CAMP X CHALLENGE An inexpensive alternative to tourneys
Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:01 AM
We were chatting up at the field a few weeks ago about the CSSPL. Mostly about how cool it sounds as well as how darned expensive it is just to enter.
So we were thinking about starting a challenge cup. Something like how the original Stanley Cup started. For those of you who don't know check out this link (pay close attention to the History section).
It's still early in the planning, but so far we were thinking this:
• someone challenges us for the cup, our field, our paint (no charge to get in)
• you win, you take the cup, but we get first crack at getting it back at your field, your paint
• best of 5 format (attack/defend, attack/defend switch sides, capture the flag, center flag push, last man standing) 30 minute games, all out in the woods
• 10 man teams (bring a few replacements)
• each team will supply refs (team members who aren't playing that game)
Now there is no prize money involved, just a cheesy trophy and bragging rights. We just want this to be a fun day of paintball, with just a little competition thrown in.
We will start a web page to track the travels of the trophy.
So what does everybody think? Would there be any takers? Let's hear what you have to say. Good idea? Bad idea? Any suggestions?
Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:03 PM
Will this work with multi team at the same field or will it be only the field team allowed to defend or win the "Cup"?
Sounds cool by the way!
This post has been edited by Revelstoke Ranger: 25 February 2008 - 07:04 PM
Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:46 AM
This post has been edited by princetonbc: 27 February 2008 - 12:47 AM
Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:36 AM
No round robins. Just two teams having a good time.