Training of a Broadsword From the start to finish Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   crazy redneck 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:crazy redneck

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:52 PM

some lessons ive learned form broadsword that will help new players

carry one more pod than you think youll need.
get a gun thatn you like and are comfortable with
have them play medium rifleman with their heavy rifleman gear to get some new skills if they need to get inti the action
practice shooting positions (laying, crouch and standing)
practice shooting on the run.
practice shooting with both hands
3 on 5 drills (broadsword has to defend the flag.)

some rules to live by

dont stop shooting until your man is in cover.
only shoot enough to keep your man down
dont try to cover to many angles by your self ( it doesn't work and you and your guys get shot.)
stay your maximum distance away
have fun
practic at the shooting range

tips

work out you carry alot of gear
be with people you can trust, and can trust you
have good boots, they help you get a good grip on ground.
don't worry too much about stealth at first because one you are giving cover fire, they will know where you are, two it will come naturally
have fun

gear (in my opinion)

tippmann
flatline
big hopper (i have one that holds 400 rounds)
stock
response trigger or e-grip
double trigger
expansion chamber
big tank (compressed air 80ci or co2 24 oz.)
remote line
big vest
lots of pods
gear to fix your gun

remember, you don't have to be big to be a broadsword, im 5 ft 8 in and 160 lbs and most of my friends are 6 ft and 180 lbs or bigger, [b]its not how big you are, but how big you play

one case, one kill

#32 User is offline   CHICKINDUDE 

• CAP'N CHICKIN
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CHICKINDUDE

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

Another good drill is shooting and reloading at the same time! I cant tell you how many times that has saved me! Like on the least 20 rounds shoot single shots and grab a pod Pop! reload n repeat!!!..... Oh yeah fireing from the hip is also a good drill, Yeah! I've got skill combos!!!

This post has been edited by CHICKINDUDE: 01 May 2008 - 05:13 PM

Ghost Gunner! (The counter sniper.)

#33 User is offline   DragonStrike 

• This I shall def... oh look a butterfly.
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DragonStrike

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:12 PM

Personally, I agree with BONUSROUND on many of the jobs of the broadsword, however its not all just coverfire. That's the heavy gunner's job, he who carries the "SAW" of guns. Broadsword is more of a cross of the versatility of a sabre with the ability of heavy fire. If the gunner is taken out, then it's your job to provide cover, but while he's in play still, the responsibility turns more to a low flanker who can push forward with relative ease. The gunner draws attention, making himself seem more of a threat than he really is, and all riflemen take the responsability of getting an angle while heads are down.

Personally, I don't really agree with the Flatline system, because still at least a little accuracy is necessary. I am looking into a Dye Ti-Boomstick for myself, and considering anything that might come up. With accuracy, you can actually pick out the spots of the bunker where you think heads might come up and therefore be a more effective pinner when necessary with the heavy gunner, however you also have a chance to hit the person if he is in cover when you flank. With Flatline, you actually have to be close to the person to get a good shot because of the innacuracy, therefore putting yourself in a position of high danger.

A good drill is always some target practice, more close range orientated for a broadsword, although rough terrain running and crawling is a good thing to have too. Also, practice your silence factor. There are some good videos on www.webdogradio.us that deal with sneaking. Finally, I would stress finger excercise, such as those grip trainers, because a good trigger pull is good to have, no matter your position (unless you're a sniper).

Feel free to correct me on anything.

This post has been edited by DragonStrike: 03 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.

-Caskie Stinnett

The quickest way of ending a war is losing it.

-George Orwell

In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

#34 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

A broadsword need to have some flexabileaty. There primary job is to lay down cover fire but is you have a bipod on your marker and have the skills to be a sniper on top of that. You can go with the sniper to set up an ambush or even go alone. If you wear action guille and carry a broadsword set up, you can move in and remain conceled. As the OPFOR patrol moves in to the kill sack the broadsword can pop up from behind and spray into them and most likeley take out the hole patrol.

The broadsword also needs to be fast and mobile to keep up with the team because the team moves as fast as their slowest guy and that aplies to both the hammer and broadsword but when it hits the fan and they need fire power, your team will love you. Always double up on air and paint because at times the action can bog down to stand off type fighting or you may need to give ammo to a team mate. Knolage and power is the key to be an effective broadsword and knowing were good cover is aswell as haveing the right marker det up is a must if you expect to play this position but guts and skill are equaly videl.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#35 User is offline   Snipahunta 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:15 AM

I've found from personal experiance that a tippmann a5 with an etrigger can't really put out as much fire accuratly as an Mr-2, or Mr-3. No offense to anyone who said that about the a5. Another thing, I found that it is a good idea to keep the broadsword fairly close to the commander, for the simple fact that if he gets over run, you can buy him more time to get out.

The broadsword is a very fun part to play, and one thing I have learned is that your squad will do better if you keep the broadsword towards the back, just because he is slower than everyone else, and is most likely bigger. A big, slow target dies fast. I hope that i have helped you.....

#36 User is offline   goldman22 

• Look lower...
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:goldman22

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:03 AM

tell 2 of of your players to put on masks and sit behind a bunker, give the player in question 1 hopper and 1 pod of paint (340 rounds). put up signs with numbers on them next to the broadsword player and tell him to make it so those 2 players cant read the numbers and write them down without getting hit, basically use 340 rounds to keep the 2 players heads down for 1 minute

#37 User is offline   JNelson4850 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MEDIC48

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:18 PM

I've noticed a lot of the people have been saying "New player" and "Broadsword" together.
I'm not saying it can't be done, but your broadsword players should be experienced, and have good ideas of tactics and movements as they will be calling a lot of shots in the heat of the battle.

If they are in the rear covering and seeing more of the action, they will have a better idea of what the situation looks like. Make sure they are not at all afraid to yell to communicate tactical information. Make sure they are a good team player and people will listen to them with respect to the information they are giving and possibly the ideas they are suggesting for movements. The commander should make the main plans but the individual battles often require the broadswords to be fire-team leaders

They should carry PLENTY of paint, but not feel they have to use it ALL just to cover someone. I find putting out 2-5 shots every few seconds usually keeps someones head down... If they do pop it out, it's gonna have a pretty splat on it.

A flatline or APEX is almost a must have in order to get the range to effectively cover your team from the rear.

They don't have to use a tourney ball marker with a 20bps+ ROF, just something that can consistently lay down shots where you want them, as often as you need them. (love that Tremors quote btw).

And yes the Label broadsword has gotten abused and over used, but most people here have a good understanding of what is asked of you to play the Covering role in a game when we use such a label....

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users