• You cannot reply to this topic

Paint Size all about paint sizing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Koz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:McKoz

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

I'm a little bit of a noob. I've been playing for awhile now, and I wouldn't call myself a noob out on the field, but I've spent most of my paintball days as a weekend warrior, playing random pick-up games with friends. I may be in the market for a new barrel in a couple of months, but I've already read the hundred other barrel threads where you tell different people the same things over and over.

I'm looking for some advice on paint size. I have always tried to buy decent paint, but I've never payed much attention to it beyond that. If I can cut back on my paint usage and find some money, then I may try to start shooting mostly marbalizer this summer, but that definitely not for sure. I guess I'm just looking to try to figure out what brands tend to run bigger or smaller, and try to find some good paint-to-barrel matches...so hit me. Any advice in this area is appreciated, so take it away. Anything you wanna tell me, I wanna hear.

Thanks guys,
-Koz

#2 User is offline   andrew h 

• death is on the wind...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*shadow*

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:17 AM

link!
That should help :huh:
so a bush shot you?...
...fear the sniper

official sniper #23
play here! -> http://www.forestfirepb.com/

#3 User is offline   snipa12 

• snipe'em all day long
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipamasta

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:51 PM

my advice get a barrel kit u can get diferant backs so the barrel will match your paint it doent matter what paintballs ur using
smart parts owner # 100
"no you did not just fail you found 500 ways not to get me out"

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:47 PM

You don't necessarily need a barrel kit. Kits are most useful when you are subjected to varying types of field only paint or if you travel and play a lot. In either case, they are useful when you aren't in control of what paint you're using.

For a casual player, or even a serious player, single bore barrels can work very well. If you need another bore size you can just buy another one-piece barrel, it isn't that much different than a kit and you still have enough flexibility. The simplest route is to use a large bore barrel and buy paint that fits it. If it's a little small its no big deal. A lot of people tend to exaggerate the importance of having a perfect paint-barrel match. As long as the paint isn't too big, or it isn't grossly smaller than the barrel you won't likely notice a difference in how it shoots.

The link above can give you some rough estimates. If you're in a humid area paint tends to be on the large side, and a dry climate it tends to shrink a bit. From my experience, usually the best paint is what is made most local to where you play. The local paint supplier will tend to have a quicker turnaround and fresher paint in general. Where I live, Karnage paint shoots just as well as everything else, it's cheaper, and its always a fresh box.

This post has been edited by Piller: 08 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#5 User is offline   snipa12 

• snipe'em all day long
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipamasta

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

yah he wanted some good paint to barrel maches so i think that would help the most
smart parts owner # 100
"no you did not just fail you found 500 ways not to get me out"

#6 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

Not trying to jack the thread or anything, but if I have a case of .687 balls, and I have a .690 barrel I need to use them with, could I store them in a room with a humidifier (increase humidity) to allow them to subtly increase in size? Or maybe a room with higher humidity? Would this just mess with the shell's strength too much?
-Ty

This post has been edited by TyTy: 09 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users