• You cannot reply to this topic

Hell Survivors Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

Id be careful about asking the Generals what to do, too often the Gen or other high rank ends up going to some first time kid thats possibly never played a day of paintball in their life. I shouldnt say 'goes to' more like 'they sign up'. Then its always funny when the find out that by requesting to play general they suddenly have responsibility, like for few hundred teammates that want to help the plan/cause.

Thank god each team gets two Gens otherwise the LT would be runnin the show.

and as for Lone wolf doesnt work, well thats mostly true, the most alone Ive been was with three others, and we were way lost at the time.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#17 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:18 AM

You can lone wolf in a big game, it is just harder to do. Normally I link up with a group and stick with them until they get bogged down by the other side. At that point I flank the other side and some times come up behind them. There have been times which I ended up at the other sides insertion point alone with 2 minutes before the insertion window opens. The pucker factor on that situation is rather high, especially when you watch 20 of them walk towards their insertion point.

#18 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tippywoodsballin

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:38 AM

At like the monster game or tippmann world challenge, flanky is minimal(but there is some). Its not your ordinary big game. These come down to straight up snap shooting and pushing through lines not going around them.
setups=BT TM-7, Double Trigger, Lapco 12" apex ready, Apex barrel, Rotor
Infinity legend, 68/45, cp reg, new designz asa

#19 User is offline   slabska 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:slabska

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:52 AM

Going down for the MMG, first time going. Hope to meet alot of you specops guys down there. Im coming from Onaway (way up north). See you there.....( I will be the one wondering around lost )

#20 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:58 AM

View Posttrustme, on May 25 2010, 08:38 AM, said:

At like the monster game or tippmann world challenge, flanky is minimal(but there is some). Its not your ordinary big game. These come down to straight up snap shooting and pushing through lines not going around them.

That sounds like a challenge. I will have to take that challenge. This year is probably out though. Financial backing just not there. I will try for next year and I might actually be able to bring a team.

#21 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:40 PM

Going down for the MMG, first time going. Hope to meet alot of you specops guys down there. Im coming from Onaway (way up north). See you there.....( I will be the one wondering around lost )

Ill be driving past Onaway on my way down.

join the red team or suffer
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#22 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tippywoodsballin

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:02 PM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on May 25 2010, 12:58 PM, said:

View Posttrustme, on May 25 2010, 08:38 AM, said:

That sounds like a challenge. I will have to take that challenge. This year is probably out though. Financial backing just not there. I will try for next year and I might actually be able to bring a team.

Yeah there is always 2 spots of fighting happening, first is castle rock. Castle rock is always always being fought over so if you want to get into the snap shooting/playing tight to bunkers its right up front by the insertion points. yet you can also walk a mile back and be in the woods fighting but with the out of bounds on one side and swamp on the other it bottle necks the fighting pretty bad. I Dont love Hellsurvivors field itself becuase many parts o it dont get used in the big games (except global conquest) but i always go back, most because of the village i love taking on the mercs in there im first one into that village.
setups=BT TM-7, Double Trigger, Lapco 12" apex ready, Apex barrel, Rotor
Infinity legend, 68/45, cp reg, new designz asa

#23 User is offline   Tread184 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

I don't mean to play on the deep rooted rivalry between Red and Yellow Teams, 1-I. I can sorta agree with you on trusting the officers. Still, as a veteran of the last two Monster games as a Yellow player, Yellow team has had mostly the same guys in high command (Generals and Colonels) both years and I have no doubt they'll be there this year. They were all very experienced in paintball, and some are even current and ex military. They were energetic but understood their roles as high command, playing from the very back of the lines or even off of the field and in the dead zone. I also played as an LT. in the 2009 MMG, so I was in close contact with the other officers, via radio and officer meetings.

In the 2008 MMG, Red team crushed Yellow. Yeah, Yellow was lacking in manpower and morale for most of the game, but as far as I can tell, Red Team had some good officers and leadership. One of their Generals is an older and heavily experienced player named Mechanic.
In 2009, Yellow beat Red in a similar manner as the previous year and from what I witnessed, Red Team commanders were lacking in organization and communication. At the last ceremony, it looked like they were at each other's throats. Mechanic was a ref that year.

I feel that an organized and smart band of officers can help their team of 1000 battle hungry paintball players play smart and beat the equal sized, but perhaps superior, opposing force in combat. There are good officers, but because most of the positions are first come first serve sign ups, there will be bad Officers, especially the Lt's and the Majors. A lot of them will fancy themselves to be the paintball version of George Patton or some crazy Russian commissar. This isn't the army, you don't have to listen to these guys. I especially don't recommend listening to the commissar type, no matter what they say or threaten to do. But it is a good idea to take some of what they say and use it or even try to counter act his or her negativity in some way. The good LT's (any players, for that matter) will be with you, or even be right up in the front, be supportive and will try to help you play more aggressively or smarter rather than try to force you. I'm gonna be an LT again this year, and I try to be as good of a LEADER as I possibly can be. You can probably find me by following the sounds of deep yelling coming from a small, skinny guy in Tiger Stripe Camo and a black bandanna hanging off my belt. =]

What does that prove? Not a lot, this is just from my perspective and experience. Sorry for the long read. =]
Also, I posted the Field's website in my Original Post.

This post has been edited by Tread184: 26 May 2010 - 05:51 AM

#24 User is offline   Tread184 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

Here is the best map I have of the field. It's drawn and doesn't give a real feel of the the environment, topography, or the scale of it all, but it helped my team and I so many times until I had the whole field memorized. Most of the field is under a high up and thick tree canopy. Sin City has been organized to be more complex and have city blocks. There is a bridge connecting Fort Not and Fort Myers. Like Trustme said, during the Monster game, there are two large battles going on at any given point, unless something goes horribly wrong for one team. Castle Rock and The Meat Grinder (small strip of land between the dead zone and the small creek) will usually have the largest and most intense battles at any given time. That area is pretty clean (no dead trees, logs or bushes) and has a bunch of tall, thick trees and bunkers. The entire back section (West Point, Firebase Bravo and Archie Bunker) of the field is where the other major battle usually occurs. That area is is thick with trees, bushes, uneven land and shallow swampland. Highlands and Sin City usually serve as auxiliary bases, but when a battle breaks out in or near either of those two, it is sure to be one heck of a fight. Tippmann Towers and any other named bunkers usually only serve as regular positions/bunkers or as landmarks rather than bases that are worth any points. I recommend saving and/or printing out that map if you are new or consider yourself inexperienced in that field.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Tread184: 25 May 2010 - 11:11 PM

#25 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

I've been to MMG a few times, played for yellow each time. Yellow used to dominated but the last time I played (I think in 2008), Yellow got crushed.

I usually play as a lower level officer, I think one time I played as a colonel because we were really short on officers. Usually the general spots are taken by the same poeple each year. There's really no advantage to being an officer, I don't mind it because I like helping the younger players and usually they come to the officers for that. I don't like being too high of a rank, like colonel or above, because you have to play a lot more careful...since you're worth more when the other team kills you.

It is difficult to flank because of the massive amounts of players everywhere. And the key to winning/losing is usually who can control the castle and front of the field since that's where both teams will enter in the greatest numbers. Once the front is taken, you have to get trucked in or airdropped in and then work your way back to the front to re-take the front of the field and that can really be tough to do.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users