• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A5 side/Rear ASA mount Moving the ASA up and to the rear of the gun

#1 User is offline   Henchman 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:57 PM

Inspired by Telman2's mod mounting the ASA connection on the rear of the gun using a palmer stabilizer, on the UMS forum, I decided to do the same using a standard ASA connection.
I already had the Short striker rail. So all I had to do was buy a 1" weaver scope mount kit, a shorter braided line and a 90 degrees elbow, and a tombstone.
I simply unscrewed the existing ASA from the grip, unscrewed the braided line, mounted it with the scope mounts, connected the new hose directly to the ASA connector, screwed the 90 degeree elbow in the Tombstone, and that was it.

Now, the slidecheck and quick disconnect won't be dragged through dirt and mud when I'm crawling around.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Henchman: 24 October 2006 - 10:58 PM

#2 User is offline   Section8_ 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Section8_

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:53 AM

View PostHenchman, on Oct 25 2006, 12:57 AM, said:

Inspired by Telman2's mod mounting the ASA connection on the rear of the gun using a palmer stabilizer, on the UMS forum, I decided to do the same using a standard ASA connection.
I already had the Short striker rail. So all I had to do was buy a 1" weaver scope mount kit, a shorter braided line and a 90 degrees elbow, and a tombstone.
I simply unscrewed the existing ASA from the grip, unscrewed the braided line, mounted it with the scope mounts, connected the new hose directly to the ASA connector, screwed the 90 degeree elbow in the Tombstone, and that was it.

Now, the slidecheck and quick disconnect won't be dragged through dirt and mud when I'm crawling around.

Posted Image

I just ordered my a-5 and this looks like a great project. Has any of it jarred loose on you yet? What do you figure your cost was over all for the project? (Keeping in mind what parts you had on hand.) Thanks. Great looking job!!!
Cry havoc, and let fly the dogs of war!

#3 User is offline   Henchman 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:25 AM

View PostSection8_, on Oct 25 2006, 02:53 AM, said:

I just ordered my a-5 and this looks like a great project. Has any of it jarred loose on you yet? What do you figure your cost was over all for the project? (Keeping in mind what parts you had on hand.) Thanks. Great looking job!!!

Parts up here in canada seem to cost a bit more.
The hose up here cost me $20,-
I forget what the extra tombstone cost me.
The scope mounts were $25,-
The 90 Degree elbow came from palmer parts in the US.

The way the hose runs, it can't jar loose at the tombstone becasue it's resting against the trigger guard, without being in the way of your hand.
And as far as the topmount, it's very tight.

I'll see the next game how it goes.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users