Special Ops Paintball: Nelson Special Forces Series - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nelson Special Forces Series Paintballs Review Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

Poll: Nelson Special Forces Series (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Was this review helpful?

1. Yes (9 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:58 PM

PAINTBALLS UNDER REVIEW: __Nelson Special Forces Series__
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Environmental Conditions

Temperature: __80__*F Humidity: __17__%

Wind Speed: __3__Mph Wind Gusts: __4.5__Mph

Weather Conditions: __Clear__

Paint Information

Date of Purchase: __9__/__3__/__07__

Brand: __Nelson Special Forces Series__

Paintball Size: __According to THIS chart these paintballs are .691__ (When I measured them my average size was .677, my minnimum size was .669, and my maximum sie was .682)

Marker Setup Information

Velocity: __290__FPS

Make: __Tippmann__ Model: __A-5__

Air Source: __CO2__

Regulated: __No__

Barrel: __12" Special Ops C-Series__

Modifications List:
  • Special Ops Dogleg Air Thru Stock w/Foregrip
  • Special Ops 12" C-Series Barrel
  • ADCO Sure Shot Sight

User Evaluation

Review Date: 9/19/2007

When I received my 12” C-Series Barrel I took it outside to test it out. I loaded it up with some Patriot Paintballs I had and started shooting at a 12”x12” target from 50’. After burning through 100 paintballs, it seemed like this new barrel was less accurate than the stock barrel. I wasn’t getting tight groups with this paint, so I switched to the stock barrel and my accuracy improved considerably.

After these disappointing results, I decided I didn’t have a good paint to barrel match. Next stop, Fleet Farm! I printed out a Paintball Size Chart and headed off to the sporting goods section.

After comparing the different brands to the chart I narrowed my options down to either Nelson Hot-Spots or Nelson Special Forces. I had tried the Hot-Spots in my stock barrel and I wasn’t to thrilled with them, all the paint in the case I got was dimpled. I decided I would fork out the $15 for 500 balls for the Nelson Special Forces and hope they where worth the $0.03 per ball.

I decided that in order to test the Nelson Special Forces efficiently I would test the Nelson Special Forces against the Patriot Paintballs by shooting them at three different ranges (50’, 75’, & 100’) in both the stock A-5 barrel and my Special Ops 12” C-Series Barrel.

I set up my target in my backyard and marked out the distances I wanted to shoot at.
Posted Image

I set up my shooting station at 50’. I threw my BDU jacket on the ground, put my paintballs on my left, my clipboard on my right, and my gun on top of the box of paintballs as a shooting rest. Two days earlier I had zeroed in my sight for 75’ and practiced where to hold on the target at 50’ and 100’.
Posted Image
Posted Image

For this test I shot 10 paintballs of both Nelson Special Forces Paintballs (SF) and Patriot Paintballs (PP) thru both the Stock (Stock) barrel and the Special Ops 12” C-Series (C-S) barrel, at 50’, 75’, and 100’. The average target size was 14” x 26” (W x H).

Key:
Range
-Barrel with Paint…….Group Size…..Miss/Bounce

50’
-C-S with SF....................6”................0
-C-S with PP...................16”................1
-Stock with SF................10”................0
-Stock with PP................12”................3

75’
-C-S with SF...................13”................0
-C-S with PP...................20”................3
-Stock with SF................15”................0
-Stock with PP................18”................4

100’
-C-S with SF...................28”................3
-C-S with PP...................14”................6/1
-Stock with SF................12”................6
-Stock with PP................16”................4

NOTE #1: When comparing group size please note that the Group Size is measured from the paintballs that broke on the target. Look at the both the Group Size and Misses to determine the true accuracy potential.

NOTE#2: I am going to purchase some Nelson Hot-Spots to test soon. I will post those results when I have completed my testing of them

NOTE#3: I will get some pictures up soon.

Conclusion
Every ball I shot broke on impact, and left a very thick and easy to see spot of paint. I am giving this paint a 9 out of 10 because of the price.

Rating 9 out of 10

This post has been edited by KRA SHARPSHOOTER: 17 October 2007 - 02:28 PM

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#2 User is offline   Warchild71 

• I Recruit Killers
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warchild71

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:55 AM

Great review! I am a big fan of Nelson Special Forces. It is a very straight shooting paint. I wish it was easier to get in my area.

#3 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:05 AM

I am MOST impressed. This is one of the best written product reviews I've ever come across.

I hope that other members will see this and follow your example.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#4 User is offline   methusaleh 

• Living the life
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:13 PM

Agreed, incredible review....have you considered doing such things for publication? Seriously. I used to do reviews of automotive products and they were similar to what you have done.

And I always thought Nelson made good paint, heck it's the only brand still around after 20 years in the game! The SF series I have never used, but I would definitely consider it. I usually use Marbs but it's good to know Nelson is still kicking derriere out there!

#5 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:25 AM

Thanks for the positive replies everyone! I try my best to include all the variables in my review, and let the product perform it's best.

have you considered doing such things for publication? Seriously. I used to do reviews of automotive products and they were similar to what you have done.

I have not really considered doing this for publication. I just like to do it for fun, and I'm sure if I was making money and had deadlines it wouldn't be fun anymore.

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users