Special Ops Paintball: G7 fly and ego dilema. In YOUR humble opinion - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

G7 fly and ego dilema. In YOUR humble opinion Tried not to make this a vs. thread. Sorry to all.

#1 User is offline   biojuggeranut 

• The one sport you dont wanna streak at! = pain
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:10 PM

I want apoligize (sp?) even before you read this for making a vs thread. Not only is this against the rules, but it also annoys the hell outta you, and is even stated in the stickies that these "vs" threads should stop. I did this thread to not only compare markers but ask for your humble and honest opinion and inform me on my ignorance of the preformance of angels.

Before we get into the annoying part, I want you to read a more annoying part... the story. On saturday I went into my local pro shop, 500 dollars in hand to buy a bnib g7 fly they have had up for sale since they first came out in the beggining of 06. I have been eyeing this marker forever, and my mom lent me the rest (thank god for mommy ). Any ways, I was just about to pay for the gun and take the box with every accesory outta of the store when I noticed an 06 ego on the wall for 600. To make a long story short I bought the 06 ego.

I took it home, the gun would turn on, the gun would turn off, but then it couldnt turn back on. I took it back to my pro shop today in hopes of refunding/trading it for the g7 fly. They will not give me a refund for the broken ego (which is perfectly fine, I understand it as the store owner has the sign "no refunds" in every coner of the pro shop). What he says is that by Sat. if the gun is not fixed I will get a refund, if it is fixed by Sat. I will have to play with the cards ive been dealt with and use the ego.

If your lazy just start reading from here

My questions to you are if I get the refund, should I buy the g7, or let them fix the 06 ego past their sat. due date. Although the ego has much better resale, I do not care. This is will be my primary speedball gun so I figure its going to be beaten to death by the end of the season anyways. I have never shot a g7 fly but breifing the manuel the electronic capablities sound amazing. So should I go with the g7 fly or the ego6. With the ego I will not have to buy a new barrel as I currently have the best, and I have already solved any problem of using my hp tank with the g7 if a problem does arise. Realiability (sp?) is a huge key factor in this "competion" as this is my primary.

Thanks for all your time and effort about solving my dilema.

This post has been edited by biojuggeranut: 21 May 2007 - 05:12 PM

#2 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

I say keep the ego. though I know little about either marker
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:40 PM

Resale will matter if you sell the ego6 on pbn and get more money for it so you can buy something else.
but in that situation its hard to say,
I really like my a4fly, and the g7 improved upon it with a better ram,valve,breach system, and barrel threads(there shorter so its a little smaller).
If you dont want to run lp air on it you can get a reg adapter and run your reg.
Did you try it out?
gwac

#4 User is offline   biojuggeranut 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:53 PM

I did not shoot the g7. It has never been played with, and my pro shop will fix the marker for free if something does go wrong with it. But other than that, I have never shot it, or have seen it shot in the pro shop. I assume that it works (like i assumed the ego worked :dodgy:) and as long as i dont touch anything it "should" get me by the first weekend.

#5 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JerseyPaint

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:01 PM

Keep the Ego. Even if it is broke and they refuse refund you can sell in on PbN for the same price bought.

And the Angels are different, you need a LP tank. HP tanks will blow it out.

Are you agitating my dots? 10%
RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#6 User is offline   biojuggeranut 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

Sorry but that is a misconception about angels. There are three ways to over come using HP on a LP gun.

The G7 mini reg is tuned to use HP and LP, but some of the G7's can still not shoot under 300 fps with HP. Since I dont know if "my" G7 can shoot under 300 fps with my hp dye throttle tank with high 800 psi output I have devised a few ways to get around this.

If the G7 cannot shot under 300 with a 800 psi output tank:

1) Minireg mod: Removing one shim from the regulator in 06 speeds and above. Leads to slightly worse consistancy.

2) Bottomline regulator (my "home" idea): Using a bottomline regulator asa (either tippmann or the much older pmi thor regulator) as my asa. From there I can regulate/turn down the high psi rate from tank while not adding any extra parts. 800 psi from the tank to the asa regulator, then the newly 600 psi from the regulator to the angels mini reg. This should lower the psi enough to acheive under 300 fps volocitys. ONLY DOWNSIDE: A much lower shootdown, I calculate it to be in the mid 20's instead of the low 30's.

3) The CP flashtank to install a normal regulator (which is really ugly) or having an air smith adjust my tank to put out (lol... put out) a much lower psi output rating which would make it useless to my emag.

#7 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:22 PM

4) sell throttle and buy an adjustable tank.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   biojuggeranut 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

I already own one... it is a 91/45. No reason to use an adjustable output tank on a speedball gun when being agg is the key factor. :ghillie:
No but rly... I dont want the added weight... light and tight.

#9 User is offline   llama_rider 

• all aboard the short bus!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:30 PM

you could get an A1 for your ego. Don't settle for the g7. keep the ego.
"Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."-Sun Tzu

Vanilla Coke is back from the DEAD!!!!!!!! ♥

Stay Updated on Jim(from APE)'s Cancer

#10 User is offline   biojuggeranut 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:36 PM

I was thinking about that, which I think is what im going to do. Just add like 400 for a new angel.

This post has been edited by biojuggeranut: 21 May 2007 - 06:36 PM

#11 User is offline   blackraven64 

• What more do you want?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackRaven

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:38 PM

Keep the ego and get it fixed.If you don't like it you can more then likely trade the ego for an A1 or G7 fly + cash.

#12 User is offline   biojuggeranut 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:41 PM

So is this the only thing that the ego has over the angel is resale? Everything else is just pretty even?

#13 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:00 PM

Well there are some things are are purely up to you, if you like rechargeable batteries then the angel g7 is better since it has one built in, if you like the feel and how it shoots its good.
The thing the angel has over the ego is the angel doesnt have hosing, but the ego has more upgrades and you can trade it for better things like an a1.

#14 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:13 PM

WDP makes better stock markers they've always had very few upgrades cause they need very few upgrades that's why alot of WDP is buddy buddy with AGD... I'd say get the Angel and stop fretting, Ego's are a fad that replaced timmies...

#15 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:21 PM

I just gotta ask - is this an ego or e-tek?

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users