• You cannot reply to this topic

Snipers using grenades? discuss Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:52 PM

i have noticed that with paintball 203's the main problem is designing a disposable paint grenade to be launched. also the problem that goes along with that is how would you market it? how would you make it fly straight? how would you make it reliable? ect.

however, one of the easier 203's to make that isnt being marketed for paintball is the 203 smoke. this really bums me out cuz you can make smoke grenades out of ping pong balls. now if you have something that is relitivly the same shape of a paintball why arent you making a way to launch this usefull device? i wouldnt mind having to manualy light it before launching. it would be nice to see one that lights your ping-pong smokes for you however.

now because i know all of you are gonna ask me for the recipie for ping-pong smokes, here it is.

-box of 7 or more ping pongs
-aluminum foil
-fuze

1: set one ping pong aside, mince the rest, finer the batter.

2: cut a slit in the remaining ping-pong ball, and fill with minced ping pong

3: stick fuze in slit

4: wrap ball with 3 or more layers of aluminum foil (keeps the smoke from exploding without burning through)

5: light and see what it does!!!

#32 User is offline   wbsniper94 

• "what a man fears most is what he cannot see"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:wbsniper94

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:01 AM

Its not a bad idea but I would give away your position if your not extremely careful. I would prefer pulling a string and setting off a landmine. :(
SHAMELESS GUYS unite !!!!!!! PUZ for PREZ
Shameless guys quote #1: "Real men eat burgers, not pie or ikes, that's just an epic fail."

#33 User is offline   Hubb 

• Let's do dis!!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Hubb

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:36 AM

I know this thread is older but I just read it (just signed up). While reading through these posts, I didn't see anything about snipers setting traps. That's the primary reason I (when going sniper) carry the grenades. I can quickly set up a trap on a path then wait in ambush. When the grenade is triggered, it usually will not eliminate all and that's when the sniping starts. If it doesn't eliminate and they don't notice, I keep waiting. If they do notice it, oh well, at least I have concealment (and maybe even another well placed grenade).

Someone did mention that grenades are used to take out satellite stations and such, which is another reason I carry grenades. Snipers are the ambush players. They sneak up better than anyone else so who better else to eliminate an objective such as this?

Do note, however, that I rarely take more than two grenades with me. More than that for a sniper is not needed.

#34 User is offline   StalkerII 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:StalkerII

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:41 PM

I would think so also I use a Master Mine tripwire it can come in handy when seting up an ambush

#35 User is offline   The_Joker 

• HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The_Joker_Sniper

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

Most certainly. If you're a "lone wolf", then you gonna need it. If you come under attack and you need to retreat, the grenade can be helpful by just scaring the OpFor. Even if the grenade doesn't explode or kill anyone, it'll still make them panic for a few seconds.

If you have a spotter, your spotter should carry it. My spotter carries one to two grenades and he might possibly carry a smoke grenade. Still discussing the pros and cons of that.

If you're always with several people, then it's not really necessary as you'll have people to help you out.

The Joker

Dustin "The Joker" Taylor
Dark Allegiance

#36 User is offline   russo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:.RUSSO.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:34 PM

mines minse mines are great especially trip mines to have behind u if ur in the brush because u want to move as little as possible and if u here some behind u as there are people also infront of you mines come in very helpful i use them often

#37 User is offline   NINJAGHOST 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

I always carry a grenade with me. I've ran into situations where I've pinned down entire squads and shooting becomes impossible.

Also, when hidden and and a squad walks by, a grenade makes less noise than the rapport of a marker and with any luck should kill everyone in the squad. The only noise you'll hear is the grumbles of those losers who were not paying attention to their surroundings.

Just a few thoughts...

#38 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Snipers with grenades..wheres your god now MMMWWWHHAHHAHAHAHHA!!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users