• You cannot reply to this topic

Ion XE I need help with it.

#1 User is offline   NO MAN 

• "Heavy gunz"
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Heavy GunZ

Post icon  Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:22 AM

:D Well I'm sad to say it but I am a noob and I just bought an Ion XE and have read a few topics on here and it seems that it would be best to use compressed air with it , but I have not yet used it because, well frankly I don't want to mess up a 200 dollar gun. If I am supposed to use compressed air what type of tank should I use , and can I fill it with an air compressor?If not then what should I run it on? :ghillie:

#2 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:47 AM

You have to use hpa with it.
If you want a lighter tank get a carbon fiber one. If you don't mind weight, then you could get a steel one.
I you decide on carbon, try to go for one like a 68ci 4,500psi.
FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#3 User is offline   prettylou98 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:07 AM

You can not fill your own HP tanks with an average compressor. You wont have enough pressure. Take your tank to get filled at your local shop or field. It is best to use HP on an Ion XE.

Proudly Sponsored by
Special Ops, DYE Precision, QuickShot Paintball, FogDoc.com, PBWaterPod

#4 User is offline   NO MAN 

• "Heavy gunz"
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

View PostTora, on Jan 21 2009, 09:47 AM, said:

You have to use hpa with it.
If you want a lighter tank get a carbon fiber one. If you don't mind weight, then you could get a steel one.
I you decide on carbon, try to go for one like a 68ci 4,500psi.

;) Thanks I will try to get one do you know how much they should cost? Lots of places around here have different prices and I wanna find the cheapest I can get , and which brand should I look into buying? :rolleyes:

#5 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

Carbon tanks run a higher price range than steel tanks. But are worth it. They weigh much less.

68/4500 is a good size tank.

You will probably want a High pressure tank, as they are compatable with most all markers besides older angels.
THIS LINK will take you to actionvillage.com. It is the compressed air tank section. The prices are decent and some decent brands are:

CP (Custom Products)
Crossfire
DXS

And more.

You will not be able to fill tanks without a specialty compressor due to the high PSI.

#6 User is offline   NO MAN 

• "Heavy gunz"
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

View Postshadow_772, on Jan 21 2009, 12:29 PM, said:

Carbon tanks run a higher price range than steel tanks. But are worth it. They weigh much less.

68/4500 is a good size tank.

You will probably want a High pressure tank, as they are compatable with most all markers besides older angels.
THIS LINK will take you to actionvillage.com. It is the compressed air tank section. The prices are decent and some decent brands are:

CP (Custom Products)
Crossfire
DXS

And more.

You will not be able to fill tanks without a specialty compressor due to the high PSI.

:rolleyes: Thank you very much, and 165 bucks is the cheapest I can get a 68/4500 psi hpa tank for , and will it have to say hpa or not for it to be a hpa tank? Also does anyone think that a Ion XE is durable enough to be a marker for use in woodsball? :ghillie:

#7 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

Thank you very much, and 165 bucks is the cheapest I can get a 68/4500 psi hpa tank for , and will it have to say hpa or not for it to be a hpa tank? Also does anyone think that a Ion XE is durable enough to be a marker for use in woodsball?

From a paintball shop you can get either CO2 or air bottles. You definately do not want to put air into a CO2 bottle, but otherwise they will mainly be HPA.

The bottles will take up to either 3000 or 4500psi. 3000psi bottles in the US can be bought in the region of $50.

The regulator is either HPA or LPA, most are HPA. This relates to the output pressure. You require HPA.

A 4500 fibre wrapped bottle is in theory better than a 3000psi steel bottle.
It will be lighter, have a larger physical capacity. But unless the site you go to fills at 4500 psi you wont get the best use of the pressure. If you play at short games of 15 or 30 minutes at a time you can keep topping up a 3000 bottle so wont benefit from the extra air in a 4500.

If you are unsure now I would recommend getting a 3000 steel bottle now and save about $100. If you decide you want the 4500 bottle soon after you have not realy wasted your money as you will have a spare. You may also be able to borrow a bottle from the site when you play giving you the chance to try 3000 psi without spending first.

An important point is that fibre 4500 bottles have a maximum life of 15 years, steel 3000 bottles can last forever as long as they pass hydro tests every 5 years. (Both kinds of bottle must be tested every 5 years)

Remember that this is the SpecOps forum and air bottles are also available from them!
http://shop.specialo...ems.html?cat=48

#8 User is offline   NO MAN 

• "Heavy gunz"
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:06 PM

View PostTommikka, on Jan 22 2009, 11:56 AM, said:

Thank you very much, and 165 bucks is the cheapest I can get a 68/4500 psi hpa tank for , and will it have to say hpa or not for it to be a hpa tank? Also does anyone think that a Ion XE is durable enough to be a marker for use in woodsball?

From a paintball shop you can get either CO2 or air bottles. You definately do not want to put air into a CO2 bottle, but otherwise they will mainly be HPA.

The bottles will take up to either 3000 or 4500psi. 3000psi bottles in the US can be bought in the region of $50.

The regulator is either HPA or LPA, most are HPA. This relates to the output pressure. You require HPA.

A 4500 fibre wrapped bottle is in theory better than a 3000psi steel bottle.
It will be lighter, have a larger physical capacity. But unless the site you go to fills at 4500 psi you wont get the best use of the pressure. If you play at short games of 15 or 30 minutes at a time you can keep topping up a 3000 bottle so wont benefit from the extra air in a 4500.

If you are unsure now I would recommend getting a 3000 steel bottle now and save about $100. If you decide you want the 4500 bottle soon after you have not realy wasted your money as you will have a spare. You may also be able to borrow a bottle from the site when you play giving you the chance to try 3000 psi without spending first.

An important point is that fibre 4500 bottles have a maximum life of 15 years, steel 3000 bottles can last forever as long as they pass hydro tests every 5 years. (Both kinds of bottle must be tested every 5 years)

Remember that this is the SpecOps forum and air bottles are also available from them!
http://shop.specialo...ems.html?cat=48

:ghillie: Wow thanks this was exactly what I was looking for. :ghillie:

#9 User is offline   Metalbender 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Metalbender

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

[/quote]
B) Thank you very much, and 165 bucks is the cheapest I can get a 68/4500 psi hpa tank for , and will it have to say hpa or not for it to be a hpa tank? Also does anyone think that a Ion XE is durable enough to be a marker for use in woodsball? :ghillie:
[/quote]

The EX should make a good woodsball gun. I use an EOS and am real happy with rate of fire and accuracy both. My only complaint is the hopper sits so high. I am looking at a qloader upgrade to eliminate the hopper completely.

Metalbender

#10 User is offline   NO MAN 

• "Heavy gunz"
  • PipPip

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:32 PM

The EX should make a good woodsball gun. I use an EOS and am real happy with rate of fire and accuracy both. My only complaint is the hopper sits so high. I am looking at a qloader upgrade to eliminate the hopper completely.

Metalbender
[/quote]
:ghillie: Cool does the q-loader attachment work on an XE because I wanted to ask before buying it. BTW I will post picks of my gun after I finish working on it. :ghillie:

#11 User is offline   GOOBERDAWG69 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:36 AM

well first i would like to welcome you to the sport everybody already answerd your questions but i have an ion xe and just wanted to let you know its a great gun it is curently my project doing some milling and anodizing to make it unique i dont raely play much because of money but still workin on the gun any questions on the gun or sport send me a message..have fun and good luck...

GOOBER

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  087.JPG (787.82K)
    Number of downloads: 4

#12 User is offline   NO MAN 

• "Heavy gunz"
  • PipPip

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

View PostGOOBERDAWG69, on Jan 25 2009, 12:36 AM, said:

well first i would like to welcome you to the sport everybody already answerd your questions but i have an ion xe and just wanted to let you know its a great gun it is curently my project doing some milling and anodizing to make it unique i dont realy play much because of money but still workin on the gun any questions on the gun or sport send me a message..have fun and good luck...

GOOBER

:( Thanks I am planning on getting a q-loader for mine and a remote. I also may get camo fabric to rap it in so it won't give away my position by having the sun reflect off of it. :ghillie:

#13 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

Chances are the sun will not reflect off your marker or hopper. Most times, people see masks and heads moving around. Do not get the q-loader as they are garbage, if you want a good, decently priced hopper, go with the Viewloader Velocity JR.
Coming soon.

#14 User is offline   NO MAN 

• "Heavy gunz"
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

View Postdeltapaintball, on Jan 27 2009, 11:47 AM, said:

Chances are the sun will not reflect off your marker or hopper. Most times, people see masks and heads moving around. Do not get the q-loader as they are garbage, if you want a good, decently priced hopper, go with the Viewloader Velocity JR.

Which lubricant should I use with my Ion XE?

#15 User is offline   GOOBERDAWG69 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:50 PM

View PostNO MAN, on Jan 28 2009, 06:51 PM, said:

View Postdeltapaintball, on Jan 27 2009, 11:47 AM, said:

Which lubricant should I use with my Ion XE?

i use thw spyder oil it works good on all guns

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users