• You cannot reply to this topic

The Strange teams No one get anrgy just my opinion Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wraith X 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:JUGGERNAUT

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:03 PM

I sorry but why do speedball teams try to play woods ball with all of thier really bright jerseys and bright markers. It makes no sense to me at all. I believe that woods teams should stick to woodsball and speedball treams should stick to thier paint waste-in games. This is just my opinion its not that I don't like speed ball but to cross them well it doesn't work, thats just me. :laugh:
The ONE the ONLY, Bringer of Death. JUGGERNAUT!!!

#2 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:07 PM

Sorry, but not all speedballers "waste" their paint. What about the ones that happen to play speedball with stock class pumps?

And why doesn't it make sense to wear bright colours in the woods? Sure it's a little easier to hide, but what if that isn't their style? There's no real reason to buy and wear camo in the woods if you're not going to try and hide with it. If they already have speedball clothes, why should they buy a camo set just for woods use? I think that is the part that doesn't make sense.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#3 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:08 PM

Essentially, because speedball teams don't rely on stealth. They rely on aggression.

Let me ask you this: who wins more often when you have woodsballers and speedballers going head to head? It's been my experience that unless the woodsball team was agressive, the speedballers tend to mop up pretty fast.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#4 User is offline   Wraith X 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:10 PM

Good point man I did over look the postion thing and style. The pump players, I have great respect for the guys who step up and play against fully automatic markers.

#5 User is offline   Wraith X 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

Well jackrock it has been my experiance that woodsplayers that step into the woods for the most part get destroyed out there. and the same thing goes for woodsballers that go onto speedball coureses. My team of dudes calls me the tourny player killer.

#6 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:30 PM

Well jackrock it has been my experiance that speedballers that step into the woods for the most part get destroyed

It might be that I'm reding it wrong but did you mean ^that^

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#7 User is offline   fullofpaint 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:fullofpaint

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:51 PM

haha you'll need to come to my fiedl then if you think that. Teh woods and speed players are regularly interchable. I play for a wods team and wear a bright blue hurricanes jersey and haven't had a real black gun since my tippmann. Trigganometry from the Immortals wears all red angel gear I belive.

#8 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

We run around in blue and black and do alright... Camo really doesn't make a HUGE difference. Unless you sit around a lot...

#9 User is offline   Capone5 

• Worlds best Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CAPONE5

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:25 PM

View PostWraith X, on Dec 18 2007, 07:03 PM, said:

I sorry but why do speedball teams try to play woods ball with all of thier really bright jerseys and bright markers. It makes no sense to me at all. I believe that woods teams should stick to woodsball and speedball treams should stick to thier paint waste-in games. This is just my opinion its not that I don't like speed ball but to cross them well it doesn't work, thats just me. :P

Well why do they "try" to play woodsball?
First off its paintball. Also I know of noless than a dozen teams that have started out in the so called woodsball and migrated to the so called speedball field.
Bright Jerseys and guns? Ive never in my oodles of years of paintballing have I been blinded by a bright paintball gun or was able to locate someone due to a bright orange or pink or blue jersey. To tell you the truth I actually find it easier to see all these people that wear the new ACU's and such like that they more or less stick out like a sore thumb.
Also paint waste some scenarios ill use 3-4 case's of paint and some scenarios ill use three hundred paintballs total even if im using a semi.
As for if you were to take a "speedball" and a "woodsball" team put them face to face who would win. More or less the "speedball" team would win mainly as noted in the post above because they are aggresive "woodsball" teams tend to be more laid back and more a defensive force.
It really doesnt matter what paintball team you go against it all comes down to the personal skill of each player.
CDI- Capone Defense Inc. 2010 CLF

#10 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:40 PM

We went out with some speedballers to the woods once and they were wearing bright colors. I thought we were going to mop up. We took most games but not as easy as we thought. We played with the same amount of aggression because we also play speedball.

Side note: My skills in woodsball greatly improved after I started playing speedball. In woodsball, people want to "lone wolf" it so much and it is frustrating. Speedballers are team oriented.
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

#11 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:02 PM

I'm not a speedball player at all. I bought myself pants and a jersey, and a blue/black acid wash phantom...moved away from cammies and the black A5. I think it would be more comfortable to play in a jersey and some pants with built in padding for sliding/nut protection/knees

#12 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:21 PM

View PostWraith X, on Dec 18 2007, 06:14 PM, said:

Well jackrock it has been my experiance that speedball players that step into the woods for the most part get destroyed out there. and the same thing goes for woodsballers that go onto speedball coureses. My team of dudes calls me the tourny player killer.

phew...then the speedballers up there need lots of practice then, it's quite opposite down here in texas, ask anyone at tactical paintball, and they'll tell you straight up, that speedballers, wearing bright colored schemes, like me of team abysmal x, and trail of team delerium, are widely feared across the woodland terrains

any good and great player with a vast wealth of knowledge and experience, can utilize anykind of marker, and any kind of clothes and get away with victory
for one, we attend scenario games the way we are
just because we're wearing our distinguished colors, representing, doesn't mean we'll be "destroyed" because of it
quite frankly, i can take comfort in the fact, thus far, i've nevered been "owned" by any woodsballers, except those like me whom switch back and forth between ,woodsball, speedball, stock class, and xball, for we are experienced in all forms and art of paintball
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#13 User is offline   deltapaintball 

• Josh Foote
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltapaintball

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:28 PM

Posted Image

I have no right to play scenario ball, what was I thinking...

And what makes teams like mine strange?
Coming soon.

#14 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:39 PM

i'm the only scenario/woodsball/speedball player that can account for being strange, no other, that there is a special title =3
Posted Image
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#15 User is offline   blackraven64 

• What more do you want?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackRaven

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:44 PM

DZ I'm sorry but the way you've got that sandana on is killing me :laugh:

One of the main reasons I see woodsball teams getting beat is because they just don't have the fundamentals that a lot of speedballers do. (form, snapshooting, laning, run and gun, etc..)

This post has been edited by blackraven64: 18 December 2007 - 10:46 PM

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users