• You cannot reply to this topic

Be Safe Leave It On (a must read)

#1 User is offline   tribe 

• getin the hang of things
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:backwoods soldier

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:02 AM

we always practice Safety, Safety, Safety when we play, like safeties on when play is over and were still in the feild, barrel plugs in when we leave the woods to go to our cars. and never ,never take your mask off while in the feild and playing no matter what. wellwe were playing yesterday and me and my broter-in-law were in some tight brush waiting for the enemy to come aroud the corner but they came in form a differnt side and he fired at them and then it was on ....well after a goood ten minutes of heavy fire from him to the enemy he thouhgt for sure he got him since he was full auto and lifted his mask just a lttle bit to see, since it rainy, and lenses were another subject and as he raised his mask he got shot in the face right below his right eye in the crease of his nose and cheek, it cut his skin alittle bit and swelled , no real medical attention was needed but it was a lesson learned the hard way and a painful way as well. so remember to keep goggles on at all times when playing fellas,, i preach this to all who i play with ...please pass this on to all
IPB Image
IPB Image

If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

#2 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:07 AM

I was at a night game (well it was supposed to be but after 5 minutes in the dark they all left) with a couple of noobs. 2v2 because no one else wanted to play. My buddy and I were waiting for them and he decided to lift up his mask. I screamed at him to pull it back down, which he did.

Turns out the other team had already run away because they figured it to be too dark but I still wouldn't have done anything differently. Bad stuff happens when you don't take precautions. I'd rather take a hit from a round because I didn't see anything through my fogged up mask rather than be able to see the round that blinded me.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#3 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:08 AM

A Lesson Learned the Hard Way and Kudos to you for Preaching Safety at the Field man.

#4 User is offline   mustardgass 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:10 AM

Wow, he's lucky. Good job for preaching safety.

John
It's just what I do when I can't get no lovin'
IPB Image
Custom sig courtosy of Silent-7

#5 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:13 AM

He's lucky if it was at a different angle something else could of happened.
Ive seen something like that. It was in the dead zone and some kid accidently shot someone 1 inch diagnoly down from the eye. The guy ran for dear mercy.

#6 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:32 AM

My cousin took his mask off during a game, it was a outlaw game, 1v1, I was reffing. so I tackled him and covered his head, Then I told him next time he does that I will duct-tape it to his head.
(hes older than me)

1andonly
Hello everybody. Im back.

#7 User is offline   Alan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:35 PM

This sort of reminded me of the I-1 sticky. People aroudn here that play paintball generally arnt stupid, and know the risks. I think if you know and realzie the risks, there are less chances of accidents happening.
<!--coloro:#8B0000--><span style="color:#8B0000"><!--/coloro-->Ion - Trinity Rasta Body - Dye Airport in/off and Rail - AKA 2-Liter - Hybrid B!itch Grips - Tadao Raider Board - TechT L6 bolt - Empire Revolver Kit - Hybrid Headloc Feedneck - CP Roller Trigger
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->2004 AKA Viking - Delrin Bolt Pin - Fbm Sling trigger - Eyes - CCM Feedneck - Tadao Board- Sonic ASA/Hybrid Rail<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Spyder Imagine Select [Homemade Low Pressure] - Drilled ASA - Drilled Valve - Polished Internals - Lightened+Polished Bolt - Lightened+Polished Striker - CCM Feedneck - SP on/off + S.rail - SP AA Barrel - Halfbacked<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#2F4F4F--><span style="color:#2F4F4F"><!--/coloro-->Polished Pre2k PGP - SP Wood Grips<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#8 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

This reminds me of something from the best comic strip ever, The-Whiteboard. This kid gets his mask yanked off by a tree limb and Doc dives on top of him crushing him to the ground. Then Doc's like "Wow, you gotta be careful, you could have been hurt." And the kid being crushed by Doc is like "Yeah, lucky me," as he begins to count how many bones Doc broke.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#9 User is offline   DanteDevil 

• Most Hated
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DanteDevil

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:24 PM

Something like that happened to a friend of mine......

Were playing with reballs and after the game was done we went through a dry run without hoppers or balls and without masks. One reball was jammed in this kids gun and it shot when he pretended to bunker someone. Hit him on the space between your eye and nose. We use masks now.

#10 User is offline   grrthetree 

• Ron Paul FTW
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jrotchxctrack

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:45 PM

Yeah, not alot of people are safe where i play. I was sitting in the dead box (just an area with coolers) and my brother comes running at us with my cousin chasing and shooting. I raised my hand up to my face and as I did a paintball hit me in the hand. I got pretty mad.
Might was right when Caesar bled, upon the stones of Rome... Might was right when Ghengis led, his hordes over Danube's foam... Might was right when Rich men fell, and at Thermopylae... It's the gospel of the Ancient world and the gospel of today...

"The Tree of Liberty must be watered, from time to time, with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants, both."
-Thomas Jefferson

#11 User is offline   Curben Justic 

• The Rogue
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Curben

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:17 PM

why do people continue to take chances . . . . I would rather be blingd hot sweaty huffing and puffing, then take the risk of lifting my mask, to see/breathe there will be time soon enough.
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If you are of the 8% that would be laughin your butt off, put this in your sig

Beware the PGP

IPB Image
Phofire

#12 User is offline   Bullet_Bob 

• U LOOKING AT ME???
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:24 PM

Man I would never take my mask. I like to see where I'm going with both eyes.
French Paintball Gun For Sale.
Never fired. Dropped once.

Team 2nd Amendment

#13 User is offline   EPIC_Snake 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-Snake-

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:27 PM

Yep. You always get the idiots who think its allright to take their mask off for a breather. Most of the time, they dont know better. A simple "get yer mask on" suffices, and they keep it on. I remember playing at a big game and there were some soldiers from a local Reserves unit playing that day.

Well, a PFC got caught up in our group and we all were prone, waiting to make a move during a lull in the action. He raised his mask to his forehead and was talking to me when I turned around and told him sternly "put your mask on." He put it on without question.
A Strong Man Doesn't Need to Read the Future, He Makes His Own." - David Hayter

IPB Image

| Sponsored by Gold Diggers Paintball and Boss Pro Shops | EPIC Unit | Special Ops Brigade Page |

#14 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:32 PM

Of course the guy that takes the mask off might have to live with the mistake but I wouldn't want the guilt of the guy that hurt him. Also , I've seen a few good games blown down because of the dead taking off their masks on the side line. Good call to make but ... kinda ruins it for everybody then.

#15 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:41 PM

ok here is what you do. Make your mask removing idiot i mean freind read the story about me. That should convince him not to do that again.

If he does not learn anything from my expereince then just drop me a line and ill kidnapt him in the middle of the night and "explain things" till he understands that masks never come off for any reason
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users