• You cannot reply to this topic

Stolen X-7 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Siege 

• Free-Roaming Fire Support
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Siege

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:36 AM

Had a Tippmann X-7 stolen out of my home by one of the guests at a party my roommate was throwing.

Missing items would amount to this:

My friend's Tippmann X-7, equipped with an E-Grip. Serial number is possibly 0045426. Stock shroud, stock cyclone, was only used in three games so it was still in excellent condition.

Other parts missing (which are mine) include a 14" J&J Ceramic, and a Tippmann CAR stock. The stock's adjustment plate is missing, and unless they took it off it'd still have the other half my quick-disconnect sling hanging off of it.

They did NOT take the X-7's stock barrel or backplate, so my stuff is most likely attached to the marker.

I've been trying to keep an eye on as many BST forums as I can, as well as local E-Bay auctions, and the only brick-n-mortar that I'm aware of that deals in used paintball equipment burnt down last week... But it's pretty impossible to keep track of everything.

So if you see a post on a BST forum somewhere, or you're from West PA / East OH and see something similar up on a pawnshop / used goods wall, I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a PM so I can go check it out myself.

Thanks in advance, folks.

This post has been edited by Siege: 20 August 2008 - 07:40 AM

#2 User is offline   GunRunner7 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GunRunner7

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

If you do not know your serial number and you sent in the Warranty card for it- make sure you let Tippmann know. Make sure you report the theft to the Police- I had a bunch of tourney gear stolen some years ago and I had no serial numbers- I never got anything back- my team mate did see some kid with my gun at the field-but I couldn't prove it was mine. Did you have renters insurance?

When I die, I want to go sleeping peacefully like my grandfather did.......not screaming like the passengers in his car.

#3 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:04 AM

I'm in Eastern Ohio, I'll keep an eye out for it!
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#4 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

View PostGunRunner7, on Aug 20 2008, 10:00 AM, said:

I had no serial numbers- I never got anything back- my team mate did see some kid with my gun at the field-but I couldn't prove it was mine.

a good way to solve this is to carve your initials or something else personal into the inside of the grip panel of any and all guns you have.
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#5 User is offline   Siege 

• Free-Roaming Fire Support
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Siege

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:36 AM

The marker wasn't mine, only the barrel and stock. My friend was having some minor trouble with the sear not catching the bolt, so I was futzing with it for him, cleaning it up and stuff. The original owner still has the box (and all materials with it, including the registration card), which is where he got 0045426, which was marked on the box and matches the formatting for an X-7 serial. It is a fairly good idea to contact Tippmann on that though, because I think they have online marker registration too. So I'll have to let them know. Good idea, thank you.

(And I have since marked all my own markers with full identifying information under parts not normally taken off, like the handgrips or such, and recorded all my serial numbers should this happen again. Plus, bought a locking metal cabinet for my stuff to go in between games.)

The theft has already been reported to the police. I'm just trying to find out where it went so we can get it reclaimed.

Thanks folks. Appreciate the advice and the extra eyes out there.

#6 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

good luck i hope ya get it back.
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#7 User is offline   GunRunner7 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GunRunner7

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

quote]
a good way to solve this is to carve your initials or something else personal into the inside of the grip panel of any and all guns you have.
[/quote]

Should have... well now- everything is super-insured.

When I die, I want to go sleeping peacefully like my grandfather did.......not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users