Special Ops Paintball: rate this setup - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

rate this setup Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

  • Squad Marksman
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 59
  • Joined: 06-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:33 PM

K just as an idea:

T9 with:
Lapco 16" str8shot with apex
Longbow system
3 Longbow mags with mag pouch
3 T9 mags with co2 quick punctures on a tactical belt that has 2 mag pouches
Sight riser with the Tiberius Scope (4x magnification, illuminated, built in range finder)
(No bipod, flashlight, laser, and other useless/unneeded/heavy stuff on the T9 Elite)

this way u have 84 shots
4x scope for taking advantage of apex and for scouting/spotting/recon

I wouldn't be doing to much ambushing but more like the role of a soviet sniper/squad sniper/designated marksman)
i would be using this for spotting and taking out/suppressing the opfor at slightly longer ranges

what do u think?
(i do know i wont be making UB3R L0NG SN1P3RZ KILLz and that there is no comparison to military snipers and paintball snipers and the ballistics of paintballs and bullets and completely different)
-Vinny
T9 Longbow
0

#2 User is offline   kage83 

  • KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 219
  • Joined: 30-April 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SW Minnesota
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

TV-14: VLSC

B)

Looks good though...if price isn't an issue for you go for it!
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

0

#3 User is offline   sipbgod94 

  • proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 457
  • Joined: 03-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Staten Island, New York

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

Everything sounds fine I guess,but there really is no advantage of a scope.

they are almost entirely for aesthetics. Given the effective range of paintball markers any sight over 1x is pretty much useless.

You should work on getting better at sighting your own shots and knowing how your marker shoots.
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.
0

#4 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

  • Squad Marksman
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 59
  • Joined: 06-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

View Postkage83, on Jul 2 2009, 10:58 AM, said:

TV-14: VLSC

:(

Looks good though...if price isn't an issue for you go for it!

TV-14: VLSC??
-Vinny
T9 Longbow
0

#5 User is offline   Gilla 

  • Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 338
  • Joined: 01-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:23 PM

Get the first strike mod as well, then you can use your scope. :laugh:
Who flung poo?
0

#6 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

  • Squad Marksman
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 59
  • Joined: 06-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:56 PM

View PostGilla, on Jul 2 2009, 03:23 PM, said:

Get the first strike mod as well, then you can use your scope. :)

I'd rather not. First Strike rounds are even more expensive here in Canada at just over 10 bucks for a tube of 8.
Even then FS rounds arent really that great and don't have too much of a range advantage, just higher accuracy.
Besides I like the Apex for the flatline ability.
-Vinny
T9 Longbow
0

#7 User is offline   c boogy 

  • X7 Phenom #0000260
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 54
  • Joined: 16-June 09
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:45 PM

well i would definitely be with u in ur decision to not get the first strike kit cuz the price is rediculous here in the us and apparently is even worse by u in canada, but they do affect the range, quite drastically. if you watch the videos i believe they said that they were able to accurately shoot at twice the range of an average paintball marker. but i still would never get them, just sayin :)
0

#8 User is offline   Uberlord 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 12-June 09
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:11 PM

View PostGilla, on Jul 2 2009, 02:23 PM, said:

Get the first strike mod as well, then you can use your scope. :)

Actually, besides the fact that they are extremely accurate, they do have a range advantage, it about doubles the effective range of a marker, and you could just muzzle load them if you don't want to use a conversion kit.

View Postsipbgod94, on Jul 2 2009, 10:04 AM, said:

Everything sounds fine I guess,but there really is no advantage of a scope.

they are almost entirely for aesthetics. Given the effective range of paintball markers any sight over 1x is pretty much useless.

You should work on getting better at sighting your own shots and knowing how your marker shoots.


He didn't say that he was just getting the scope for the use of aiming, he said he was going to use it for scouting, spotting, or recon.

Now my suggestion is instead of a scope, take sipbgod94's idea and get a red dot, but buy a pair of binoculars instead, for instance these from dick's sporting goods:[post="http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2287373&cp=2367438.2367821.2285520"]Bushnell H2O Series Binoculars-Choose Size[/post], which seem durable and are about as expensive as your scope for 10x or 12x magnification instead.

This post has been edited by Uberlord: 06 July 2009 - 07:17 PM

0

#9 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

  • Squad Marksman
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 59
  • Joined: 06-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

View PostUberlord, on Jul 6 2009, 07:11 PM, said:

View PostGilla, on Jul 2 2009, 02:23 PM, said:

Get the first strike mod as well, then you can use your scope. :rolleyes:

Actually, besides the fact that they are extremely accurate, they do have a range advantage, it about doubles the effective range of a marker, and you could just muzzle load them if you don't want to use a conversion kit.

View Postsipbgod94, on Jul 2 2009, 10:04 AM, said:

Everything sounds fine I guess,but there really is no advantage of a scope.

they are almost entirely for aesthetics. Given the effective range of paintball markers any sight over 1x is pretty much useless.

You should work on getting better at sighting your own shots and knowing how your marker shoots.


He didn't say that he was just getting the scope for the use of aiming, he said he was going to use it for scouting, spotting, or recon.

Now my suggestion is instead of a scope, take sipbgod94's idea and get a red dot, but buy a pair of binoculars instead, for instance these from dick's sporting goods:[post="http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2287373&cp=2367438.2367821.2285520"]Bushnell H2O Series Binoculars-Choose Size[/post], which seem durable and are about as expensive as your scope for 10x or 12x magnification instead.


Okay, but I was under the impression that the Apex adds more range compared to the FS rounds?
-Vinny
T9 Longbow
0

#10 User is offline   Eskimo 

  • Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,319
  • Joined: 05-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Whitby Canada.
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

seems like a fun set-up.

you could get a T-8 and just grab the Apex Ready barrel, grab an Apex then grab 2 mags and maybe an extended pistol mag.
that way its like 1/3 the total size in lenth and the Extended mag can be replaced for your normal mags. ( start with normal mags and then switch to the extended when you get stuck in a bad spot.)

keep the leg holster for the spare mags ( duh?)

so if you had the extended and bought 2 new mags that means you have 3x8 shots and 1x17 shot mag. or a healthy 41 shots with a reletivly lighter, and more compact set-up.

plus you save liek 200$
which is kinda awsome.

AND if you bought used you might save another 50$ in marker price, then most T-8 owners will already have 2 or 3 mags extra, so you could save another 50$ that way.

Sweet?

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 07 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

0

#11 User is offline   Eggmoe 

  • They call me "Runs With No Pants"
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 13-September 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Palm, FL
  • Brigade Name:Eggmoe

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:08 PM

View PostWh0pp3r, on Jul 2 2009, 07:56 PM, said:

View PostGilla, on Jul 2 2009, 03:23 PM, said:

Get the first strike mod as well, then you can use your scope. :)

I'd rather not. First Strike rounds are even more expensive here in Canada at just over 10 bucks for a tube of 8.
Even then FS rounds arent really that great and don't have too much of a range advantage, just higher accuracy.
Besides I like the Apex for the flatline ability.

You should really see this video. The ideal usage would be to use regular paint, and when you need to, switch to the FS rounds.
0

#12 User is offline   cheese_6969 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 26
  • Joined: 07-February 09
  • Brigade Name:POTATOHEAD

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:16 PM

View PostWh0pp3r, on Jul 6 2009, 10:31 PM, said:

View PostUberlord, on Jul 6 2009, 07:11 PM, said:

View PostGilla, on Jul 2 2009, 02:23 PM, said:

Get the first strike mod as well, then you can use your scope. :)

Actually, besides the fact that they are extremely accurate, they do have a range advantage, it about doubles the effective range of a marker, and you could just muzzle load them if you don't want to use a conversion kit.

View Postsipbgod94, on Jul 2 2009, 10:04 AM, said:

Everything sounds fine I guess,but there really is no advantage of a scope.

they are almost entirely for aesthetics. Given the effective range of paintball markers any sight over 1x is pretty much useless.

You should work on getting better at sighting your own shots and knowing how your marker shoots.


He didn't say that he was just getting the scope for the use of aiming, he said he was going to use it for scouting, spotting, or recon.

Now my suggestion is instead of a scope, take sipbgod94's idea and get a red dot, but buy a pair of binoculars instead, for instance these from dick's sporting goods:[post="http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2287373&cp=2367438.2367821.2285520"]Bushnell H2O Series Binoculars-Choose Size[/post], which seem durable and are about as expensive as your scope for 10x or 12x magnification instead.


Okay, but I was under the impression that the Apex adds more range compared to the FS rounds?

Goodness no! the standard paintball with a normal barrel only travels approximately 150ft max (not that you can hit anything you're aiming at, at that range. I play sniper as well, and i'm sure most others would agree with this, if you have a decently tuned marker, you won't try and hit someone at 100ft. The Tippmann Flatline or Apex increase this range to 200ft. At these ranges its possible to get a break, but not very likely due to velocity loss. Where as the FS rounds have a range of 100 yards, (300ft) and due to the design, they maintain their velocity a little better. Are the FS rounds worth it? That depends upon you're style of play. I myself think this would benefit my style of play, since i take the disciplined OSOK. now i will obviously test this out with my marker once i can finally get my hands on the FS rounds. But back on topic, this setup seems pretty sweet, and as for the zoom, i run a 2.5x and its helped me spot some potential ambushes setup in towers we have (fools were standing at the window) Just watch out for the eye relief length! i've found mine is too long, so i have to figure out a way to modify my Longbow's stock to lengthen it. Either way, happy hunting :)
0

#13 User is offline   Uberlord 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 12-June 09
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:34 AM

View Postcheese_6969, on Jul 7 2009, 11:16 PM, said:

View PostWh0pp3r, on Jul 6 2009, 10:31 PM, said:

View PostUberlord, on Jul 6 2009, 07:11 PM, said:

View PostGilla, on Jul 2 2009, 02:23 PM, said:

Get the first strike mod as well, then you can use your scope. :)

Actually, besides the fact that they are extremely accurate, they do have a range advantage, it about doubles the effective range of a marker, and you could just muzzle load them if you don't want to use a conversion kit.

View Postsipbgod94, on Jul 2 2009, 10:04 AM, said:

Everything sounds fine I guess,but there really is no advantage of a scope.

they are almost entirely for aesthetics. Given the effective range of paintball markers any sight over 1x is pretty much useless.

You should work on getting better at sighting your own shots and knowing how your marker shoots.


He didn't say that he was just getting the scope for the use of aiming, he said he was going to use it for scouting, spotting, or recon.

Now my suggestion is instead of a scope, take sipbgod94's idea and get a red dot, but buy a pair of binoculars instead, for instance these from dick's sporting goods:[post="http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2287373&cp=2367438.2367821.2285520"]Bushnell H2O Series Binoculars-Choose Size[/post], which seem durable and are about as expensive as your scope for 10x or 12x magnification instead.


Okay, but I was under the impression that the Apex adds more range compared to the FS rounds?

Goodness no! the standard paintball with a normal barrel only travels approximately 150ft max (not that you can hit anything you're aiming at, at that range. I play sniper as well, and i'm sure most others would agree with this, if you have a decently tuned marker, you won't try and hit someone at 100ft. The Tippmann Flatline or Apex increase this range to 200ft. At these ranges its possible to get a break, but not very likely due to velocity loss. Where as the FS rounds have a range of 100 yards, (300ft) and due to the design, they maintain their velocity a little better. Are the FS rounds worth it? That depends upon you're style of play. I myself think this would benefit my style of play, since i take the disciplined OSOK. now i will obviously test this out with my marker once i can finally get my hands on the FS rounds. But back on topic, this setup seems pretty sweet, and as for the zoom, i run a 2.5x and its helped me spot some potential ambushes setup in towers we have (fools were standing at the window) Just watch out for the eye relief length! i've found mine is too long, so i have to figure out a way to modify my Longbow's stock to lengthen it. Either way, happy hunting :dodgy:

The apex actually keeps velocity at longer ranges too. With the Apex set at max, it can get about 200 feet and still break about half the time. That's not as much as FS, but its a lot cheaper. Too bad theres not an apex-like thing for the FS, but I think that'd be excessive.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users