Special Ops Paintball: Looking for a new barrel - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for a new barrel Needs to have both functionality and look Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

Hi im just getting back to paintball a bit and was looking for a new barrel for my 05' cocker pump, pro or super stock i dont exactly remember, its flat black and I was considering getting the 14'' ceramic barrel from J&J due to its low cost and from what i've heard its a good barrel, any thoughts or other suggestions?

#2 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

I can safely say the JJ is a great barrel for its price, but cannot say I've tried any "high end" barrels... except the Smart Parts All American, and it broke several balls..in under 100 shots.

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:21 AM

Since it's a cocker/sniper i'd invest into either a barrel kit or three differently sized bore barrels. So you can shoot a variety of paint without roll outs. You can find some cheaper kits, or even just a $30 set of bore sizers and a normal larger bore barrel. Without a proper paint to bore match in a cocker/sniper you will suffer roll outs, which SUCK as they will happen at the worst of times. Nothing says shoot me like firing a blank shot and totally giving away your position.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:00 AM

Look at the cp classic if you can only afford one barrel. They are good and cheap plus you can pick a bore size.

#5 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:19 AM

I looked at JJ's edge kit and the cheapest they had was still 100$ which for what I'd use it for is a bit overpriced, would the main reason to get a kit be to help stop rollouts? Or for accuracy reasons?

This post has been edited by Locknpump: 15 January 2011 - 09:24 AM

#6 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

Lurker eigenbarrel ( not sure on the spelling) its a 1 peice 40$ barrel that you can get at a 0.679 bore, which especially for pump play, is a awesome investment.

Either that or try picking up a Freak back a 0.680 back and a front. it might be a little more but it would help with the bore sizes.

Flasc paintball also does 2 peice barrels at the 0.678 and 0.681 bores.

#7 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

View PostEskimo, on 15 January 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

Lurker eigenbarrel ( not sure on the spelling) its a 1 peice 40$ barrel that you can get at a 0.679 bore, which especially for pump play, is a awesome investment.

Either that or try picking up a Freak back a 0.680 back and a front. it might be a little more but it would help with the bore sizes.

Flasc paintball also does 2 peice barrels at the 0.678 and 0.681 bores.

Know what's crazy? Last year I had CCI send me a new detent ring (new size - gold) because I was getting rollouts with the smallest ring.

I was just at an indoor place (which I didn't like much, but what can you do) and I had balls that fit that new ring. Some still rolled out... I think that ring was .667 or something :huh:

#8 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 15 January 2011 - 12:25 PM, said:

Know what's crazy? Last year I had CCI send me a new detent ring (new size - gold) because I was getting rollouts with the smallest ring.

I was just at an indoor place (which I didn't like much, but what can you do) and I had balls that fit that new ring. Some still rolled out... I think that ring was .667 or something :huh:

yea the silver ring is like 0.674 and the new one (is it gold? I heard) was 0.670, but it could be smaller. who knows.

Yea right now the flasc and the lurker are the two smallest bore barrels I know of on the market. My 0.686 Deathsticks are like ginormus tunnels with a tumble weed rolling through it.

#9 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

Decided to go with the edge starter kit from JJ, the reason I was wanting to go cheaper was because im also looking to get a VSC phantom soon but I don't mind waiting on that for a bit, thanks for the push to a barrel kit.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users