• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EOS vs. G3 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   fkneinstein 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

I'm between getting an EOS or a DP G3. I just spoke with a salesman who told me I should get the G3, buy a virtue board and a freak barrell, instead of getting the EOS but I really don't know what to think or what to do. I haven't played in seven or eight years so I'm just getting back into it. I was just hoping I could get several opinions and get pointed in the right direction before I spend any money.

#2 User is offline   Nom Carver 

• My browser PWNS yours!!!
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:40 PM

G3 all of the way. The EOS is really just an Ion wrapped up in a nice shiny body. G3 has a better stock board in my opinion, and you wouldn't really need a new barrel, just a new board if you can't live without PSP 3-shot. The G3 is just going to end up giving you more bang for your buck.
(\__,,
( x x) <--- This is Bunny if I see him in one more signature...
(")_ -==(")
Dear Tippmann, Clamshells suck. Signed, Friggin everybody - F-3
feedback My How to paint snakeskin how-to; OMG!!!

#3 User is offline   fkneinstein 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

Well I appreciate the help. Are there any guns that are maybe a little bit more expensive than the eos or g3 that I should consider buying instead? I have around $800 for buying all my equipment, hopper, tank, goggles...etc, right now but in a week or two I'll have a little bit above $1,000.

#4 User is offline   Corrupted355 

• Addict
  • Pip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

You might benefit from looking at some of the used Bob Long guns. I've never shot a BL that I didn't absolutely love.

But in the above debate, I'd also have to choose the G3. It's got a fairly bland (but perfectly usable) trigger, but the rest of the marker is pretty nice. I only shot an EOS on one occasion, and even then only for a very short period, but I wasn't all that fond of it.

#5 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

I agree with Corrupted- I never have used a Bob Long that I didn't love, and they are great new or used.

Of the two you're looking at, G3 hands down. It's a pretty nice package overall, though I tend to prefer many other markers over it, including the Invert Mini. If you like the G3 and don't mind springing for a new trigger at some point, go for it. Otherwise, I'd probably look around some more.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users