• You cannot reply to this topic

PGP vs PGP 2k1 I'm quickly becoming a hoarder... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

So, seeing another member's post about looking for a PGP got me looking at them... and wanting to try one out (at least until I get my SS from PPS).

I notice, however, there is a newer version. On the same note, people seem to prefer a lot of the features on the old one better (ie. not plastic, speed changer can let 12 grams fly out because you undo it so fast). I'd probably have a lot easier time with a speed changer and stuff... but it'd be cool to have the old-school one for the challenge.

Anyone with experience? What do you think?

It's my birthday (21) on the 18th, so I figured I could get my little sister to pitch a bit :P though she tells me she's poorer than I am (except she works, so whatever).

If I'dve been more comitted to getting one I would've snagged one of the ones Krazy8 posted - it finished at like $40 -_- I was too worried about shipping, I guess (and wasn't aware what they normally go for).

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 02 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

#2 User is offline   Syphorus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

I can't speak for the 2k1 pgp but I do have the original pgp and I like it a lot. It is a bit hefty but it's very nice in the hands.
I would definately recommend the older one and you can always look for upgrades on palmer.

View Postcdrinkh20, on 02 March 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

So, seeing another member's post about looking for a PGP got me looking at them... and wanting to try one out (at least until I get my SS from PPS).

I notice, however, there is a newer version. On the same note, people seem to prefer a lot of the features on the old one better (ie. not plastic, speed changer can let 12 grams fly out because you undo it so fast). I'd probably have a lot easier time with a speed changer and stuff... but it'd be cool to have the old-school one for the challenge.

Anyone with experience? What do you think?

It's my birthday (21) on the 18th, so I figured I could get my little sister to pitch a bit :P though she tells me she's poorer than I am (except she works, so whatever).

If I'dve been more comitted to getting one I would've snagged one of the ones Krazy8 posted - it finished at like $40 -_- I was too worried about shipping, I guess (and wasn't aware what they normally go for).

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:13 AM

If you want to just get one and not have to mod it at all, the 2K is the way to go. Already has an RVA, already has a speedchanger. Just put on a new feedplug or gate and you are done.

If you like to mod, then the old ones are where it is at. PPS can tune the valve, (can't tune the cartridge valve in the 2ks, well you can, but it is very $$$$ so most don't bother). You do need to add an RVa, they are cheap. And a speedchanger is very helpful, instead of the stock 12 turns that a sheridan is. Adding a feedgate or extended feed plug makes reloading much easier. Just watch out when changing 12 grams, as it is easy to shoot yourself in the fingers if you aren't careful. LOL As it is an old sheridan, they need a "priming shot", so you would pump the PGP without loading paint, then tighten the 12 gram, then Fire, taht pierces the 12 gram. Now you can pump again and load a ball and continue on as normal. No instapierce assemblies back then

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:40 AM

Hmm...

I almost like the challenge of having a bone stock PGP :P but RVA would be nice for sure, as would the other upgrades.

Where could you get a better feedgate/plug? Palmers?

I saw a pre 2k PGP on eBay...I can't see ANY brass. Says he hasn't played with it since 98 or something. No bids yet, $70. Figure I might try for that and swallow the $30 or so shipping ><

The annoying thing is how many people for some reason won't ship to Canada -_- and how half the ones that will don't list a shipping price so they don't appear on eBay.ca

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 03 March 2011 - 12:42 AM

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:57 AM

You can buy feedgates and plugs from PPS. Gates are nice in that you just jam the 10 round tube in and tilt and it loads, then when you pull it out the gate closes and you are done. Only issue is they are bulky and some people don't like them. Extended feed plugs might be easier to find on MCB through an airsmith. Not sure if PPS carries them still. They are just longer then the stock one, so they are easier to grap.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#6 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

Hmm... thanks for the advice Legato.

I am still drawn to the stock Pug I have seen simply because it hasn't been worn too much yet - I can always add the upgrades if I want but I can't get the original paint job back!

#7 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:59 AM

Stock Pug or stock PGP?? Two very different entities. PGP is a sheridan, older then many people on this forum. The Pug is a PPS scratch built PGP, it has many many ups that you don't have on a stock PGP. As well as PPS valve tuning built in.

Getting orignal paint back is impossible, they are not legally allowed to use that paint anymore tat was used on sheridans, bad for the enviorment. So if you like it, keep it, cause it ain't coming back.

#8 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:58 AM

View PostLegato, on 03 March 2011 - 01:59 AM, said:

Stock Pug or stock PGP?? Two very different entities. PGP is a sheridan, older then many people on this forum. The Pug is a PPS scratch built PGP, it has many many ups that you don't have on a stock PGP. As well as PPS valve tuning built in.

Getting orignal paint back is impossible, they are not legally allowed to use that paint anymore tat was used on sheridans, bad for the enviorment. So if you like it, keep it, cause it ain't coming back.

Haha typo, PGP - I know the difference (especially in price! ><). I figure if someone finds a PGP with all the paint left on and they want the brass underneath they better trade it for one that's worn down cause it only gets rarer :P until I use it at least.

EDIT: I truly don't get it - why won't people ship to Canada? It's not like it costs them anything...

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 03 March 2011 - 10:05 AM

#9 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:10 AM

People are stupid and don't like filling out customs forms. Not like it is hard to fill out 10 lines. But to some, that is too much work. I really don't care where a buyer is from. I've shipped to europe before. As long as they pay, i don't care

#10 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

Yeah basically I messaged each of the guys selling one on there... only the one (and possibly a 2k1 with many days left) I was looking at will. And his starting price is $70, which isn't bad I guess - nobody else has bid yet (last I looked).

There are some available on forums like M Carter Brown - I saw one with a bit of paint missing but had battle grips and quick changer (may just be extended knob?) for $85 plus shipping.

If the stock one gets that high I may just go for that if it's still around - everyone seems to like battle grips.

#11 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:07 PM

Lub my battlegrips. The only way i would rock a sheridan frame. :D They are nice and beefy, great for big hands.

#12 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:48 AM

Hmm maybe I could get him to part them ... :P lol too bad shipping is god-awful to up here -_- ... looking like $30ish if I win that one on eBay... we shall see.

Also keeping my eye on an old 'Mag...still around $2 last I saw with 2-3 days left. Worth a shot for a re-sell.

EDIT: Picked one up on MCB with quick-changer and battle grips (yay!) for $95 shipped ($10 shipping to Canada?!). Figured the perfect paint on the eBay one is better off with a collector as the pump will rub it off anyways.

Maybe I'll shine this one up (take off remaining paint). :)

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 06 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users