• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I need a new marker Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Mayonnaise 

• Not sure what I am!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:55 PM

Hi. I'm looking for a new marker. I've went over many, many choices, and looked at many, many markers. Really, any gun can be adapted to any position, save possibly the Hammer. A 98c can be used as a Sniper, a Dagger, Sabre, or a Broadsword.

So, what am I looking for in a gun? First, and most important, it needs to be upgradeable, big time. This is my biggest concern. I want this to be my only gun I buy for as long as I can. Internals, externals, ect. Everything.

Second-it needs to run on CO2-no questions asked, and don't suggest guns that only run on HPA. You will be ignored. I know with an anti-siphon and say a Palmer's Stabilizer, many guns can be used with CO2, an Ion or a Spyder VS3 for example. Eventually I may run HPA, but it won't be for a while.

Third, it needs to be durable. I don't want a cheapie old gun. I do play woodsball, and it does rain occasionally, so an electro that isn't too durable won't work for me.

Fourth is the price range. For the base gun, I'm looking anywhere from 200-400 dollars. I can upgrade as time goes on.

Fifth, and I know this one may not be possible, I'd like it to have some milsim upgrades available. This wouldn't be a big issue, but it would be nice.

It needs to fit the first 4 requirements. I do have a gun right now, so this isn't a time issue, and I probably won't buy the gun for a while, probably sometime in winter.
Christian paintballer for life!

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!-THE MENACE
Proud anti-rapper and Christian rock/metal lover! I'm sticking with the 2% here!
98% of people have 98% and 2% in their signature. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your sig.
If your parents do not buy you your gear, put this in your sig.

#2 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:58 PM

Going to move this to the marker vs. section....

Peace,
Teddy K

#3 User is offline   Incognito 

• Using Less Than 100 Paintballs A Day
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:01 PM

What gun do you have now? It sounds like you should buy an A-5 or X-7. They are both relatively cheap and very reliable and have tons of milsim upgrades available.

~Quip~
~Christian Paintballer~CPPA Member #3565~Stock Class Paintballer~Automaggot~My Feedback
Posted Image
The Family: VSC Phantom, PGP, Classic Automag, Autococker, Pumpcocker
U.S. Army Infantry: Because Someone Needs to Take Out the Trash

#4 User is offline   Mayonnaise 

• Not sure what I am!
  • PipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:02 PM

A Worrgames Worrmachine. I have not seen a single upgrade for this gun, and the safety on it is...well, it has issues.

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!-THE MENACE
Proud anti-rapper and Christian rock/metal lover! I'm sticking with the 2% here!
98% of people have 98% and 2% in their signature. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your sig.

#5 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:07 PM

well theres 3-4ish choices now.

1) any of the 3 tippmanns out now, the 98C (custom too, but not triumphs), the A5, and the X7.,

2) an old spyder. now.....now...i know......im gonna get flamed.... lol but ive done a m4 spyder, another has done an mp5 sd spyder, aug spyder, and the MR series can do as well.

3) an automag. best of the choices IMO, its mechanical, can be modded to pneumag, can be fitted into AR bodies, MG bodies, M14 stocks, et cetera, can be used for all purposes, including the Hammer, can take many upgrades, but it is already excellent out of the box, so the only real upgrades would be level 10 bolt, but you want to run co2, take the ones that have classic valves, those are the ones to take co2, the rest, needs hpa.

the worr machine is just a wgp spyder clone.

This post has been edited by CamoDeafie: 13 August 2007 - 06:09 PM

Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#6 User is offline   Mayonnaise 

• Not sure what I am!
  • PipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:11 PM

I was considering an automag, but not seriously. I know the Tac one has an X-valve, but which of the mags has a classic valve, or which one can be fitted to it?

#7 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:13 PM

they all can accept classic valves.
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#8 User is offline   Custom Cowboy 

• Heavy Gunner in a Kilt
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Custom Cowboy

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:14 PM

An old(pre 97) autococker would work nicely. There are still internal upgrades and you can always throw on a T2W stock. Barrels are unlimited and they take CO2 like they were made for it(cuz they were)

Otherwise the Mag or Spyder will be your best bet. I take it that ROF isn't too big of a factor and thats a good thing, with CO2 high rates of fire can lower your lifespan on o-rings. I would say an old mag would probably do beautifully for you. A 68 classic can be picked up for under $80 at some places I've seen.
www.shatteredangelspaintball.com

#9 User is offline   Incognito 

• Using Less Than 100 Paintballs A Day
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:18 PM

The Pro Classic Automag is a good bet. It has a classic valve and only costs $260 dollars.

~Quip~

This post has been edited by Quip: 13 August 2007 - 06:18 PM

~Christian Paintballer~CPPA Member #3565~Stock Class Paintballer~Automaggot~My Feedback
Posted Image
The Family: VSC Phantom, PGP, Classic Automag, Autococker, Pumpcocker
U.S. Army Infantry: Because Someone Needs to Take Out the Trash

#10 User is offline   Elemental 

• Remember, Remember the Fifth of November...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Elemental A5OG

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

Mag or Cocker.
IPB Image
IPB Image#27

#11 User is offline   Custom Cowboy 

• Heavy Gunner in a Kilt
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:59 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/68-Automag-Classic-upg...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Paint-Ball-Marker-Auto...1QQcmdZViewItem

#12 User is offline   paintslinger99 

• ITS NOT AN ION!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:paintslinger99

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:07 PM

an automag is exactly what you are talking about they rock so hard its unbelievable.

#13 User is offline   Mayonnaise 

• Not sure what I am!
  • PipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:10 PM

So an automag can be converted to a milsim body too? And whats the ROF with a 68/pro classic with a classic valve?

#14 User is offline   Custom Cowboy 

• Heavy Gunner in a Kilt
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:15 PM

You can probably waste those Cyborg toting fools with an almighty 7-8 bps. Maybe even 6.

#15 User is offline   Mayonnaise 

• Not sure what I am!
  • PipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

That works for me. I'd only use that for suppressing fire as well. I'm thinking strongly about an Automag, but like I said, it will be a while till I buy it, so keep em coming.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users