• Group: Banned
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:16 PM

View Postt_boneshacone, on Jul 17 2008, 07:57 PM, said:

:P

View PostEPIC Sword, on Jul 17 2008, 01:41 PM, said:

View Postt_boneshacone, on Jul 17 2008, 01:11 AM, said:

thats how mine is but it doesnt have glass packs, idk what mine is really they had it at a local shop for 100 installed so i told them to throw it on and it sounds great not to loud but still loud enough to tell it made a difference

have u done anything else like cut the cat converter off or straight pipe it?

i wouldnt mind cutting the cat off but idk if its actually legal to do that

what year is it?
TACO BELLER #4
Group banned: # 7
"he survived fie shots to the face and one to the stomach, give this guy a klondike bar!"~ the eggman

#77 User is offline   EPIC Sword 

• PipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

my PERTURBED off weed eater
Attached File  07_17_08_2019.jpg (41.12K)
Number of downloads: 3

This post has been edited by EPIC Sword: 17 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

TACO BELLER #4
"he survived fie shots to the face and one to the stomach, give this guy a klondike bar!"~ the eggman

#78 User is offline   t_boneshacone 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:t-bone

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

[
[/quote]
what year is it?
[/quote]

its a 98
Thats like walking into a room and saying 'Chocolate Cake' and then walking out...nobody knows what you mean.
-Tenacious

I bet my gun-whore (nah- not a gun whore yet- more of a gun-skank. or whatever comes before whore... Catholic Schoolgirl? :P) senses will kick in and then I'll end up with something else...
-thisissparta

#79 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:15 AM

T-Bone, I believe it is required in all states to have a cat to clean up emissions. The newer ones don't cost you as much power as the older ones did, not sure how "old" that might have been but you can always get a newer one if you think its robbing you of too much power.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#80 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:34 AM

View PostxxSniperxx, on Jul 17 2008, 05:27 PM, said:

4x4 trucks > Ricers/Tuners
American Muscle > Ricers/Tuners
Ricers/Tuners = Barbie Jeep Powerwheels

My apologies. I shouldnt have bothered posting. I guess I'm just old fashioned because I cant stand the sound of a tuner "gettin' on it". They seriously sound like a Pee'd off bumblebee.

I hereby present you with the UNINTELLIGENT DONKEY of the day award.

American Muscle > Ricers

That's true, but American Muscle is NOT better than imports. I'd really like to see someone with a Mustang GT or Dodge Charger try to beat a Subi WRX STi, Nissan 350Z, or Mitsubishi Evo X at the race track. Oh, and a correctly built import sounds just as good as an American V8. I hate you UNINTELLIGENT DONKEYes that assume that anything from Japan is a FWD 4 cylinder. And speaking of that, what's wrong with FWD 4-cylinders? Volkswagen Golf GTis and Honda Civic Type Rs are FWD 4-cylinders and will outperform just about any American car in the same price range at the autocross or at a tight track.

American cars are great for torque and drag racing, but they can't match the all-around performance of Japanese or European cars.

#81 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

My apologies. I shouldnt have bothered posting. I guess I'm just old fashioned because I cant stand the sound of a tuner "gettin' on it". They seriously sound like a Pee'd off bumblebee.

Congrats again. Obviously you didn't get it the first time. You don't like Ricer don't post. That includes editing your original post with more stupid comments.

Time for a vacation.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#82 User is offline   EPIC Sword 

• PipPip

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

nope you cannot cut it off i dont know about your state but here in NC the car has to be 96 or older to have the cat converter LEGALLY cut off also that dirtbike of mine is about to be sold and you know what im buying with the money? im gonna get a '96 honda civic hatchback why? because i know hat im going to do with it im replacing theengine and completely rebuilding it no im not going to put a body kit on it

This post has been edited by EPIC Sword: 19 July 2008 - 01:43 PM

TACO BELLER #4

#83 User is offline   Shortness 

• sold my soul for rock 'n' roll
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:the Burg of Clays, in the forest of William Penn. or Clayburg PA, whichever works
  • Brigade Name:SHORTNESS

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:47 PM

View PostPhilipp122, on Jul 19 2008, 08:34 AM, said:

I hereby present you with the UNINTELLIGENT DONKEY of the day award.

American Muscle > Ricers

That's true, but American Muscle is NOT better than imports. I'd really like to see someone with a Mustang GT or Dodge Charger try to beat a Subi WRX STi, Nissan 350Z, or Mitsubishi Evo X at the race track. Oh, and a correctly built import sounds just as good as an American V8. I hate you UNINTELLIGENT DONKEYes that assume that anything from Japan is a FWD 4 cylinder. And speaking of that, what's wrong with FWD 4-cylinders? Volkswagen Golf GTis and Honda Civic Type Rs are FWD 4-cylinders and will outperform just about any American car in the same price range at the autocross or at a tight track.

American cars are great for torque and drag racing, but they can't match the all-around performance of Japanese or European cars.

boy there is blanket statement for ya... unless you were referring to muscle cars thats a very clueless statement. for instance look at the Corvette Z06. you cant argue with Porche squishing (not all porches obviously, but any withing 30 grand of the Z06s price) times around the nurburgring.

and what is the problem with FWD 4 cylinders? 4 cylinders are great, a good one will revv and revv until the valves pop out and dance on the bonet as top gear put it. what about FWD, whats wrong with that? well is very simple, the power is going to the wrong wheels. asking those 2 front tires to brake, steer, grip, and put down all the power puts an inherent limit on handling and performance, usually in the form of numbed steering, oversteer, and torque steer. sure there are alot of things you can do to combat this effect, but ultimately any FWD car would be made alot better if it were RWD or AWD. ive seen it first hand, accually. ive driven VW GTis (one was chipped with a borla exhaust), and i own an Audi TT Quattro. under the skin they are essentially the same car, with the same suspention and engine, and similar weight. but the handling in the TT is lightyears better

so in conclusion, Audi>everything ;)
Can YOU stand straight up behind a pillow and not get shot? Didnt think so. Being short ftw!

#84 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

^I'm talking about American cars that compete with imports.

Besides that, GM rented out the "Ring to run the 7:43 (a.k.a. no traffic) and the Z06 still couldn't get close to the GT2's time. And don't associte price soley with performance. When you pay for a Porsche, it doesn't all go into the research and development department. It goes into the car's quality, including build quality, ride quality, luxury, and material. It's kind of like when you pay $25,000 for a Ducati even though it's not much faster than a $10,000 Japanese streetbike. The Z06 is a Chevy. It has the same plastic interior and poor ride quality that you would expect from a Chevrolet. You don't find that on a Porsche. If the Z06 was as well-built and luxurius as a GT2 andonly cost 1/2 as much, you wouldn't see all of the higher-class people driving Porsches. The Z06 is the best performance available for the money hands down, but it's not nearly the car that the Porsche is. It's not always about statistics and numerical figures.

EDIT: While we're on the subject, don't you think it's funny that the 3,800 lb. 480 horsepower GTR ran in only 3 seconds behind the 3,300 lb. 638 horsepower ZR1? We all know that the ZR1 will obliterate the GTR in any kind of straight line racing. I'm just pointing out how important the handling and ride characteristics really are.

This post has been edited by Philipp122: 20 July 2008 - 09:45 PM

#85 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:45 AM

H.E.A.R.T
Honda Enthusiast Against Ricer Trash
Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

#86 User is offline   little_ben 

• Cowards die many times before their death
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:little_ben

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:49 PM

i dont mind imports, but i dont like to see cars with the wing off a 747 on the trunk. and they might be quick but you just cant get alot of torque from a 4 banger. id rather dirve an american v8 than a 4banger anyday.

#87 User is offline   little_ben 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

saw this and had to post it,

Posted Image

#88 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:35 AM

View Postlittle_ben, on Aug 4 2008, 10:16 PM, said:

saw this and had to post it,

Posted Image

wootzors for fox bodies!
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#89 User is offline   little_ben 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:11 AM

you know thats not a fox body right???

#90 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

View Postlittle_ben, on Aug 5 2008, 11:11 AM, said:

you know thats not a fox body right???

poo, my bad. looks like a 99 or so, im used to see huge cowls only on foxes D:

plus i only scrolled past it and the angle made it look boxy like a fox
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users