• You cannot reply to this topic

Duracoat jobs gallery/portfolio Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#1 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:08 AM

Here's a couple of my past duracoat jobs for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

Bob Long, J&J Ceramic eight piece barrel kit, Empire loader. It has a medium grey/dust gold basecoat overlaid with woodland brown/green scales. I did the red "claw rip marks" both before and after the snakeskin layer, which lends a "bleed" effect. :grin:

Posted Image

Ion XE chassis
Qloader (custom mounted, ultra low rise feed neck with elbow, matching 500 round system, milled feed tube guard)
Modified body (milled for screw access, carved synthetic ivory dorsal spikes)
Deadlywind Fibur 16" barrel
Carved synthetic ivory "snatch" fang
I call this one a "Dragonskin". job Gold base, green, lizard, black scales, matte clearcoat

Posted Image

Posted Image

My personal 98c, one of my first pieces with duracoat. I did a 30.06 rifle in the same pattern which turned out a little better due to more working surface and more experience with the masking material. This is using a heavy mesh material over a light base color to give a "snakeskin" effect. I added the Qloader and stock later, and tried a tigerstripe pattern.

Posted Image

UPDATED:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Here she is redone with four matching Qpods.

She was overdue for a paintjob. The first one had been worn hard the first couple days after application, before it had a chance to fully cure so it had more wear than I like, and I'd added to it enough that it was a frankenstein pattern. My first impression was it was too light, but this is really growing on me. As you can see, it blends well enough, but completely obliterates any outline of the marker. The dark snakeskin on light tan background gives the illusion of filtered light through leaves and provides a very effective micropattern to offset the tigerstripe macropattern.

Base 98c chassis, internals polished and silenced, internally ported receiver, LPK with titanium hammer, maddman springs, milled receiver and rear sight, double trigger, SAW stock, RCII, palmer inline stab on remote, BT riser, red dot, J&J 14", custom mounted Qloader system.
It's a keeper.

Full tigerstripe MR1. This one was a lot of fun to do, and I think it turned out well. Looking back, I'd have preferred less uniformity and smaller stripes, resulting in better micropattern. Overall it's very professional looking and breaks up the outline superbly. The owner had filled the stock gap, and I applied the pattern over it.

Posted Image

Spyder Pilot ACS. The owner wanted something that would make the marker usable in the woods, covering the bright glow red anodize fade. Simple spray decrease. I also matched the olive drab to his mask. Pretty cool, but the fade actually wears off because the duracoat simply doesn't have any of itself to stick to.

Posted Image

Tippmann A5. I really, really like the look of this. The original A5 finish texture is kinda rough, which gives the duracoat loads of little grooves to "hide" in. Very simple one color paintjob (custom mixed olive drab), with all hardware in it's original black. This breaks up the outline by itself and lends quite a bit of versatility, but doesn't provide any macropattern. Nice military look. I think it would have been cool to leave the faux birdcage flashhider in black.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My most recent job. MR2 with a tigerstripe/snakeskin hybrid.
Here she is, parts just setting next to one another. This is pre-snakeskin layer, all non-final masking removed. I actually like the way this looks, but I can do better. No quitting just yet.
Posted Image

Final finish and assembly shot, left and right profile with all five Qpods. The left profile shows the Qpod's obligatory view stripe, while the mounting socket's view window is apparent from the right. Yes, it's supposed to be jagged. You'll notice I also left the Spyder logo on the red dot and the serial number under the feed elbow masked and unpainted ("Officer, someone stole my Snakeskin Tigerstripe Spider! Here's the serial number...").
The pictures don't do it justice. She looks like a ghost, and it has a depth most patterns don't. It's difficult for the eye to focus properly on her. You can see the "underbelly effect" on both pics, but the snakeskin makes it more subtle. I also used a jagged line on the snakeskin layer, which obscuring it further.
The color palette came out more green/grey than I the tan/brown was shooting for, but it works well. Arid MARPAT boonie for comparison. It's more "desert" than the woodland pattern, but not so bad it stands out next to either. Frankly, she probably matches the ACUPAT best, but it's dark enough to actually be an effective pattern. It should perform superbly in woodland, arid, and urban environments (gotta do urban paintball sometime). The micropattern from the netting mask serves the same function as digi breakup, but more organically and is more ideal for paintball engagement range than MARPAT (60-100m). I'd like to figure out how to make those black tigerstripes more apparent too, but a lack of hard edges is a hard thing to balance that with.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Spyder Pilot ACS. This one has about the same style as the second 98c above...light base with bold one shade tigerstripes. I decided to accent it with tan/grey spotting, instead of my previous dark green or brown accent. Gave it a slight lean toward the desert urban style. She'll look just as good in the woods or a speedball field though.
Posted Image

Posted Image

No, I'm not doing this for hire right now. You'll see something like this post in the buy/sell/trade forum if I do. Right now, I just don't have the time to do this as more than a hobby.

This post has been edited by Slivers: 23 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#2 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

Woah man, those are some sweet stuff. Great job

#3 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

freaking nice work even if i can only see the mr2
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#4 User is offline   drummerdude1234 

• "dude call PETA!"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Drummerdude1234

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:14 AM

those are really good!

you need to start a business or something.-drummer

Broadsword # 3 I like Moes!!!! Check Out My Band-Here!
if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig! Drummers secret plan "Speical" member #11 Are you in a band?

#5 User is offline   theking06 

• It's Time to Prey
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:theking06

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:27 AM

The MR2 turned out pretty good. I just wished you did it in marpat colors(but it should be great in urban and desert style).
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

#6 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:36 AM

The goal was basically a "greener" desert MARPAT. For those not in the know, the owner uses desert MARPAT, and usually plays in woodland. Kinda different, but it works. The marker had to not stand out against his uniform, yet blend a little better in the woods.
Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#7 User is offline   wnc98sniper 

• Woodsball Freak!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:wnc98sniper

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:20 PM

great job on all of them!!
Invisible Souls...... Leave Visible Splats!!

AirH0g's Hogs Den
Underground Mod Shop My Feedback Ebay Feedback

#8 User is offline   Gobo Fongo 

• Master of Awesome
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gobo Fongo

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:57 PM

I honestly didn't realize there was a scope in that first picture :dodgy:

the first 98 is amazing, the snake skin pattern on the gun/barrel is awesome and blends in extremely well.

"On the other hand, I WILL buy a Viking, and every time I shoot it I will be symbolically sticking it to Smart Parts."
Me Feedback ALL MY STUFF FOR SALE Multicam Headwrap Sale

#9 User is offline   hunter6999999999999999 

• Don't be jealous of me because I have more posts than you
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:hunter69

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:56 PM

You my friend have a gift ;)

That tiger stripe/ snake combo is sick!

#10 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:18 PM

awesome job. I love the a-5
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#11 User is offline   06shocker&ion 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:06shocker&ion

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:21 PM

WOW :aah: . Normally I'd dislike em' since they are spyders but the paint job makes them look alot better, almost as if they aren't spyders. Although i still dislike them, i love your tippmanns though! I like the paint, it is original and blends in well.

:ghillie:

This post has been edited by 06shocker&ion: 31 July 2007 - 04:21 PM

#12 User is offline   rambo16 

• Midnight Raider
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rambo691

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:24 PM

Really nice.

#13 User is offline   paintslinger99 

• ITS NOT AN ION!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:paintslinger99

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:43 PM

DUDE that mr2 is nice. you have mad skillz

#14 User is offline   applesauce 

• marksmen #17
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:1apple3

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:16 PM

how do u do those patterns like that ?

#15 User is offline   Not_You 

• Lather, Rinse, Repeat as Desired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98customizer

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:07 PM

I really love that snakeskin one
Group: Banned #2
Pirate - "Seriously, I hope you hit this kid over the head with something very, very heavy. Like a truck."

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users