• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ghillie suits? help me out please Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   derf573 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:34 AM

ok im kinda a nood a noob to snipering and i want a ghillie but i have a few questions? i live near flordia and georgia and what type of ghillie suit should i get? woodlands ect... and also where should i get it like the special ops ghillie or a burlap ghillie or what?

#2 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:44 PM

Make your own. Do not buy one. A company that makes them doesn't know where you play at. And besides if you don't have the patience to make a ghillie, how are you going to have the patience to play the sniper mindset?

#3 User is offline   E Z 

• Beyaw
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:E Z Magic

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:10 PM

i pretty much made mine. look at the bottem of this page

This post has been edited by E Z: 03 June 2007 - 10:11 PM

ADD ME ON XBOX LIVE "xX 08 EGO Xx"
Just say you are from the forums when you add me.

#4 User is offline   derf573 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:02 AM

i mean i can make 1 but i dont know what pattern or anything and i dont wanna just end up looking retarded with rows or difrent threads

#5 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:41 AM

derf573, on Jun 1 2007, 11:34 AM, said:

ok im kinda a nood a noob to snipering and i want a ghillie but i have a few questions? i live near flordia and georgia and what type of ghillie suit should i get? woodlands ect... and also where should i get it like the special ops ghillie or a burlap ghillie or what?

I would think a woodland style (regardless of ghillie material) would suit you best in much of Florida, although I have seen some fairly barren looking areas there. If you use bushrag, you can cut the material shorter, and spread out your ties, which would lighten the ghillie. There are several synthetic bushrag materials available now which are lighter, and even water repellent, as well as leaf-style ghillies or hunting suits which are more lightweight and cooler. If you buy a pre-made bushrag style ghillie or a kit, you can remove and add bushrag material as suits your particular environment, and order more of particular colors separately. Bushrag ghillies are also a little easier to add field improvised camouflage to. The kits come with instructions, and more examples and instructions are available on the web.

You don't have to invest in a ghillie suit to play the sniper role, but a couple of sniper veils are very useful to cover your marker, head, and shoulders, plus they are easier to conceal until you need them, cooler, and useful for other field applications.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Swamp Thing 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SwampThing666

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:06 AM

I have been playing sniper for a few months now.

I started out with a Jute Ghillie Suit. Way to heavy and it was like a pancho so I found it difficult to crawl in.

As far as color. I think you have to ask a few questions

What position will you be fireing from? If you intend to move and flank usein stelth what colors the primary colors of your field above ground level? You need to try and match that as best you can. Don't use all one color vary it up but use more of the color that is in the enviornment.

On the other hand if you plan on being a person who fires from a prone position you need to match the ground to blend in. I manly like to fire from the prone bosition so even though their is alot of green on my field it is high up and there is a bed of dead leaves on the ground so I make my suit mostly brown on the back. On the other hand I made the front a little more green so when I am in a upright position it blends in better when viewed from the direction I am faceing.

I personally like SO action Ghillie as it has good freedom of movement and has a good 3d effect.

Swamp

Captain Underground Mod Shop Special Operations Guerrillas U.M.S.S.O.G.
SPPL 2nd Place Rookie Division 2008 @ Bearclaw
Executive Officer of the 352nd Panzenjagers OK D Day (2008)
CO of the 709th Artillerie Regiment, OK D Day (2009)

#7 User is offline   derf573 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:37 PM

Warpaint, on Jun 4 2007, 12:41 PM, said:

derf573, on Jun 1 2007, 11:34 AM, said:

I would think a woodland style (regardless of ghillie material) would suit you best in much of Florida, although I have seen some fairly barren looking areas there. If you use bushrag, you can cut the material shorter, and spread out your ties, which would lighten the ghillie. There are several synthetic bushrag materials available now which are lighter, and even water repellent, as well as leaf-style ghillies or hunting suits which are more lightweight and cooler. If you buy a pre-made bushrag style ghillie or a kit, you can remove and add bushrag material as suits your particular environment, and order more of particular colors separately. Bushrag ghillies are also a little easier to add field improvised camouflage to. The kits come with instructions, and more examples and instructions are available on the web.

You don't have to invest in a ghillie suit to play the sniper role, but a couple of sniper veils are very useful to cover your marker, head, and shoulders, plus they are easier to conceal until you need them, cooler, and useful for other field applications.

o ok well you know the netting they use around speedball that black stuff? well i think ill have to use that to attach the thread will that work and i have 70 to spend on it is that enough?

#8 User is offline   wolf359 

• Gabriel Artis
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:wolf359

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

Dude,

If your in Florida don't go with Burlap you will Melt. I reccomend using the CAMOLEAF, but I agree with HeadshotPhantom make your own!

:ghillie:

Attached File  big_foot.jpg (55.43K)
Number of downloads: 19

My buddy has a suit made of this stuff and the only thing you can see is a sometimes a glare from his mask lense. Works great here in Colorado.

Remember - ONE SHOT, ONE KILL

This post has been edited by wolf359: 04 June 2007 - 04:57 PM

#9 User is offline   Grimm Reaper 

• Don't Fear The Reaper
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:2nd Recon

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:43 PM

I agree too make your own

Don't Fear the Reaper

#10 User is offline   rajiv 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:44 PM

YANK AGAIN! -Tenacious

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users