek 

• Trained Shop Monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:43 PM

well, since I've been out of commision for a while and my throat mic hasn't been put through any severly rigorous play, I guess it's held up pretty well for being packed away in a small cloth bag in the bottom of my paintball bag with 4 co2 tanks, my 3 guns, barrels, and 2 radios. Every weekend I go out to the field, I throw my bag in my car whether I play or not, and it's survived so far.

(EDIT: JTPaintball70 is the person that I found out about them from, so he'd probably have the most to say on it)

This post has been edited by sartek: 02 January 2006 - 10:34 PM

#60 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:50 PM

I do believe I've had mine the longest of anyone, and I can tell you that mine is holding up perfectly :D Scuffed all to hell, but working great. I just bought 2 more for my new T5550Rs that I"m going to be using at OK D-Day
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users