• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best Footwear for Woodsball Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   MeDiC434 

• MeŠiC
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:52 AM

I've been using the Converse 8877 tactical boots for 3 years now. I like them better than the Oakley SI boots and they are much cheaper. The 8877 are the waterproof 8" version. They have very aggressive traction. Honestly, they feel like you are wearing gym shoes!

#47 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:39 AM

I found a place online that had X-talon 240s for $30 so I went ahead and ordered a pair.

They.
Are.
Excellent.

Thanks Krazy 8, I wouldn't have known about these without you. I think I'm going to look into getting some of the low-tops, next.
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

#48 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

Combat boots dont tend to work at their best in paintball due to the one major difference,

Paintball ISN'T combat. :P

paintball is built much more around agility where combat boots are much more stable in various environments.
For the most part. unless your paying for top end boots, any other "combat" boot in the same price range as a cleat will be stiff, unflexible, hot and sweaty and generally a heavier boot.

#49 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

$30?? :blink:

Tell me where and I shall enjoy them as well!

Share the knowledge!

Oh....you are welcome...glad you like them.
The next thing you might like for them...or any shoe for that matter would be the Debris Soc 38. Great idea they have for keeping sticks and stones out of you shoes during use. Absolutley one of my most valued items for woodsball.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 03 March 2011 - 11:41 PM

#50 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:42 AM

View PostKrazy8, on 04 March 2011 - 02:38 AM, said:

$30?? :blink:

Tell me where and I shall enjoy them as well!

Share the knowledge!

Oh....you are welcome...glad you like them.
The next thing you might like for them...or any shoe for that matter would be the Debris Soc 38. Great idea they have for keeping sticks and stones out of you shoes during use. Absolutley one of my most valued items for woodsball.

I ordered them last week and played with them once (free overnight delivery)... I loved them and actually received them (was a bit sceptical that I would) so I intended to post the add, but it's no longer up. Either they were liquidating their last stock and sold out or it was a mistake.

In the future, if I see another sale like that, I'll post up asap.
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

#51 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:09 AM

I am thinking about replacing my dead X Talon 212's with the new Bare Grip 200.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Same super light weight, but with a more aggresive tread pattern and looks to be a far more reenforced toe area. The toe is what is finally giving up the ghost on my 212's. After two seasons the out layer is shot. The inner nylon is still good and Ihave been considering Shoe Goo the fix the toes...but the Bare Grip just hit the shelves and I am very interested in trying it out.

#52 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

Ohhhh... those look mean. If you get some, let me know how they wear.

#53 User is offline   D Monster 

• Solider of Misfortune
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:D Monster

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

Converse Tactical Boots.
Yes they exist.
I have been wearing these for years....big fan of them.
Waterproof, good traction and light weight.
"If ya gonna be dumb, ya better be tough." My Da

I am a Disposable Hero...I get handed a job, I do the job. Shiny?
Posted Image

#54 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:55 AM

I forgot about this thread...
The soles are literally falling off my Bates boots now (they've lasted me at least 4 years though). Hopefully the local outdoor sports store will have some of these things.

Just wish they had some purple ones...

This post has been edited by Pirate: 24 March 2011 - 04:57 AM

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#55 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:29 AM

you might be able to find a pair of purple soccer cleats.

#56 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:43 PM

Soccer cleats are no good when you get onto buildings or rocks.
I just bought a pair of Salomon XA Pro's. A couple friends of mine (who are all runners, two of which have Cross Country scholarships to Division 1 schools) swear by Salomon shoes. That's about all the company does (these and Ski stuff). I tried on a pair, and they fit like a glove. That's rare for my weird feet.

They don't quite have the cleat that some of the Inov8's do, but they definitely have more than the Bates boots I used to wear. Plus, local dealer so if I have any issues I can take them back. Always a plus.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Pirate: 30 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#57 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

If they are a xtreme trail running shoe then I think ou will be happy no matter the brand.

The added grip and flexability is the most amazing thing when you are playing the scenario rec game.

Key for us is the all around traction tah works good everywhere.

No matter what you choose though....watch the building entrances. Players tend to try and be Ollie and snap shoot the doors, the attackers rain paint on the door frame and the floor becomes a traction night mare. The only thing that would offer traction in that location would be logging corks!
I ate crap in Chicago trying to bunker Greg Hastings in a building. 2X6 threshold was covered with paint and the only wood on the dirt floor of the building...of course I stepped on it at a dead run while turning.
Nothing like landing on a slick 2X6, knocking the wind out of yourself and getting the crap shot out of you by an over compensating short ex pro player. To his credit he did ask if I was ok after I just rolled around in the dirt trying to breath!

He should be on my team at SuperGame, maybe we should hog tie him and leave him in the DZ? :laugh:

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users