• You cannot reply to this topic

Ops Gear Shipping and stock issues

#1 User is offline   Unkel Fester 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Unkel Fester

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:54 AM

Has anyone had trouble with opsgear.com? I placed an order for an M4 14 inch barrel and an M4 gas through mag kit on a sunday. They shipped it, incomplete on a wednesday. Said the Mag kit was out of stock. Any other web site I've shopped on, if something is out of stock, it will say its out of stock on the product description page. :(

This post has been edited by Unkel Fester: 08 December 2008 - 08:56 AM

#2 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:05 PM

To answer your question, no, I have had nothing but excellent service from Opsgear. Website stock levels don't always/instantly reflect orders taken over the phone...not everyone uses the website to place orders. Opsgear's website does note out of stock situations, but again, that may not reflect phone orders. I also notice that some retailers stock level tracking applications don't seem to work as well over weekends, as they do during normal business hours.

In any case, try one of these to get an update...

TOLL FREE Order/Service: 866.608.1543

service@opsgear.com - Customer Service

orders@opsgear.com - Order Status

...make sure you have your order information handy when you contact them. They'll take care of you.

This post has been edited by Warpaint: 08 December 2008 - 02:15 PM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

I never trust "in stock" on any site. Many do not have real time inventory showing.

#4 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:29 AM

Agreeing with slinky.

Don't worry, I have never heard anyone who has had order trouble from opsgear before. But maybe its just my experience.

Everything I have ordered, and others I know have ordered has ended up shipped and just what we ordered.

#5 User is offline   Unkel Fester 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:32 AM

View PostWarpaint, on Dec 8 2008, 01:05 PM, said:

To answer your question, no, I have had nothing but excellent service from Opsgear. Website stock levels don't always/instantly reflect orders taken over the phone...not everyone uses the website to place orders. Opsgear's website does note out of stock situations, but again, that may not reflect phone orders. I also notice that some retailers stock level tracking applications don't seem to work as well over weekends, as they do during normal business hours.

...make sure you have your order information handy when you contact them. They'll take care of you.

Sounds like you've done a lot of shopping with Opsgear. I hope they have quality merchandise for the wait at least. I have a few more things to get from them, but am waiting until I get this order. All of it. I'm turning my A5 into an M4 clone. I think while I wait for the mag kit I'll start saving up for a grenade launcher to mount on the underside of the handguard.

#6 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

Everything I got seemed quality. Except for the hardware... The bolts (thing they screw into at least) snapped extremely easy. But I replaced them with standerd nuts and bolts so it didn't matter. The new metadyne launcher is supposed to be decent by the way. (Don't go for the cRap 4 ones)

#7 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

View PostUnkel Fester, on Dec 9 2008, 10:32 AM, said:

View PostWarpaint, on Dec 8 2008, 01:05 PM, said:

Sounds like you've done a lot of shopping with Opsgear. I hope they have quality merchandise for the wait at least. I have a few more things to get from them, but am waiting until I get this order. All of it. I'm turning my A5 into an M4 clone. I think while I wait for the mag kit I'll start saving up for a grenade launcher to mount on the underside of the handguard.

For a few years now. I've only had a couple of issues in that time, and most were taken care of right away. Their clientele is mainly professional operators now, but they treat all their customers fairly.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Unkel Fester 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:26 AM

Well, I got the barrel yesterday, and am very pleased with it. But how bloody long is it going to take them to get the gas through mag kit back in stock? I'm sending an email about it today.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users