• You cannot reply to this topic

offensive broadsword Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Transporter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Transporter

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:39 PM

does anyone play this way if so what tactics do you use?
i play like a dagger but with broadsword style of gear on attack and was wondering if there are other tactis than support

#2 User is offline   dillz 

• Badger Brgd. Outcast #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper_666

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:59 AM

Yea man most times I play it on the offense side I hate standing there waiting for someone when I can be out gunning for them.

I usually end up either mid squad or back gunner very rarely but it has happened I take point just got back from a game sunday and I feel I did well helping the offence move on target either through cover fire or being a decoy while they moved to a different spot. I prefer to stay in the back of the squad that way when they neeed me I can already see my target most times and all I have to do is put paint on target and keep them moving up til I need a reload.
Sic vis pacem para bellum.
If you want peace prepare for war.
When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty...

#3 User is offline   Ghost_Wolf 

• Silent but Deadly.
  • PipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:12 PM

I have a bad habit of mixing my positions: i shoot too much when sniping, and i get way too far up as a broadsword, so i end up being real offensive. I tend to find myself two steps from sharing a bunker with the pointman of my squad, and find myself bumrushing / bunkering people. The Best tacics i can reccomend are shoot alot, and be exposed as little as possible. The closer you are to the front, the more angles of fire there are open on you. You may have the guy with the drop on you totaly supressed in a hail of paint, but you can really only cover one angle at ounce, so someone on the other side will eventually get a shot on you while your shooting the other way. Alos, keep grenades handy. Big ones, and lots of em.

This post has been edited by Ghost_Wolf: 10 May 2007 - 06:13 PM

--Ghost_Wolf
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#4 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

remember, spec ops positions are like guildlines. you dont have to do exactly what they say...

#5 User is offline   Transporter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:24 PM

OMG i know they are are not set in stone or anything but its an easy way to express the way i play with a nice heavy paint gun, but highly moble, never carrying more paint that i need, hit and run style with a little bit of everything else in it....

#6 User is offline   newach 

• STR8BALLA
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ACH

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:30 AM

I play like that to. Some times i would even past the pointman, and become the new pointman.
If we cant do it it doesn't need to be done- sabre #23
broadsword #1 Commander #41
STR8BALLA #626(click on it to go to www.str8balla.com)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him achieve world domination.

#7 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:41 PM

All of our so called broadswords use offensive and defensive tactics. We have them in an assault fire team and their job is to provide cover fire for attack, flanking and retreat. They are not the primary guys used to actually flank an opponent, but they do skirmish and leapfrog forward on the attack when called for.

#8 User is offline   Transporter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:31 PM

well i rarely get caught on support fire duty if i can pull my team forwards. i love to flank and sneak and run and snipe and lead.
im like a dagger sniper commander w/ broadsword gear and garrilla warfare on my mind

#9 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:05 AM

My gear is all set up towards being a Broadsword but I seldom sit and wait. Depending on the type of game we are playing and what role I am going to fill during that game, will dictate my style of play and what I carry for a paint load. If we are playing capture the flag, I usually get put on flag defense because no one likes to assault the flag when they know that I am defending it. For that, I carry grenades, a full load of paint, and two land mines, on of which I attach to the flag and the other will go on one of more likely routes to the flag. If I am assaulting, then i will gear up with a lighter load of paint and probably no grenades. Also, if I have a lot of newbies, I tend to play more conservatively because I spend more time trying to keep them organized and keep them from panicking.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#10 User is offline   P 1 IVI P 1 N G 

• Team Stealth Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:P 1 IVI P 1 N G

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:27 PM

When I read the title, I thought you meant a Broadsword offended you. In any event, I mix my positions a bit, too. I play mostly Commander/Sabre, as in I command from a Sabre position, and I also play Sniper on occasion, but I ususally wind up playing a Sabre in hiding, I still bring at least two full pods with me.

-Andrew
Every time somebody shoots at someone who isn't wearing a mask, someone drowns a sack of puppies.
Every time somebody purposely overshoots someone, a dolphin is harpooned and eaten alive.
Every time somebody wipes, a family of bunnies gets run over by a Steamroller. That's why they have to reproduce so fast. Theoretically, that's how dinosaurs became extinct.

Team Stealth Official Site---HEMOG

#11 Guest_Apocolyptic_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:29 PM

That's what I normally try to do. On my team, that's the broadsword's job. Change the game from defensive to offensive through overpowering the enemy. People believe that broadsword is defensive, but they are better on the offensive, in my opinion.

#12 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:50 AM

Its nice to bring the offensive power of a broadsword to the front line, especially if the other team isn't expecting it!
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#13 User is offline   runningbear 

• I am the HAMMER for Team MSB
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:runningbear

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:55 AM

agreed. the ability/firepower of the broadsword is best suited for offence, not defence. i have played both and enjoy offence alot more than D. the ability to desimate the op4 with a constant berage of paint while the rest of the team moves to flank is what i live for. thats also why im building a hammer set up, just so i can shoot more paint....... :) :D

This post has been edited by runningbear: 28 May 2007 - 05:56 AM

#14 Guest_Apocolyptic_*

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

View Postrunningbear, on May 28 2007, 06:55 AM, said:

agreed. the ability/firepower of the broadsword is best suited for offence, not defence. i have played both and enjoy offence alot more than D. the ability to desimate the op4 with a constant berage of paint while the rest of the team moves to flank is what i live for. thats also why im building a hammer set up, just so i can shoot more paint....... :D :D

Plus, if you have the other team always on the defense, how are they supposed to have an offense?

#15 Guest_MOUTguy_*

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:23 PM

That's definetly me. Pack alot of paint, lay down some coverage, and charge! What we usaually do is up the middle, and some of my buddies go on the side and destroy them!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users