Special Ops Paintball: V Force Vantage Vs V Force Vantage Pro - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

V Force Vantage Vs V Force Vantage Pro Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Renquist 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:33 PM

What's the difference other than the price? My mate needs an affordable mask and I hear great things about the Vantage.

#2 User is offline   Renquist 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:25 PM

Anyone?

#3 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:56 PM

Actually often times the Pro Vantage is sold for $1 cheaper. It depends on where ya look.

They're essentially the same mask. The Pro-Vantage I believe has a foam lining where as the plain Vantage uses rubbery-plastic. The rubber is good for those who are allergic to the foams or those who just do not like like sweat. It can get uncomfortable after awhile and it leaves a visible ring around your eyes. Its usually used on field rental masks. There was also a phase where VForce was using a neoprene material on their Rental masks. The neoprene is comfortable at first, but slips like crazy once it gets sweaty. I do not believe that they use it anymore, but check the product description before you buy.

They're not bad masks for the price, but I personally don't really like them. They're a bit on the small side, lower jaw and neck protection are pretty minimal. That's understandable, some people prefer the smaller profile. The biggest downside is that the mask does not offer full peripheral vision. It uses the same lens as the Armor masks. It's thermal cured, but not a true dual-pane thermal lens so be careful of that. There's a rigid piece that follows the cheek-bone area which pretty much eliminates most chances of paint bouncing. However, the rubbery bottom section still improves comfort.

Overall I think it would be a better investment to spend an extra $5 and go with a VForce Sheild. You get a much nicer lens which is what matters most. They also tend to ventilate better. In the same price range you can get JT Spectras which I also prefer over Vantages. Either of those are as good as a top-shelf mask, they just cut out the frills.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#4 User is offline   Renquist 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:21 AM

I found that the Vantage is non thermal and the Pro is. The Field has the rubber lining which is supposedly rubbish.

#5 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:05 AM

I would be surprised if it was a true thermal lens, VForce only produces single pane lenses. They may call them thermal, but its a Anti-fog coating or "Thermal Cured" lens. I believe all of their lenses get the same treatment.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#6 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

That's true. They are not true thermal. But never the less, v force thermo curing is amazing.

They are decent masks. I would go with the pro, for all the reasons you have already figured out.

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users