• This topic is locked

Questions about Spyder Xtra 07 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   RC-1013 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:RC-1013

Post icon  Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:16 PM

I was wandering if anybody had the Xtra 07 and if so, how good of a marker is it? A paintball dealer told me that they chopped balls like crazy but I don't know if it's true. Speedy replies would be greatly appreciated as Christmas is approaching quickly! Thanks!
And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear its weight together. Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all.

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:20 PM

It's a basic spyder with the new bolt. I forget if there's o-rings on the bolt. (o-rings help air efficiency.)

I never fired one- sorry - but I will check on the o-rings tomorrow if I remember. I can't see why it would chop like crazy if you aren't trying to fire more than 4 bps.

#3 User is offline   Kingman Tech 

• Kingman Tech
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:25 PM

I've owned plenty and plenty of spyders and I'm sure the 07 is not much different. I've owned an older xtra and it shot great. Just get a new barrel and you're set. If you can afford it, I'd get a pilot ACS because its electro unlike the xtra. But its solely up to you which you want. I prefer mech...and you may too.

-KT
Pump user #121
Spyder user #97

Feedback +1/-0

#4 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:40 PM

I have an old Spyder Xtra and it's an ok gun. It isn't very air efficient, but it is somewhat reliable.

This post has been edited by commander mike: 20 November 2007 - 06:41 PM

Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#5 User is offline   RC-1013 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:RC-1013

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for the help! If anybody else has an opinion on the Xtra 07 please feel free to add them! The dealer I was talking about said that the new line of spyders all have a common production flaw that causes balls to chop constantly. Hey Kingman Tech, do know anything about this? Thanks!
And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear its weight together. Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all.

#6 User is offline   kubihibi 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kubihibi

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:24 PM

View PostRC-1013, on Nov 20 2007, 09:36 PM, said:

Thanks for the help! If anybody else has an opinion on the Xtra 07 please feel free to add them! The dealer I was talking about said that the new line of spyders all have a common production flaw that causes balls to chop constantly. Hey Kingman Tech, do know anything about this? Thanks!

Your dealer is full of beans. Or something you can't say in a PG 13 movie.

#7 User is offline   Kingman Tech 

• Kingman Tech
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:46 PM

View PostRC-1013, on Nov 20 2007, 10:36 PM, said:

I have yet to use or see anything on the 07 spyders. I have good knowledge on mr,vs series but I assumed the 07's were just remodeled to look nicer.

-KT
Pump user #121
Spyder user #97

Feedback +1/-0

#8 User is offline   UMP 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FORD.

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:50 PM

View PostKingman Tech, on Nov 20 2007, 08:46 PM, said:

View PostRC-1013, on Nov 20 2007, 10:36 PM, said:

I have yet to use or see anything on the 07 spyders. I have good knowledge on mr,vs series but I assumed the 07's were just remodeled to look nicer.

-KT

i had an older extra and it was an ok gun and if your worryed about choping then just get a hopper that can keep up (shouldnt be hard) its the same gun as any other spider just diff milling.

I Love Autumn (GF)

Guns i have had...05 Ego__Pink Ion Pro__Blue Krusher__Black Magic__03 Prostock__Trillogy Pro__Tippmann A-5__Spyder TLR__Promaster__DM5__

Welcom to my party !!! <--- Click me

#9 User is offline   Kingman Tech 

• Kingman Tech
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:57 AM

Ya, thats what I thought. All spyders, with the exception of the VS series, are pretty much the same. Operate at ~800psi, its a STBB same ol' same ol'. So I would get it if you like mechs.

-KT
Pump user #121
Spyder user #97

Feedback +1/-0

#10 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:04 PM

A good friend of mine has an older Xtra w/ a 12" 32 Degrees Ice Cold Barrel and a plan old vl200 200rd gravity hopper. It's nothing special. Although it's fairly accurate, more than likely due to the barrel, it chops easily, due to the gravity hopper I'm sure. He still likes it a lot and although I've told him to get a different marker, cause it's a piece IMO, he refuses. Well, he has said he thinks he'd perfer a Cocker, automag, or some other overly priced marker. Yes I've shot it and while it's an alright marker, I just didn't like it. Perhaps the new ones are better, I don't know. If you go for it, be sure to buy a different barrel and a hopper that can feed as fast as you can fire, then it may be a good little marker. If properly cared for.

#11 User is offline   Kingman Tech 

• Kingman Tech
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:06 PM

Hopper speed can cause chopping. As long as you have good paint and a fast enough hopper, there should be no chopping.

-KT

This post has been edited by Kingman Tech: 22 November 2007 - 02:06 PM

Pump user #121
Spyder user #97

Feedback +1/-0

#12 User is offline   zer0b0y 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:17 AM

dude's right. your dealer is crazy. ive had an 07 since april and havent chopped a ball yet. and that's with cheap paint and a stock hopper.

#13 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:44 AM

Major Necro. Wow, this thread is over 8 months old. I am pretty sure his problem was solved by christmas. Please look at thte dates of threads you are posting in.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users