• You cannot reply to this topic

X7 question high FPS? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   evilkid98 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:evilkid98

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:37 AM

When i first got my X7 i went outside to shoot it in my back yard, and the balls were goin 100+ feet and sometime curving up! It also broke a few balls in the cyclone and barrel. Is my FPS High? Or is it some thing else? (I don't have a flatline nor apex it was a stock barrel) :wacko: did any one else have this problem?
stock class player

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:46 AM

Most Tippmanns seem to shoot hot out of the box. My Pro/Carbine was shooting 420 the first time I fired it. If you haven't adjusted your velocity yet at all that is most likely the case. Sometimes it can be hard to get your velocity low enough when the gun is new as the spring isn't worn in yet. If that is the case, you can either clip a ring off of the rear spring, or just leave the gun cocked for a day or two.

Curving could have been due to a paint that got coated with other broken paint when you broke a ball in the cyclone.

This post has been edited by Piller: 24 February 2008 - 11:46 AM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   gameystar333 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PYROPAINTBALLER

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:28 PM

of it is shooting 100 ft you may need to adjust your velocity and leave it cocked for a day like he said /\ /\ /\

if you are not sure it is shooting this far i would check and be sure befor i did this as it will alter the velocity drasticly
guy "How come you guys didn't arm the bomb"
aimforthetrash "because we all died"
my crowning forum achhivement
Feedback here soon.
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#4 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:10 PM

Do not do what gameystar suggested, because all you would be doing is speeding up the Problem of a Compressed Main Spring, which you will find out some time down the road when your X7's Velocity can only do less than 250 fps, in which you would have to Replace the Original Spring (which can last for a couple of years) for a New Spring.

The correct way to adjust your X7's Velocity or for any Marker, is to invest and use a Handheld Chronograph or the Field's Chronograph.

Handheld Chrono's cost less than $80 Brand New.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users