Special Ops Paintball: Knight Hawk Coalition - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Knight Hawk Coalition Long Island Based Team Seeks More Members Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Blackout007 

• Cpt Blackout
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Blackout007

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:31 AM

Main Post in Thread Updated 9/28/2010

Overview:

The Knight Hawk Coalition is a mature team based on Mil-Sim tactics taken from the Ranger Handbook, other military resources, and speedball maneuvers in which we practice almost weekly on Saturdays. We practice by running drills and teach new and experienced players alike to work as a unit AND as a solo player by utilizing all available paintball tactics and lessons.

Proudly sponsored by Cousins Paintball, our base of operations is the Coram field on Long Island. We are a team currenly of 15 members who play regularly and are in constant communication with one another via facebook/phone/text message. We've been a team since 2005 and make Big Game and other major events every year. We are Mil-Sim but do play other types of paintball such as speedball, scenario, and woodsball. Most of us are more at home playing in the woods or on a speedball court.

Recent Event attended: Vet Dogs 2010 in August - Coram Field
Next Roster Event: Cousins Paintball Dark Ops Extreme VI on November 21st. In Manchester, NJ
*Short Notice, we may appear at the Cousins New Windsor field this weekend (Oct 2,3rd) for the 24 hour game, still pending on our attendance to this event.

Teams Objective:

To train players military tactics, formations, terrain, cover and cammo, leadership, and team unity. We believe that a unified team is a strong team out there in the woods and is therefore a successful team. We also feel the more you know about all aspects of paintball, the better player you will be for yourself AND for the team.

Team Equipment:

We use IASUS 4W UHF DUAL COMM PROFESSIONAL TWO-WAY RADIOs between key team leaders during scenario play, some with throat mic, others without. We all use assorted markers, from Bob Longs, Droids, BT-15's, BT 7's, Mil-Sig, Invert Mini's, etc (we use everything)

Recruitment:

The Minimum recruitment age for our team is that you must be at least 18 years old and have your own equipment. If you like the show "special ops mission" on the military channel then you"ll have a good understanding how our team operates. If you are interested in joining we do have a 2 month probation before being added to our official roster, because we believe that is ample time to get to know you. Too often people want to join a team to get benefits and not participate themselves, we are very much into TEAM activities to keep it close knit, if this is what your looking for, drop us a line here, but I'd prefer a phone call or text message over anything else.

Current Projects:

-Team Recruitment (obviously)
-Review of employable tactics (on going)
-Re-do some of the fields on Cousins property in coram with a more military feel. (currently pending due to recent weather and time constraints)

Closing Statement:

We are an organized team looking to have fun, yet having a chain of command making the mil sim experiance more fun and have a purpose and role in paintball.

Contact Us:
Website: New website being made, we've changed web guys 4 times due to empty promises.
E-mail: KnightHawkCoalition@yahoo.com
Phone: 631-793-1362 call or text if interested in joining or trainning!

Good Hunting Folks.

This post has been edited by Blackout007: 27 September 2010 - 10:34 PM

Join The Knight Hawk Coalition

#2 User is offline   Waldo 

• DPT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BES-Waldo

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:34 AM

What othear game do you guys play besides Big Game .
Looking forward to meeting your team

#3 User is offline   Blackout007 

• Cpt Blackout
  • PipPip

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:44 AM

View PostWaldo, on Nov 26 2008, 09:34 AM, said:

What othear game do you guys play besides Big Game .
Looking forward to meeting your team

Some of our guys went to Castle Conquest this year, we try to make both every year. We also like to play Dark Ops however we haven't gone to one in awhile. We like to play privatly aswel in woods around long island against other small teams and joint practice sessions. We have ambitions to become more active in the paintball community and events as our recruitment drive continues. We were just a private team until recently.

We will be at Cousins Field in Coram this saturday the 29th to meet a new member and train two others on how the buddy team works aswel as proper fire team operations.

BTW update on our gear, we've tested Midland radio model# LXT340VP3 20-mile two way radios and the midland AVPH5 behind head headsets. They worked well in our testing today, however saturdays game will be the final field test before we order them for the rest of the team. Cost was about $66 on amazon.com The headsets are BOOM mics with PTT. The free shipping from amazon was pretty sweet too. Thats two radios with recharge stand and batteries included and two headsets for $66 bucks for quality stuff, I'm impressed personally...

I like to give updates on gear we use to help those save time and money looking for somthing similar for themselves or their teams.

#4 User is offline   Blackout007 

• Cpt Blackout
  • PipPip

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

Knight Hawk Coalition Practice this Saturday the 13th of December At 8 AM in Sayville, NY. Meetup spot is the Flea Market parking lot off of Sunrise HWY exit 50. We will be going over drills, team work, and communications. Bring your pre-filled air and some paint.

Practice Rundown:

1) Hand Signal Break Down
2) Radio Communications Review
3) Formations Overview and drill running
4) Target aquisition drills: Details on Maximum range, Effective Range, and Optimal Range.
5) Cover and concealment, difference between.

Other schools of Knight Hawk Coalition Trainning will be held in the comming weeks.

If anyone on Long Island is interested in joining us this week to get a taste of the mil sim experiance, your welcome to join, please contact me first before attending please at 631-793-1362, leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, what county and town you live in.

Hope to see you out there!

- Cpt Blackout

#5 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:58 PM

On a side note, your name is hilarious. Sounds like a bad Sunday morning cartoon.

'Knight Hawk Coalition, assemble!'

Better then the usual special ops wannabe names, though...

#6 User is offline   Blackout007 

• Cpt Blackout
  • PipPip

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Dec 8 2008, 10:58 PM, said:

On a side note, your name is hilarious. Sounds like a bad Sunday morning cartoon.

'Knight Hawk Coalition, assemble!'

Better then the usual special ops wannabe names, though...

Thats a good line, we'll have to use that :) But in all seriousness we love mil-sim and enjoy employing military tactics, who knows eople might learn somthing :rolleyes:

#7 User is offline   PC Veteran 

• Rattan Magnet
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Northeast Brigade

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

To bad you guys are out in NY. To far away for me. I like the idea of your team.
THUG!

#8 User is offline   Blackout007 

• Cpt Blackout
  • PipPip

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

View PostPC Veteran, on Dec 9 2008, 10:54 PM, said:

To bad you guys are out in NY. To far away for me. I like the idea of your team.

Thank you pc, if you have any questions about our team I'd be glad to answer them. Once we're done with our team guidebook to mil-sim (including our schools) we'll make a copy to post here. It's been a fun project thus far merging military and paintball into one staggeringly effective killer :(

We're continuing our recruitment drive for solid members in the Long Island area because of local ability to attend practice often. Like any TEAM sport; baseball, football, etc durring a practice, players run drills to succeed, we run our team as such making "plays" that become second nature and a reflex with the knowledge shared. We hope it will improve player performance and make quick choices on the field based upon situational awareness.

Running a drill in formation over and over again based on a particular situation will allow multiple fire teams to mobilize quicker, making the engagement shorter and higher chance of success. Knowing is half the battle......to coin a phrase... :laugh:

#9 User is offline   Blackout007 

• Cpt Blackout
  • PipPip

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:44 AM

Knight Hawk Coalition Practice this Saturday the 27th of December At 8 AM in Sayville, NY. Meetup spot is the Flea Market parking lot off of Sunrise HWY exit 50. We will be going over last practices drills, continue our team work and buddy system trainning, and more detailed communications. Bring your pre-filled air and some paint.

Practice Rundown:

1) Review of SOP (Standard Operating Proceedures)
2) Review of Formations
3) Advanced Marksmanship trainning for those who have qualified
4) Bounding
5) Buddy system Team practice and Skirmish 2v2v2v2v2v2 with different starting locations.
6) Review of the diffence between chain of command (rank), position, and their resective functions.

Team Status:

1) Website is almost complete
2) Charlie Team needs x1 automatic gunner
3) Bravo Team is complete
4) Alpha Team requires x1 Automatic Gunner
5) Total of x2 players left to be recruited until we close our recruitment

Project Time Frames:

1) Website will be completed by mid januaray
2) Knight Hawk Field Manual will be completed this weekend and distributed the following practice.
3) x2 yr Tank Design and construction. "project striker"
4) Reseach on sponsorships, how it is done.

Gear to purchase:

1) order more team radios with mics off amazon
2) Order field chrono
3) Sheet metal for field exeriment

#10 User is offline   SMCali 

• SMCali
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CALINK

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:54 PM

Whats up... I'm trying to make it this Sat. but I'm not sure cause I have a gig on Sat night so I might be with my band... yeah... or I might be meeting a friend in coram about 1030am... yeah...

#11 User is offline   Blackout007 

• Cpt Blackout
  • PipPip

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

View PostSMCali, on Dec 31 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

Whats up... I'm trying to make it this Sat. but I'm not sure cause I have a gig on Sat night so I might be with my band... yeah... or I might be meeting a friend in coram about 1030am... yeah...

Sup Cali,

No sweat this weekend, practice for the 3rd of januaray has been cancelled, we have a meeting though at night if your able to attend, if not I'll forward the nights' overview. The Knight Hawk Coalitions player handbook has been completed, so we'll be handing those out ASAP. If you want your copy I'll either mail it to you or you can pick it up the following weekend.

#12 User is offline   Blackout007 

• Cpt Blackout
  • PipPip

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

Knight Hawk News:

Knight Hawk Colaition Logo has been finished, aswell as the Achievement Rank logos. We will be submitting them to be made into patches for the team this weekend.

The break down of The Knight Hawk Coalition is done through the use of Position, Rank, Trainning, and experiance.

Positions:

Rifleman - semi auto, more of a marksmen in terms of shooting a paintball gun rather than more suppressive fire or auto/ramp

Automatic Rifleman - Auto/ramp/burst, ability to dump alot of paint in one direction to suppress or lay some serious fire down...we do not have Assistant automatic riflemen.

Sniper/ghost flanker - Your scout, and cloak and dagger dude who likes to sneak around the woods when you need him, usually considered a rifleman but has advanced marksmanship trainning and other specialized trainning.

Team Leader - A leader of a fireteam, usually armed with a weapon that can be either semi/burts/ramp/auto (mutli-purpose weapon or MPW), whatever the situation brings them

Squad Leader - Leader of the squad, Commands the TL's, armed with a MPW.

Ranks are based on hours with the team at practice or at games, also time ON the team contributes aswel. Command hour experiance is earned while in practice and in games if you have been designated a Team Leader. The total break down will be on our website...almost done ::crosses fingers:: Ranks are bascially used for senority purposes and chain of command purposes on the field under fire.

Achievement Ranks are pure skill and experiance. There are four achievement ranks; Knight, Inquisitor, Master Inquisitor, and Paladin. Again requirments will be listed on our website when finished. The only regular Rank based Achievement rank is Knight, requirment is lance cororal.

Awards have been made up however designs are in the works to be completed.

Trainning School outlines and guidelines finished.

#13 User is offline   InfantryMan Wolf 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Operation Beast

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

I think I would be interested in your team is their anything specific you are looking for. my email address is angel07ny07@yahoo.com. nevermind didn't read the 20 yr old cut off point still you guys sound like a great team

This post has been edited by InfantryMan Wolf: 07 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

#14 User is offline   Waldo 

• DPT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BES-Waldo

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:48 AM

Guys one of my team member's charles works with one of yours at target wanna scrimage

#15 User is offline   13th Angel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ghostly Angel

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

Hey all,

Knight Hawks seems like a really well organized and trained coalition, I was wondering if you guys were still accepting members and the general criteria (aside from age/proximity etc) Shoot me an e-mail, it would be much appreciated.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users