Special Ops Paintball: the true meaning of sniping.... - Special Ops Paintball

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

the true meaning of sniping.... honestly... This should get every to hush.... Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:41 PM

The truth right before your eyes. ^^^

#62 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• Go on....make my lunch...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:haon_07

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:01 PM

Hey, I know I'm not all powerful. If that were true I'd be in the UN right now telling the world how stupid it is and punching Kim Jong Ill in the face. (that's just the tip of the ice berg, but alas, I'm not all powerful...) :ghillie:
My signature is......................SIGNATURE!

#63 User is offline   Col.Anonymous 

• MASTER WAS NULL OR WAS NOT A MASTER!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Guests
  • Brigade Name:Col. Anonymous

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:22 PM

View Posthaon_07, on May 31 2007, 04:01 PM, said:

Hey, I know I'm not all powerful. If that were true I'd be in the UN right now telling the world how stupid it is and punching Kim Jong Ill in the face. (that's just the tip of the ice berg, but alas, I'm not all powerful...) :dry:

Awesome post man very funny. :laugh: :laugh:

You got tact man. I'm jus sayin' never let your ego get the best of you, or some punk with a rental will pwn you lol it happened to me once, now I'm humble and a bit more modest. Hell for all I know you could be the best damn pb sniper ever. Ya get my drift dude?

Colonel Anonymous :dry: :)
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
# 1. No Adult Content: There are to be absolutely NO NUDITY, FOUL, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, or IMAGES/CLIPS THAT SHOW GRAPHIC VIOLENCE images in your signature.

#64 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:30 PM

You got tact man. I'm jus sayin' never let your ego get the best of you, or some punk with a rental will pwn you lol it happened to me once, now I'm humble and a bit more modest. Hell for all I know you could be the best damn pb sniper ever. Ya get my drift dude?

Colonel Anonymous :P :ninja:
[/quote]

Trust, me I'm average at best when it comes to sniping.... My Captain is a different story, he will freak you out he is so good, he still scares me even off the field! He may think I'm a decent sniper, but I'm nothing compared to him... :D

This post has been edited by haon_07: 31 May 2007 - 05:30 PM

#65 User is offline   Stuffy 

• Selling to fund E30.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STUFFY

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:40 PM

I completely and utterly concure. :happy: :laugh: :D

View Postcustomsnipernj, on May 30 2007, 08:33 PM, said:

this is coming from a guy who actually was in the military, went through sniper school in ft. benning, and was an instructor for the squad designated marksman program in the 172nd SBCT.

Heres my case for a paintball "sniper" First, with a M24 you can reach out and touch someone from almost 900 meters if your steady. In paintball, to hit someone accuratly with one shot you need to be within 30 meters. Now which one do you think is harder to move into, a position a half mile from your target, or one 30 meters away... 30 meters! if you fart they'll hear you! Think about!

Respect someones ability to be that close to you without you knowing and accuratly placing a round thats not made to fly perfectly straight on you!

Always remember its a game, and its fun, stop arguing little kiddies and go out and play the damn game! it doenst matter what you call yourself as long as your out there helping the sport grow!

peaaaace :ghillie:

Real men shoot Sheridans.-Marauder_Pilot And the girls arez the devils.-Toki Wartooth

#66 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:52 PM

You know what I don't get? Why do people say that paintball snipers don't exist? If you ask me, they are like those uber religeos people that sit around all day watching TV, looking for things to complain about that have no relevance to what they propose, or oppose. Anybody else feel this way? I mean, is it just me? :wacko:

#67 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:39 PM

I think whe i meet someone that I think is deserving of the title ill give it to him/her,

but i dont place that title on myself or the general wannabee becasue i jsut dont play the sniper poition that much, ill work it soemtimes but most ofte time im a medium rifleman.

the way i see it is if a guy wants to be called a "sniper" in paintball i would like to see his actions in a game to reflect how he plays

i think a sniper should noty be a person who sits in a bush waiting for people to come to them, a newbie with a talon can do that, they should be able to go to the enemy stealthly and take out opponents within close proximity as a support for a allied squad moving up.

acting on your own suks casue no one can help you if you get found out, it happens so dont say i never get caught casue you will, once your found out your done in.

he should be the eyes for the team and be scouting looking for objectives, thats the ONLY time he should be acting alone, looking up enemy stong points and what not.

That kind of stuff helps a team win, a sniper hiding in a corner of the field and per chance taking out one person per game is a waste of a teamate and just puts you a man down

im all forthe one hitone kill but honestly i could do that also, hell pump kids often HAVE to do that, but if it dosnet help your team as a whole then youve failed as a sniper, and a teammate.

This post has been edited by Guy In Digi Camo: 31 May 2007 - 06:52 PM

Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#68 User is offline   stealthyeliminator 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:06 PM

View Posthaon_07, on May 31 2007, 05:52 PM, said:

You know what I don't get? Why do people say that paintball snipers don't exist? If you ask me, they are like those uber religeos people that sit around all day watching TV, looking for things to complain about that have no relevance to what they propose, or oppose. Anybody else feel this way? I mean, is it just me? :dodgy:

What a hasty generalization you have there. Correction- What a couple of nasty, hasty generalizations you have there.

You know what, I bet there is one, heck, make that a couple of the "anti-sniper" crowd out there that do just "that". "That" is referring to the actions that you extremely stereotypically described in your second statement.

You know what I don't get? Why do people say paintball snipers exist? If you ask me, they are like those super non-religious people that never watch TV and always get their panties in a wad whenever someone disagrees with them.

#69 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:43 AM

Lol he has a point. Snipers just a name, it exists because people want it to. The playing style exists because people like to trade firepower for stealth and concealment while taking time to aim their shots. They call this play style "sniper" because it involves using stealth and concealment just as military snipers do, and some snipers use Flatline barrels to get the extra range. I know what you're thinking, Flatline and stealth? What? If you're firing form 150' away, your targets are going to have a fun time trying to figure out where that is coming from. Especially during their own firefight.

#70 User is offline   carl_the_sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

Sniper is a mindset, not a position.

#71 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:05 PM

View PostTREE FITTY, on May 26 2007, 11:33 PM, said:

I always use these definitions for paintball...

Marksman- A person skilled in the one shot one kill art.
Sniper- A person skilled in the art of concealment, and contains marksman qualities <meaning one shot one kill, not UBER 3927503 MILES>

I mean come on people... is it that hard? There are paintball snipers. There were Japanese snipers in WWII, and they used... what... type-something or other, that kinda gun, that's NOT a "sniper rifle". What is a sniper rifle? I know a marksman's rifle, like a M107, but whatever... some people are wayyyy too specific.

I guess ya gotta be, huh?

no its not that hard i agree with you.

Is anyone else tired of this debate. In paintball i think most (refering to most good players) people shoot about the same paintball snipers are just defined by their ability of concealment/movement/recon.

This post has been edited by SOLIDUS SNAKE: 01 June 2007 - 01:05 PM

RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#72 User is offline   Master_Sniper 

• Putting the "chool" in "School"
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Master_Sniper

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:57 PM

View PostWarpaint, on May 26 2007, 01:13 PM, said:

As stated in the post above, soldiers had to pass a rigorous set of qualifications to be designated as a sniper. Many people here claim that title merely by throwing on a ghillie, twisting on a 16"+ barrel, camping out somewhere, and tagging the occasional newb. To be "qualified" as "paintball" sniper, you should have to be designated a sharpshooter or marksmen with a standard paintball marker as compared to even your above average shooter. Then you should have to demonstrate proficiency in other sniper skills and field craft, such as ghillie construction/improvising, recon, hide selection/construction, field sketching, etc. Now, maybe all that is getting a little carried away for what is essentially, "playing pretend", but the sniper role is no more "pretend" than the other "make believe" paintball positions, and actually having some sniper skills might establish some much needed credibility for those that CALL themselves sniper. That's really what the root issue comes down to, is credibility. But again, that applies to ALL paintball positions, real or pretend. It's all in the sake of fun, right people?

So its not just me then, huh? This debate over this that and the other, or whatever the debate is really about is getting tired. We make a topic like this once every other month and we bicker about the same things over and over. Sometimes I call myself a scout instead, mainly because I'm way past enemy lines gathering intel and radio'ing it back to the team. Oh yeah, and eliminating whomever I can get from my location. :ghillie:
IPB Image#22

#73 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:02 AM

View Postcarl_the_sniper, on Jun 1 2007, 03:56 PM, said:

Sniper is a mindset, not a position.

But if snipers have a mindset, then that makes them snipers in a way, so why don't they exist? Ahh! My head! It asplode! If you ask me, now that I think about it...threads like these are just made by people to cause contraversy, why can't we all just stay in our own repective fields and respect eachother's play style? Sound good? :D

This post has been edited by haon_07: 02 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

#74 User is offline   carl_the_sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:33 AM

Because every woodsball player in the world uses concealment and masksmanship.

#75 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:03 PM

Because every woodsball player in the world uses concealment and masksmanship.

Do they? I have seen people show up to play woodsball in sweats, jeans and tee shirts, and speedball jerseys...not to mention a few whackos that have shown up as clowns and other characters. They weren't particularly good at concealing themselves, nor did they seem very concerned about doing so. Marksmanship (not masksmanship) is not a given either. That is a skill which must be developed, practiced, and refined. Concealment and marksmanship exist in degrees, not absolutes.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users