Special Ops Paintball: What should I have on an A5 - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What should I have on an A5 The types of gear and accessoires I should have on my A5 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   X2117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:X2117

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:05 AM

Hey guys, I've been playing paintball since 07 but have just started getting serious about upgrading my A5. Right now I have it set up with A flatline barrel, M4 style clasplable stock, MP5 for-grip, and an X7 hopper. I have some metal parts that went in the cyclone feeder and some rubber paddles. what other upgrades do ya'll suggest? I'm thinkin HPA and maybe an egrip.

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:49 AM

It all depends on what you need. I personally stop after a new barrel and a spring kit.

HPA is nice if you've been having consistency issues. Likewise, a Stabilizer regulator will have a similar effect using CO2. I would only go with an eGrip if you feel you can't shoot fast enough with your stock trigger. I usually play pump so that modification is beyond me.

While there are a lot of things you can do to A5s, in reality they have about the same number of actual upgrades as the next marker. Most of the parts you buy are just modifications to personalize it. I wouldn't buy anything else unless you have a specific issue you want to fix or improve.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:36 PM

If you can afford HPA and it is in your area, it could be worthwhile to switch. A lot of high ends can only use HPA, so it is nice to already have a good tank (buy a carbon fiber tank) around in case a high end catches your eye down the road. Plus HPA will improve consistency.

Other than a tank, I would just leave the A-5 as-is. Tippmanns become money pits very, very quickly as in money put in =/= performance put out. So I would just leave it.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#4 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:43 PM

There's a nice Rhythm Magnetic Trigger I like.

http://www.rhythminnovation.com/rcart/agor...p;product=A-5HE

#5 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

I would recomend having the tab thats in front of the fore grip cut off.
Doing that makes it allot easyier to add a folding fore grip or other stuff to the bottom of the marker.
Get this done proffesionally if you have any doubt about doing it your self.
Posted Image

37sps.com

#6 User is offline   X2117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:X2117

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:19 PM

Wow, thank for all the replys already. I guess I'll probally get HPA because I'm having some issues with my flatline being very eritic while firing. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

#7 User is offline   ur2ez22 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

View PostX2117, on Nov 2 2009, 10:05 AM, said:

Hey guys, I've been playing paintball since 07 but have just started getting serious about upgrading my A5. Right now I have it set up with A flatline barrel, M4 style clasplable stock, MP5 for-grip, and an X7 hopper. I have some metal parts that went in the cyclone feeder and some rubber paddles. what other upgrades do ya'll suggest? I'm thinkin HPA and maybe an egrip.

yeah i would go e-grip. maybe a dishka flash suppressor. lol.... maybe a diffrient barrel..... i was thinking maybe a 16-18 inch aggressor barrel with a a kind of shroud. that would be sweet. and i would go with a cyclone just cause there reliable and easy to repair and use! :happy:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users