Special Ops Paintball: A5 Evolver - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A5 Evolver The slow evolution from stock to perfection, and one step back. Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Your Opinion (24 member(s) have cast votes)

What's the best air mounting solution?

1. Rear air (grip mounted). (6 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Vert air. (1 votes [4.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

3. Voted Remote kit. (13 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

4. Other. (4 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Which stock is better?

1. M4 style collapsible. (5 votes [20.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

2. Voted G36 style folding. (5 votes [20.83%] - View)

3. MP5 style sliding. (4 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Rear air butt plate. (2 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

5. Other. (2 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

6. None. (6 votes [25.00%] - View)

What's the best targeting solution?

1. Voted Iron sights. (7 votes [29.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

2. Laser sight. (1 votes [4.17%] - View)

3. Optic sight. (7 votes [29.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

4. Telescopic sight. (1 votes [4.17%] - View)

5. Dude, just point it and shoot. (8 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

What's the best loading solution?

1. Standard high capacity hoppers. (11 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

2. Low capacity tac-cap hoppers. (1 votes [4.17%] - View)

3. Q loaders. (5 votes [20.83%] - View)

4. Longbow tube mags. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Voted Magazine fed. (6 votes [25.00%] - View)

6. Pump. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Other. (1 votes [4.17%] - View)

Do tactical flashlights work?

1. Yes. (2 votes [7.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

2. Voted No, they only reveal your position. (8 votes [29.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

3. Maybe, if you know what you're doing. (17 votes [62.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.96%

Has my setup improved over the years?

1. Voted Yes, it's highly functional. (9 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. No. (4 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

3. Subjective. It's more about looks so it depends what you like. (14 votes [46.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

4. It's gotten more and more overboard and gaudy. (3 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Would you try any of the mods detailed in this post?

1. I'm going to clone your gun! (2 votes [6.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

2. Voted Some of them. (18 votes [62.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.07%

3. No way! (6 votes [20.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

4. Just the 1/4 turn "quick change". (1 votes [3.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

5. Just the Tippmann rail mod. (1 votes [3.45%] - View)

6. I'm going to spend $75 on an aftermarket flat top rail. (1 votes [3.45%] - View)

Which style did you like better?

1. M4 style. (6 votes [25.00%] - View)

2. Voted G36 style. (9 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. Other. (9 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

I'm running out of ideas, what would you add to it?

1. Grenade launcher! (5 votes [8.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.20%

2. Carry handle! (3 votes [4.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.92%

3. Holographic sight! (6 votes [9.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.84%

4. Compressed air! (13 votes [21.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.31%

5. Bipod! (2 votes [3.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

6. Voted E Grip! (10 votes [16.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.39%

7. Dude, you need to paint that thing! (9 votes [14.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.75%

8. A remote switch for your tac-light! (3 votes [4.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.92%

9. Response trigger! (5 votes [8.20%] - View)

10. Double trigger! (5 votes [8.20%] - View)

How'd you like the topic?

1. Awesomeness! (7 votes [13.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

2. Lame! (3 votes [5.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

3. Topic fail. (3 votes [5.77%] - View)

4. Topic Thunder! (6 votes [11.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

5. Too many questions. (5 votes [9.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.62%

6. I only skimmed it. (7 votes [13.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

7. I only skimmed it... and I want that time back! (4 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

8. It gave me some good ideas. (8 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

9. Voted Do you have groupies? (6 votes [11.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

10. What topic? (3 votes [5.77%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

ALRIGHT EVERYBODY! I know you've all been waiting with bated breath for almost a year now! But the day has finally come! THE A5 HAS EVOLVED! I know earlier when I figured out how to mod the A5's factory "1/4 turn with tools slow change" feature into a functioning 1/4 turn quick change feature and added the stubnose to the setup (for extreme close quarters) with option to quick change in field to Flatline for range, that I called it "The Perfect CQPB (Close Quarters PaintBall) Gun". But truth be told even then it was still only an almost perfect cqpb gun. I called it the perfect gun because at the time I thought the one flaw it had was not fixable except by switching guns entirely. That one flaw? Hopper fed! Having been a "professionally instructed gunman" and having extensive experience with the efficiency and streamlined design and operation of real world guns the basic concept this giant ugly sight line obliterating hopper hanging off the side of the gun has ALWAYS been ludicrous to me. But at the time there were very few mag fed guns, and they were all very expensive. The only fix at the time? Make that ridiculous giant box of paintballs as small as it could possibly be enter the TacCap. But even with the low profile tac-cap it's still hopper fed, it still has a relatively giant ridiculous box hanging off the side, and now with the reduced capacity the whole time-spent-awkwardly-pod-reloading-a-hopper to actually-shooting-the-gun ratio goes all to hell in a handbasket! That mag fed markers are rare and overpriced is still the case, but now there is the magazine feed conversion kit! And so the A5 has shed it's last remaining flaw and truely become the pefect paintball gun in general and especially at CQPB!

BEHOLD!

Posted Image

Ohhh, if you read the OP, AND YOU SHOULD HAVE! Honestly you're on specOps... what else are you going to do? Go read it! I'll wait :dry: Ok you're back? Alright now that you've read the OP, the first thing you'll notice is that I've ditched my 45* offset optic sight mount. And here's why! With my cyclone and tac-light sticking out to the right of the gun, and my optic sight sticking out to the left, the damn thing was getting entirely too wide for a game where sight lines are so important! Which they are! I know no one realizes it or they would never do goofy things like... using a hopper... ever. But unfortunately the dremel Tippmann flattop rail mod I detailed earlier, never ended up extending beyond the two notches I cut to fit the 45* offest. I was always "going to do it later." So even though my cousin had a great weaver to weaver sight riser from an old airsoft gun he never used, that I could take, I never made enough rail space to fit it. Well... it just so happens this new kit that is the new evolution of my paintball gun comes with a longer built in flattop rail! So now I can fit the riser, so now my gun has the optic on top where it belongs and thus has a thiner profile! I haven't played with it yet, but I already know it's going to be SO much better! With the old 45 offset traversing right corners was HORRIBLE! The barrel went around the corner and was able to get line of sight and shoot, but with the sight sticking out to left of the barrel I still couldn't sight around the corner! So I was forced to use the iron sights or just point and shoot when peaking around those right corners! And it was no better going around left corners! The sight would be sticking out, I could sight on targets, but the barrel was still behind the corner! So if I shot I'd hit nothing but wall. So eithe way I had to lean out way past the corner than I should in order to be able to sight through my optics AND fire on targets. Either that or use the irons to sight around corners. Now the optic sight is aligned vertically with the barrel like it SHOULD be, and it's lifted enough I can line it up even EASIER with mask on than the 45 offset. Making it perfect for sighting around corners in either direction!!! Yay!!! EVOLUTION!!!

Posted Image

The best part, which you'll see later is that the sight riser is open through the middle allowing me to still use the iron sights in the event of optic failure, or if a paintball is splattered on the optic sight and I still need to be shooting. Anyway, aside from the that the setup is identical to the last update with the exception of the addition of the magazine feed conversion kit and removal of that God forsaken hopper! Here it is in all it's glory! Enjoy!

Posted Image

Right side, no magazine, stock folded.

Posted Image

Left side, magazine locked, stock extended.

Posted Image

Left side, magazine locked, stock folded.

Posted Image

Right side, magazine locked, stock extended.

Posted Image

Right side, magazine locked, stock folded.

Posted Image

Through the optic sight, red dot.

Posted Image

Redundant iron sights in case of optics failure. I doubt if you can see them clearly but take my word for it when I say they're there.

Posted Image

I suppose if I had a helmet cam this is what it would look like if I were to point and shoot, left side.

Posted Image

Point and shoot from the right side.

Posted Image

And if you were in the general direction of whomever I were shooting at, this is what you would see, left side.

Posted Image

Miscelaneious shots, the Rail Interface System equiped handgaurd with tac-light and vertical foregrip attachments.

Posted Image

Just a different angle.

Posted Image

Reciever says "Tacamo" now! The logo is pretty cool too, a star with two upright chevrons below it... It would be perfect if there were only one chevron and the star and chevron were both inverted!

Posted Image

Oh yeah and last but not least, the magazine stowage... for now.

Oh, wait! ALMOST!

It's ALMOST the perfect All Purpose Paintball Gun!

As I mentioned before (in the subtitle I think!) I did eventually lose my Stub nose barrel! And it's no longer being manufactured! And there aren't any like it that ARE still being manufactured! No problem all I gotta do is saw off my stock barrel and I can have a three inch non-ported stubnose.

But wait! There's still a problem! Even when I do MAKE a replacement stub nose only my old A5 body had the 1/4 turn quick change mod! The big question then is going to be, do I have the balls to make the same permanent mod to my brand new mag kit? Because there is a draw back to it, it leaves the barrel adapter socket fairly loose. Still tight enough to hold the barrel fine, BUT loose enough that you probably wouldn't want to mount your grip on your barrel. Well, in that case I guess the only real question is...

Do I feel lucky, PUNK ...well... DO I? MWAHAHAHAHAHA! Well... I guess you know me.

In any case, those drawbacks to the mod I already mention combined with the fact that I still wanted to have my grip and flashlight available even when using the stub nose are what drove me to buy the rail block necessary to move the attachments from the RIS Flatline handgaurd back onto the body of the gun. Which leads us to the next problem with the mag kit. Even if I do mod it so I can use quick change between the stubnose and the Flatline, the magazine well is right there where the grip and light used to mount to the body of the gun. So that's out. How am I going to make it so I can keep my tac-light and grip regardless of which barrel I'm using? Well, the only option I see is that I am going to have to make a custom, free floating, shortened (to accomodate stub nose without sticking out past it as that would kinda defeat the purpose of the stubnose), gun mounted (not via the barrel adapter socket because that's where the Flatline mounts), RIS handgaurd that will mount my attachments and have clearance to accomodate the 1/4 quick change of the Flatline. Thus I'll be able to switch between the two barrels and have the attachments mounted to the gun even though with the mag kit there's no where to mount attachments on the gun.

BUT! There's one last HUGE problem with my new setup, a problem I will engineer and experiment out of existence even if it kills me. What's been the key to making my gun the perfect CQPB and all purpose paintball gun all along? THE VERT AIR! It's the vert air that made it all possible! With vert air I could fold the stock over and have a shorter more manuverable painball gun than any other gun on the field except others with rear air or remote kits and folding stocks or butt plates (even when running the Flatline LET ALONE when running the stubnose!). But now with the mag kit, there's a MAGAZINE sitting right there where my air used to mount! And furthermore, rear air mounting would also ruin the manuverability of my gun, then it would be just as long and un-manuverable as any other rear air gun out there which is to say basically all other guns out there. Kinda defeats the purpose of a folding stock, when you fold the stock and the gun stays the same length right? Yeah! So what to do with my air? Buy a remote line? Haha, why would you even ask that? THAT'S not engineering! There's a very good reason I don't ALREADY have a remote line and thus I'm not GOING to get a remote line. It goes back to the proffessionally instructed guman/experienced with firearms thing. Suffice it to say I want my gun completely self contained, everything the gun needs to shoot I want ON THE GUN where it belongs, that includes air. And in case you're wondering I'm never going to use any gun that requires anything more than ammo for it to shoot. If it takes batteries it belongs in a toy box. ...unless it's a rail gun. So... how am I going to keep my air gun mounted, AND keep it out of the way such that there's no obstruction to the mags, the foregrip, or the folding stock? I've already figured it out, don't worry. I'm going to drill a hole in the bottom stantion(?) of the stock, mount an ASA in the stock its self at the rear, and run an airline with enough slack to allow the stock to still fold, and that's rigid enough not to get caught in the stock's hinge, up to the tomb stone. Such that: the air will load bull pup style vertically in the stock, the magazine will have all the room it needs in the middle of the gun. With the stock extended the gun will be slightly rear heavy like most others running lame *ssed "normal" rear air (no offense guys just kidding!), with the stock folded the air will sit to the right of the gun (of course it's in the stock that folds to the right), and just behind the magazine, essentially it will be perfectly balanced and will feel just like the old vert air setup. I will call it... "Vert Rear Air" or wait... "Bullpup Air!"

So there you have it, the A5 Evolver from it's humble beginings to it's custom present and a little preview of it's experimental future! Stay tuned for updates, I don't call me the f*cking Mad Scientist for nothing!

EDIT:
I wanted to add these to the poll, but I've already maxed out the questions and it won't let me. So I'll just ask and hope you answer via text, they reference the OP in case you didn't read it and are wondering wtf I'm talking about. Also I've got one that can't be multiple choice anyway, so I guess it's alright.

Should I add the irreversible 1/4 turn quick change mod to the new kit?

How would you keep the air on gun without impeding the folding stocks function?

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 19 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#17 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Paint that sucker dude! I did my own digicamo on a M98. It ain't the best, but looks way more awesome than peeling paint. I'm not super skilled at painting, so I am sure a DIYer with steady hands can get a decent finish.

My two cents.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#18 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Two cents duely noted sir!

But I'm still not going to do it! Haha!

View PostShipwreck!, on 29 September 2010 - 12:59 AM, said:

...I would paint it, but it's my personal opinion that guns should be ugly, black and obviously well used. Ugly and well used for character / awesomeness and black for tactical purposes. Think about it, if you get a jungle camo paintjob... what happens when you play in the (edit:) desert? And vice versa. No mater where you go shadows are always the same color.

Maybe I'm just crazy but I'm getting a little sick of seing pretty guns.

I don't know about most people out there but I know I am always switching environments. I play a field that's desert tan most of the year, and another that even in the hottest summer months is still at LEAST half green, then both are lush green when it gets rainy again. So painting it to match any particular environment would be an epic fail next time it rains and my gun is the only tan thing on the field, or once it dries out when my gun is the only green thing on the field. No dice sir. BUT I appreciate the comment! Any other suggestions?
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#19 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

View PostShipwreck!, on 19 August 2011 - 10:04 PM, said:

Two cents duely noted sir!

But I'm still not going to do it! Haha!

View PostShipwreck!, on 29 September 2010 - 12:59 AM, said:

...I would paint it, but it's my personal opinion that guns should be ugly, black and obviously well used. Ugly and well used for character / awesomeness and black for tactical purposes. Think about it, if you get a jungle camo paintjob... what happens when you play in the (edit:) desert? And vice versa. No mater where you go shadows are always the same color.

Maybe I'm just crazy but I'm getting a little sick of seing pretty guns.

I don't know about most people out there but I know I am always switching environments. I play a field that's desert tan most of the year, and another that even in the hottest summer months is still at LEAST half green, then both are lush green when it gets rainy again. So painting it to match any particular environment would be an epic fail next time it rains and my gun is the only tan thing on the field, or once it dries out when my gun is the only green thing on the field. No dice sir. BUT I appreciate the comment! Any other suggestions?

Black stands out just as much. :P And all those other things you did are mostly to make your gun look badass (which it does), so a wicked paint job would just be icing on an awesome cake. SO THERE!

Besides....my next suggestion is going to help with the mismatch situation.

Burlap shrouds. Different Colors. Use them like a scarf to wrap that beast and break up the outline when you're dug in. Know what I'm talking about?
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123

#20 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

View PostI.K.E., on 19 August 2011 - 08:14 PM, said:

Black stands out just as much. :P And all those other things you did are mostly to make your gun look badass (which it does), so a wicked paint job would just be icing on an awesome cake. SO THERE!

Besides....my next suggestion is going to help with the mismatch situation.

Burlap shrouds. Different Colors. Use them like a scarf to wrap that beast and break up the outline when you're dug in. Know what I'm talking about?

Whoa, negative sir, neg. a. tive. Black is the only color that occurs naturally in all environments, and because it is THE dimmest color it is least likely to draw the eye. The only time your eye is ever really DRAWN to black is when it's on an all white background. As I have to keep telling people over and over, the military doesn't issue almost all of it's weapons in black because the color makes it's operators so EASY to see... common sense much? :P SO THERE!

Ohhhhhh Noooooo wayyyyyyyy! On the contrary sir, no part I have ever got for my gun has ever been purchased for the purpose of making it LOOK like anything, least of all "cool" I don't believe in that. Everything on it is there because of a very specific FUNCTION.

Although I do think it looks really cool too... BUT NONE-THE-LESS THANK YOU FOR COMPLIMENTING MY GUN :) Really "mostly"? You thought I made this not only for looks at all, but "mostly" for looks? Ugh.

Gun ghillie? NOW THAT'S AN IDEA! I LIKE THAT IDEA! I might just have to do that! Because it looks cool? Hell no. Because it FUNCTIONS to help me blend in :)
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#21 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

View PostShipwreck!, on 19 August 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

Whoa, negative sir, neg. a. tive. Black is the only color that occurs naturally in all environments, and because it is THE dimmest color it is least likely to draw the eye. The only time your eye is ever really DRAWN to black is when it's on an all white background. As I have to keep telling people over and over, the military doesn't issue almost all of it's weapons in black because the color makes it's operators so EASY to see... common sense much? :P SO THERE!

So why aren't all the uniforms black too then? Explain that!!!! Still, your argument does not negate the awesome potential of an amazing paint job.

Ohhhhhh Noooooo wayyyyyyyy! On the contrary sir, no part I have ever got for my gun has ever been purchased for the purpose of making it LOOK like anything, least of all "cool" I don't believe in that. Everything on it is there because of a very specific FUNCTION.

Although I do think it looks really cool too... BUT NONE-THE-LESS THANK YOU FOR COMPLIMENTING MY GUN :) Really "mostly"? You thought I made this not only for looks at all, but "mostly" for looks? Ugh.

I was trying to say it in a nice way. You know that all that stuff is not NECESSARY and is very unlikely to improve your performance in a game.... Regardless, I believe you when you say you have a function in mind for each addition.

Gun ghillie? NOW THAT'S AN IDEA! I LIKE THAT IDEA! I might just have to do that! Because it looks cool? Hell no. Because it FUNCTIONS to help me blend in :)

Gun Ghillie is an awesome name! But the suggestion was not intended as an aesthetic item. Note that the suggested item was introduced with an accompanying suggested (practical) use.

#22 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

I know I'm just emphasizing. Allow me to emphasize some more...

FUNCTIONNNNNN!!!!
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#23 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

Answer my question about black uniforms. :P

#24 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

View PostI.K.E., on 19 August 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:

So why aren't all the uniforms black too then? Explain that!!!! Still, your argument does not negate the awesome potential of an amazing paint job.

Oh snap here we go! I'm lovin' this.

Because a uniform is just a piece of fabric that covers your body. The same thing as your burlap gun cover idea, which I noted was a good one, but for people. Uniform? No big friggin deal, yeah buy a different one that exactly matches the area every time you change environment. Yes camo works better than all black, but a little bit of black mixed with camo works perfectly fine. The alternative: buy a whole new different gun in a differnt color for every differnt environment you work in? Or: Srtip the paintjob from a gun and go through the process of re-painting it every time you switch environment That's just insane.

So here I am telling someone over again... again. The military wouldn't be doing it if it were such a horrible idea. Black guns, yeah the military does almost nothing BUT that particular it and staking there lives on it working in the process. So it obviously must work pretty damn well.

And yeah that pretty much does negate the idea of camo painting it. The camo will not work in environments where it's not designed too, whereas black will work alright anywhere you take it... therefore... uhhh... don't paint it. Of course if you know for a fact that you're only ever going to play in one particular environment then yeah the BEST solution is to camo the gun for that environment, it will blend better than black, and you don't need to worry about what it would do anywhere else.

As I already mentioned, I play in different types of environment all the time so customizing for one in particular is a no go.

I was trying to say it in a nice way. You know that all that stuff is not NECESSARY and is very unlikely to improve your performance in a game.... Regardless, I believe you when you say you have a function in mind for each addition.

Say what in a nice way? Dude. NOTHING is necessary except some paint. but you don't see most people running around with painted sticks and slinghsots do you? It's not a question of if you need it, it's a question of if it will help you do better. Actually everything on there either directly effects the performance of the marker, or directly effects the performance of me with the marker, and it works EVERY TIME I use it, which is EVERY TIME I play.

And a lot of that has saved my ass in games and or practically taken out other players for me by making it so easy... when used properly. Some of it has almost taken me out FOR the other team by making it so easy for them, when used inproperly! Most people don't realize how USEFULL the attachments are simply because they don't know how to USE the attachments. I do. Although I've made mistakes haha!

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 19 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#25 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:51 PM

1) I didn't say you had to have an amazing CAMO paint job. Did I? :P

2) I ain't gonna argue with you on that one. If you say they're tools, then they're tools. I know some people who use 3 tools to do a job that would be easier with 10 tools. Sounds counter-logical, but in many cases that is true. The right tools make any job easier. Making do with the wrong tools or poorer tools makes the job harder, take longer, and lesser quality.

3) I HAVE played with a slingshot!

#26 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

What else would I paint it? Nothing that's going to work as good as plain non-reflective black will in various environments. If it's camo it will work better than black in that environment. If it's black it will work equally well in all environments. If it's anything else it's not going to work well in ANY environment.

Wrong tools? My attachemts function, they are there to function, they are ONLY there to function, and they function perfectly well for the specific jobs they are there to do. That's the only reason they're there. If this weren't the case, they wouldn't be there in the first place.

That's AWESOME! But not the point. Point is most things in paintball and life aren't necessary. In life water food air and nothing else = necessity. In paintball: paintball and nothing else = necessity.
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#27 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:05 PM

1. I don't know. Paint it chocolate. Milk chocolate. :dodgy: I refuse to give you the win.

2. I was agreeing with you, not arguing.

3. I forget what the point was.

#28 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:09 PM

Fair enough, can we have a neutral third party declare this a draw? Then we can argue about whether the third party was actually neutral!!! :D

What? I thought you were saying my tools were wrong... or something...

The point was playing with a slingshot is awesome!
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#29 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

What I was pointing out is that you have a lot of "tools" on your marker. You say having more on that marker makes you a better player. And I decided to give you that one. If you say your more tools works, then I'll just concede the point. I've never been formally trained in the use of firearms, lived with a rifle, etc. I defer to your expertise.

I would not at all do the same for some kid making the same argument on the paintball field. I doubt most people who buy and install that stuff can do any more with it than look at it. Thus, for most it is about the aesthetic of it rather than the function. I'm ok with ppl making their markers "look cool". Because it is fun to fantasize and all that stuff helps some people "live the dream". But if most people tried to convince me that all of their mods were useful and functional, and WAY improved their game, I'd call BS and leave it at that.

#30 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

I got lost, I'm back. Sorry about that haha!

In any case, it's all very simple stuff. But the tac light can back fire if you're not carefull haha!
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users