• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

spec ops brigade, old site Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dozer 

• Advanced Recon Command Soldiers
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

Ive been a member since 2006, and I roused my interest in paintball again. I return to the spec ops site and there is no store and no brigade. What is going on? can someone update me on all this...?

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

The Timeline of WTF?!?!

Summer 2007 - Elite Weekend is held. Massive success.
Fall 2007 - Financial issues arise forcing the need for layoffs at Special Ops

Issues arise with hard goods manufacturing quality and finding better, less expensive suppliers. Custom Hard goods division is cut. Shortly after similar problems arise with soft goods.
Brian "MOATI" Russel becomes sole owner and moves company from Utah to NY. Special Ops doesn't own the software to the Brigade and if disappears.

Special Ops mergers with another company and enjoys a brief second grasp at life.

Difference in opinion between MOATI and the new company result in MOATI leaving.

New company lets everything but the forum die.....
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

You missed the last step:

Forum breaks free of company ownership...
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#4 User is offline   Dozer 

• Pip

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

appreciate it, what a shame. they had a great thing going for paintball.

#5 User is offline   nohum 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostDozer, on 27 November 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

A shame indeed. I just got a new job that has allowed me to get back into paintball. Now this site and store are gone and opsgear has significantly scaled back their paintball offerings. anyone know where else to go for woodsball?

#6 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

View Postnohum, on 29 November 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

View PostDozer, on 27 November 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

A shame indeed. I just got a new job that has allowed me to get back into paintball. Now this site and store are gone and opsgear has significantly scaled back their paintball offerings. anyone know where else to go for woodsball?

I've placed my faith in Ansgear.com to reestablish my bond to paintball. They've yet to disappoint me.
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#7 User is offline   Major Paint 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Major Paint

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

Yes it is such a shame, very unfortunate for all woodsball/scenario players around the globe. Spec Ops always offered top notch quality in all their softgoods and custom hardgoods. I too recently got a job that finally allows me to play and a purchase gear like I've always wanted to. Now that I'm really into it again It sucks that Special Ops products are no longer around. Though I still sport my SpecOps Brigade member patch, always will if nothing else to show how far back I've been playing. My vest, holster and all the gear I wear is all SpecOps, Jersey, Pants, everything. I even have the under armor shirts and mask cover. I like the SO Digi pattern a lot but I also have an entire SpecOps ACU digi setup complete with a vest and all. Also I have SpecOps gun mods on my Tippmann A-5 as well. Opsgear is another company that faded away but I have found that RAP4 and Rockstar Tactical can still provide me with almost any Woodsball/Scenario gear that I need, so there is still hope for us.

Spec Ops Paintball forever! And to all those original Brigade Members still out there playing, keep'on keep'n it real.

This post has been edited by Major Paint: 07 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

#8 User is offline   SlamSlayer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

Spec Ops was where I used to get ALL of my gear. That said, after they died (well before they died completely, after they went down hill), I started looking for a new soft goods supplier. I found it in BT, Battle Tested Paintball (The yang to Tippmanns ying). They actually have a really good soft goods line, excellent even. They just came out with brand new 2013 gear set which replaced some of the stuff I liked though. If you can find their 2011 gear and before, they had a BT Digi camo that was very similar to CADPAD or basically a nice woodland digi (very green). The PRO pants were AMAZING. They had built in knee hard shell knee pads, ventilation on the sides you can zip open and closed for the weather needs, tons of pockets and specialty pockets (like long narrow squeegie ones). They're new stuff is really nice too, but I can see they're trying hard to copy actual military gear rather than paintball specific gear. Take a look.

#9 User is offline   ShadoAngel 

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:SHADOANGEL

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

Yeah, SpecialOps was never really profitable. It was started by a multi-millionaire because there were no good woodsball companies or gear. I absolutely love their products and I still use them when I play paintball (maybe once a year.) I really loved the community the company tried to build. It's a testament that the community lived on long after the company was sold and re-sold.

The recession hit this sport hard. Paintball is expensive and hardly mainstream. I imagine there will be a renewal if the economy ever picks up and all of us that played woodsball as kids will want to get back into it. I keep thinking about selling off my gear (and like most players, I somehow have way more stuff that I ever could use) but every time something stops me.

Anyways, these days there are a lot more options when it comes to woods-oriented gear. Many people got over the milsim thing and figured out that a lot of speedball markers slung paint in the woods just fine and those marker manufacturers started making subdued or camouflaged paint options. And several other manufacturers popped up as Tippmann competitors for those who enjoyed the more milsim aspect of it.

Is OK D-Day still huge? I should go back out there again. Haven't been since '07 I think.
ShadoAngel | My BST Feedback Thread

#10 User is offline   Crenchy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Crenchy

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

Man I am in the same boat. Basically watched a few Youtube vids and oh how I miss Paintball! Came back to SpecOps to see how they where doing and wow. This is probably the first time I've logged in in almost a couple years. Here is to 2014 and hopefully getting back in the woods!

#11 User is offline   joepain 

• NEXT GAME:...??????
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:702Recon~LasVegas Player's Assc

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

them times are a changin.....looking forward to seeing someone set up a program that would get us all back on track...

#12 User is offline   Dozer 

• Pip

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

idk if my first post went through.

so im glad im not the only one whos hurt over the fact that the brigade is gone, wish they would revive it someway. anyway @ Major Paint I have the broadsword or sabre vest, I forget and a spec ops pod that feels unbreakable. I wear my sabre patch as well, gotta keep that brigade alive somehow.

#13 User is offline   Zero 

• Reaper
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spartans

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:22 AM

View PostDozer, on 26 November 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Ive been a member since 2006, and I roused my interest in paintball again. I return to the spec ops site and there is no store and no brigade. What is going on? can someone update me on all this...?

I know, I miss the old brigade page, I was working on getting my brigade team bigger and the page closed.
Death from above is a sniper on the roof.

#14 User is offline   chmychmybangbang 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:chmychmybangbang

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

I first got on here when I was 11, 7 long years ago. paintball has changed but im so glad it survived the recession. I used to think spec ops was life. I breathed a-5. Now I use a dm8. Rec play is coming back and the scenario scene is surviving and starting to thrive in the south east again. plus we have had the uwl and living legends pick up the woodsball and scenario scene. Paintball is coming back to the woods. I wish this company was still here to see it.

#15 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:///Animal Mother///

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

Been gone quite awhile. Things look pretty sad around here :-(

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic