Special Ops Paintball: Mike Casady coming to St. Louis on Nov. 15 - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mike Casady coming to St. Louis on Nov. 15 At Bushwackers Paintball Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:55 PM

Ok, since I use a Phantom and go to Bushwackers, the owner there likes Phantoms and he himself played on a team with Mike Casady (the maker of the Phantom), and is a good friend. He is coming down to STL for a wedding in the family, and they are having a game on Saturday, November 15. The field owner told me this. I am planning to go, as I would like to meet the person who personally produced my favorite marker, as well as play with people who are probably pump oriented, or something like that. Just to have fun. Just letting you guys know in case you wanted to meet/play with Mike.

#2 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:19 PM

wow thats awesomeness! wish i lived closer to St. Lous
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:00 PM

Yeah, I was pretty happy when I heard that I could play with him. I wonder what kind of markers he pulls out of his bag. He probably makes his own really good barrels, better than the stock Phantom ones. Or maybe he uses some other marker like a Palmers (lol). I guess I will have to find out. I know what he looks like (well, in 1992, lol), because there is a team picture on the wall inside the building of the field with the owner and Mike among others. I really like that field. The owner (Tim) and his wife are really nice and conversative, (not conservitave, that I know of), and the head guy who does maintenence, Scott, is also nice and knowledgeable. They have probable 300+ markers there, including about 50 68 Automag Classic Rentals (They say rental on them, have a RH feed. If you want one, he will sell them for $100). It's really a great place, but unfortunately water and then mosquitoes are a problem sometimes at that field. They have a field that has a creek border, and one of their backwoods fields has recently been flooded, and while it is still playable, there is a playing "void" where the water is. It kinda makes the field a ridge battle or a longball fest, so it isnt that fun. Oh, also on that field, if you trip off of the path on the border of the field, you might fall into a quarry lake.
Map of bushwackers:
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

I love bushwhackers...especially when they have the boat out :(

-Tenacious

#5 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

Lol, I heard something about a boat, A paddle boat, that when playing a game at twin towers, some people carried it all the way up the creek. But this boat you're talking about, is it this small paddle boat, or is it a big boat that goes out on the lake?

edit: I remember once, i was at KOTH or something, and I skipped a paintball over the lake and it hit the dock on the other side :(

This post has been edited by slowerpig81: 05 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

#6 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:43 PM

hmm... I may have to come to this. Mike seems like an awesome guy to meet.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#7 User is offline   Hellhound 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hellhound

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:57 PM

Well I'm glad he's coming to the STL but I wont Darken Bushwackers fields again not after the Ho Chi Minh game never again will I set foot there. Hope you all have fun meeting him tho
Proud member of team Green Gevils
Proud to be a woodland warrior
Giesterjager CO OK DDAY

#8 User is offline   fastlearner 

• Are you Ready?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:fastlearner

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:36 PM

View PostHellhound, on Oct 5 2008, 04:57 PM, said:

Well I'm glad he's coming to the STL but I wont Darken Bushwackers fields again not after the Ho Chi Minh game never again will I set foot there. Hope you all have fun meeting him tho

With all respect possible to you Hellhound and No flaming intended or implied.

The nephew of Bushwhackers managed Wacky West last year.
I approached him about doing a one day scenario or big game like Smakman does. At the time I did not know his relationship to Bushwhackers. His statement was that after the way the producers ran the Ho Chi Minh scenario he would never host another scenario as long as he had any say in the matter. The scenario producers structured their contract so that Bushwhackers actually lost money. The way that the producers ran the game it also ran off customers (apparently such as yourself) and they have been "rebuilding" their customer base ever since. The issue is so sore with all family members (including the nephew) that I got a more in depth earfull than I expected.

For what it matters.... :dodgy:
Play Safe, Play Fair, Play hard

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life." Teddy Roosevelt

#9 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

Hmm. I dont really think bushwackers could really do a good scenario, just because of the layout of the fields. I good scenario field IMO has no boundaries between fields, and you can go between them easily. A good example I think is Battle Creek in Kingdom City. However, they can sure handle a large amount of players and parties on a day, seeing as they have so much gear and space.

#10 User is offline   Hellhound 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hellhound

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

View Postfastlearner, on Oct 5 2008, 06:36 PM, said:

View PostHellhound, on Oct 5 2008, 04:57 PM, said:

With all respect possible to you Hellhound and No flaming intended or implied.

None taken, My only question is what producer the owner was the one calling all the shots and it was his staff that were allowing googles off on field and no observation of Chrono. People were chronoing what they wanted. I know my son is scarred all up his back from folks shooting hot as HE double hockey sticks. I wasnt aware of any producers just the owner and his buddies. But thats just what I observed.

The nephew of Bushwhackers managed Wacky West last year.
I approached him about doing a one day scenario or big game like Smakman does. At the time I did not know his relationship to Bushwhackers. His statement was that after the way the producers ran the Ho Chi Minh scenario he would never host another scenario as long as he had any say in the matter. The scenario producers structured their contract so that Bushwhackers actually lost money. The way that the producers ran the game it also ran off customers (apparently such as yourself) and they have been "rebuilding" their customer base ever since. The issue is so sore with all family members (including the nephew) that I got a more in depth earfull than I expected.

For what it matters.... :dodgy:

Proud member of team Green Gevils
Proud to be a woodland warrior
Giesterjager CO OK DDAY

#11 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:29 PM

View Postslowerpig81, on Oct 5 2008, 07:13 PM, said:

Hmm. I dont really think bushwackers could really do a good scenario, just because of the layout of the fields. I good scenario field IMO has no boundaries between fields, and you can go between them easily. A good example I think is Battle Creek in Kingdom City. However, they can sure handle a large amount of players and parties on a day, seeing as they have so much gear and space.

Only problem is that BC is out of business... Bummers. Now the closest place to Jeff is in Camdenton...
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#12 User is offline   Kheph 

• Mackenzie's Dad
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kheph

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:06 AM

Anyone been to Riversplat in Moscow Mills? I was told..(don't know first hand)...that the plan was to eventually have scenario games there.... We badly need a good scenario field around St. Louis...

I suggested to a few people that we could search around for some land to rent a few times a year to hold some scenarios..... I had a perfect place, but I just found out that my uncle sold it two years ago...so that's out....

So, If anyone is interested in getting a group together to try and locate some land to use or rent for some scenarios for next year...just let me know.

Josh. (KHEPH)
Khephren
QLoader-Midwest Player Rep.

Proud to be a Christian!!!

#13 User is offline   Dinadin 

• St. Louis Samurai
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dinadin

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

View PostKheph, on Oct 7 2008, 06:06 AM, said:

Anyone been to Riversplat in Moscow Mills? I was told..(don't know first hand)...that the plan was to eventually have scenario games there.... We badly need a good scenario field around St. Louis...

I suggested to a few people that we could search around for some land to rent a few times a year to hold some scenarios..... I had a perfect place, but I just found out that my uncle sold it two years ago...so that's out....

So, If anyone is interested in getting a group together to try and locate some land to use or rent for some scenarios for next year...just let me know.

Josh. (KHEPH)

This not to discourage you or anything. At one time my friend and I thought about doing the same thing, but since then I have had some insight into what is involved with running a scenario. It is a lot more effort than most people think and the host won't get much play time.

To get back on topic I may have to try and go to this. I have a Phantom that has been built into a M1 Carbine by a friend and I need to take it out and use it.
Schafer's Folly - Halftrack Restoration
Smak Zone Paintball
St. Louis Samurai Scenario Paintball

The only thing necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

#14 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:58 PM

Huh, Battle creek went out of business. That's too bad. when did that happen? I went there for Operation Frozen Arse in feb. It was pretty fun. Whats going to happen to that field with all the stuff on it? It would probably be pretty expensive to get the whole Compound hauled away.

#15 User is offline   Dinadin 

• St. Louis Samurai
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dinadin

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

Here is the link to the thread.

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=159171

I wouldn't trust hauling the compound off, it would probably fall apart on the highway.
Schafer's Folly - Halftrack Restoration
Smak Zone Paintball
St. Louis Samurai Scenario Paintball

The only thing necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users