Special Ops Paintball: What is a good starting gun for daggers? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is a good starting gun for daggers? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:32 PM

wow diz that was the awesomest funny post ive ever read right after every thread in the sniper section
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#17 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:46 PM

Vibes are a good choice, it's fast, reliable, and from what I've read on pbreview, pretty light. It's cheap too, so you don't blow all your money on just the gun.
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#18 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:24 PM

View PostJonas, on Aug 8 2008, 01:46 AM, said:

Vibes are a good choice, it's fast, reliable, and from what I've read on pbreview, pretty light. It's cheap too, so you don't blow all your money on just the gun.

Yes, i would agree with that but the only problem ive seen with vibes and as well as SP-1's is the ASA. The local field rents them out now and it seems that the ASA's crack and leak after use after a few months of play. Given its being used as a rental isnt saying its being treated well, but we do keep them clean externally as well as internally.

Just my .02
Boss Paintball

#19 User is offline   The6thKamikaze 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

Anything light and fast. I prefer my little Proto Matrix Rail, light as a feather, and fastest shooting marker for the price range. If you're into Tippmann I'd suggest the new 98 Custom Platinum with E-Grip and get a Cyclone for it or some other good hopper.
The 6th Kamikaze of Battlefront Paintball!

#20 User is offline   jake9095 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

something light and something small

#21 User is offline   PB MERC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

View PostST1EV2EN3, on 11 July 2008 - 02:11 AM, said:

I'm new to paint ball and don't know much about all the guns. I've been researching all sorts of guns for a few hours now, but there's just too many possibilities. I do know that the dagger position is the one for me, so I need something light I guess. I'd really appreciate your opinion.

i would start with a tippmann or a spyder (xtra) they both are small light reliable and upgradable. and thheyy wont breaak the bank either. i play dagger most of the time love it! i use a tippman carver one, 48ci tank and 12in carbon fiber barrel, it light and reliable. its totally upgradable and dependable, and remember its not how maany ballls youu shoot but how accurate your are with your shots. i only carry one full hopper and 2 140 round tubesand thats more thenn ii nneed for one game. hope its helps.

#22 User is offline   Warthog 

• Highlanders X.O.
  • PipPip

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

BT-4 is affordable, dependable, and expandable. I bought one after playing my first paintball game 3 years ago, and I'm only just now moving on to a TM-7. The BT-4 served me without fail all that time.
---Lee
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   PB MERC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

View PostWarthog, on 15 August 2010 - 09:35 PM, said:

BT-4 is affordable, dependable, and expandable. I bought one after playing my first paintball game 3 years ago, and I'm only just now moving on to a TM-7. The BT-4 served me without fail all that time.

cool beans man, i feel the same way about my tippy. use what works for ya man, happy hunting.

#24 User is offline   Der Kartozeichner 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

Gravedig much?

Fairfield Republic - War Slots - Aid Slots
Tippmann Owners Club #119

#25 User is offline   Rathje 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rathje

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:21 PM

For any paintballer, a good starting gun is an affordable, but reliable gun.

Used Automags are great for this (but I disagree that they're optimal Dagger guns - a classic Automag is freaking HEAVY). Old Tippmann Pro-Lites are good too. You can get both for fairly cheap online. If you want something new, an Azodin Kaos or Blitz will be a good choice.

Honestly, a dedicated Dagger is going to want a super-light gun. One of the speedball guns in the 200.00 to 400.00 range should fit the bill nicely.

But if you're a beginner, that means you aren't there yet. You're better off with a cheap and reliable gun to start with.

Oh, and if you want to get into pump guns, I'd say a used Trracer off eBay is the best purchase for a beginner (it'll usually run about $50.00). Just make sure it comes with a feedneck attachment and velocity adjustment option (some don't have them). If you want a new pump for cheap, the Empire Trracer pump is the best option, although the Tippmann SL-68 and Azodin Kaos Pump are good too. Don't spring for a Phantom or tricked out Autococker pump until you're sure you like pump play.

#26 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

The OP is from July 2008 and is ST1EV2EN3's one and only post. I submit to you that this thread has either done it's job or is no longer relevant and, either way, should not be necroed again.
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

#27 User is offline   Rathje 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rathje

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

Ummm...

If you haven't noticed, there AREN'T any other threads on this forum. This if the top topic on the forum.

No one is in this forum. No one is posting to this forum. The forum is nearly comatose.

So why on earth does it matter if people are pulling up old posts and updating them with new information for whoever happens to be reading?

Edit: I just read the other response. In future I'll simply start a new topic instead of necro-ing an old discussion.

This post has been edited by Rathje: 03 March 2011 - 08:34 AM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users