• You cannot reply to this topic

Drop-Shoot How often do you do it? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

I remember the biggest factor with this crap was that because it lagged just enough that it didn't register hits very well when people were moving in the air like this -_-

I totally remember people doing that in a straight line at me while lying down with a PKM machine gun on full auto...and knifing me.... :dry:
Posted Image

Not quite the same tactic as is possible in real life lol :P

#17 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:26 AM

I would need an ambulance after attempting the Worm in paintball!

#18 User is offline   syndicate444 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

Shooting while in the prone position depends on alot of factors. Gun setup, gear/camouflage, terrain, and player position.

Gun Setup - Using a stock and bipod both will increase the accuracy while shooting prone. Whether or not your tank is remote will also affect your overall accuracy. It is about comfort and stability, and the marker has to match your style of play. This is partially the reason many players choose not to go prone, they do not have the correct marker setup to facilitate a comfortable and stable technique.

Gear/Camouflage - The setup of your vest/tank/pods will all effect your ability to go prone. If your vest has a radio, pistol, or extra mags, you may not be comfortable going prone. Many players have these items on the front of the vest for ease of access. If you are looking for more comfort, moving the pistol to a leg holster and moving the radio to the shoulder or side will allow for more manueverability while on your stomach. As for camo, the more the better while prone. As an example, you are using a 4+1 harness and go prone. Without some kind of camo covering your tank and the pod lids, they will stand out like a giant orange cone in a haystack.

Terrain - Your surroundings are the biggest factor when deciding to go prone. Most people relate prone to the players in Modern Warfare that will be any area and drop real quick and fire shots. Going prone in real life (paintball or military) is about being hidden prior to ever being seen. This cannot be done without the proper cover. Choosing what spot to go prone is one of the more difficult decisions you can make. Example, you have a choice between tall grass, a fallen log, or a pile of brush. Which one do you choose? Before you can really answer you must take in a few more factors such as weather (has it rained recently? has it been two months without rain?), height of the grass, or which one will leave you least exposed while giving you the maximum visibility? A lot of players would rather avoid making the decision and go straight for the first available bunker. This is what going prone is all about, not being in the obvious location.

Player Position - Depending on the position you are providing to your team, going prone may or may not be advantageous. If you are responsible for laying down cover fire, going prone will not likely be a good idea. If your playing as a dagger, your job is to trigger ambushes as well as scout out the OPFOR, not to be laying on your stomach in the middle of the field.

All of these are deciding factors on whether or not going prone will benefit you and your team alike. If you decide it will positively benefit you and your team, feel free to try it out. It will take some getting used to, but once you have the correct setup and are in a position to do so, you can and will be a force to be reckoned with.

#19 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

Not just about going prone here - kind of a video game strategy where you drop to the ground after being spotted or fired upon to fire back.

EDIT: Probably not practical though, just crush your lungs :P

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 31 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

#20 User is offline   syndicate444 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

True, "drop shooting" is literally a video game move only due to the amount of time it actually takes to drop, position, aim, then fire. If you see someone do it you might stare and wonder why for a long enough period for them to actually shoot though... :/

#21 User is offline   BadCompany 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:06 AM

Most I would ever do is drop to my knee if I was getting shot at from a distance and i was in a big open area, I am more for the run and gun. cause they already know where you are and you are just screwing yourself cause now they know where you are, can move for an angle, and they now know you aren't going anywhere fast. all in all i would say its not the best idea.

#22 User is offline   SOCOMTacticalPbTeam 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

I drop-shot about 70% of all my engagements in the field, never in CQB that can get you killed. It's very effective and can be a devastating tool against you opponent. Using it effectively takes skill but most of all fearlessness. Because wherever you are; cover is a drop to prone away.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users