• This topic is locked

Response trigger or E-grip Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   senses fail 

• US Army Tanker
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SensesFailx13xx

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:25 PM

my a5 has a response trigger on it. and i love it. ive never used an e-griped marker so i cant really tell you wich is better but no batteries sounds good to me. plus ive already played in a pretty bad storm. i wouldnt use an egrip in the rain.

#17 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

the response trigger is also easy to clean if your gun starts chopping balls
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#18 User is offline   Spades 

• forum pizzimp
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sgt. spades

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

well, the response trigger is every-field legal, but the e-trigger has less trigger pull friction (sear vs. bolt), so you can shoot faster in semi.

Also, a lot of people talk about how the response is a bad investment. My local store owner says "well it doesnt work how it should, and with compressed air.. you're better off with a stock trigger, because it sucks"

now that's his opinion but he's played for a quite a looong time. I just bought the e-gro[ instead on a response trigger for my a-5, testing it out for the first time this sunday (my birthday lol)

PS, the battery can last for months

EDIT: PS again, you can cut a pen spring to the size of the trigger spring, and if you get a double trigger you can actully walk the trigger, but with the pen spring the trigger might not return as fast

This post has been edited by Spades: 23 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

Posted Image

#19 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:28 PM

First off, make sure you actually need this upgrade. And I'd go with the Egrip, just because it's so much less of a hassle when you need to switch it to semi auto on a non-auto field. And the lights are sweet!
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#20 User is offline   SNIPER-MAN-JONES 

• MAD-MAN-JONES
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MAD-MAN-JONES

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:26 PM

i have both and the e-grip is way better the battery thing is never a hassle because it lasts forever..and the response is super hard to tune it took me awhile and it sometimes gets tweaked so i have to reset it...my e-grip is on my gun for good now..faster.more reliable.just easier...get the e-grip :ghillie:

P.S. its better to have the firepower and not need it than to need it and not have it :ghillie:

This post has been edited by Legato: 15 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

Official Sabre #888

#21 User is offline   paulpker121 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spotter6661

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:11 PM

I say egrip with double trigger for fast semi-auto.
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

Official Sabre #1337

#22 User is offline   REBELS_PEACHZ 

• I have ADD, you wouldn't understand....LOOK A SQUIRREL!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PEACHZ

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:48 PM

I'm partial to the Response trig. Being able to go from single shot to burst to full auto just by adjusting the trigger pull...dang near priceless. Kind of a pain to install though, better off purchasing a gun with it built in, in my opinion.
Official Sabre #75 If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Christian Paintballer
Tippmann Owner's Club #112

#23 User is offline   The Dakar 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

My buddy has the response on his A-5, and it works fine. Biggest issue was a field that wouldn't let him play the field with it. Of course, he played almost the whole day before they noticed and told him 'NO' but still sucked.
I have an e-trig on my A-5, and I LOVE it. Best mode ever is the Auto Response. You can fire 10 bps easy, maybe as high as 15. But if a field doesn't allow it, you go to semi auto. All it takes is a button press. (two presses, but the same button)
I have never played the e-trig in the rain or around water, but unless it is submerged I coun't see it failing anymore than the rest of the gun (or paint for that matter).
As for people saying the e-trig is unrelable, I say HUMBUG! I have never had it duoble fire, accidently trip fire, or not fire when needed. Make sure it is clean and servicable. Install it CORRECTLY! If you have to force the grip on, something is wrong! E-trig is fine, you screwed something else up!
As for the battery, I can play two or three days (4000 shots minimum) before I need to change the 9volt. Considering a case costs my 57 bucks, what another 3 for a 9v?
I recommend the E-trig. Fires as fast (and most times faster) than the Response, it is tuneable, and you get many different firing options.
I used to think:
"So what if you shoot 15bps, but I only need to hit you with one"
Then I learned how much fun it is to hit someone once every 1/15th of a second!

#24 User is offline   NAM 

• future property of the USMC
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NAM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

I have both. I prefer the e-grip but the response trigger is legal on more feilds. THe e-grip is faster depending on th eboard you get. The e-grip has more modes and is easier to use because the response trigger is very picky on were you hold the trigger. If you know the response trigger well enough you can get it to fire a single burst or go full auto with it while still being able to use semi and not change a thing. You have to keep the resonsoe tuned because the screw that controls the air flow starts to back out on you when you've been firing a lot do to the vibrations. When your air gets low the response starts to lose preformance and stops all together but the same thing happens when the battery gets low on an e-grip. My battery life is about 10,000 shots. I prefer the e-grip but if you can overcome the responses problems it is a great upgrade and it is better in harsh weather.
"Future property of the U.S.M.C.''
"92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.''
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
98% of teenagers have tried pot. If your the 2% who havent, put this in your sig.

#25 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

7 month old necro.... please don't do that again, thanks. The Topic creator long ago made his choice.

Closed -

Lego

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users