• You cannot reply to this topic

Velocity Adjustment Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   schuby 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SCHUBY

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:14 PM

Ok, so I'm not a total newb paintballer(been going for maybe 2 years), but I don't do maintenance well, plus I got my A-5(first gun) last summer and thus far have had no problems with it therefore no reason to figure out how to do maintenance on it. So I have a question: For some reason at the last game I was at, I could not for the life of me adjust the velocity. It stayed at about 230 the entire time...I tightened it, and it didn't go down, and I loosened it to where if I had done it any more it would have fallen out. Now I didn't bother trying to figure out the problem, cause 230 is enough to shoot people. So I kept playing. I thought about it later, and I realized that I'm using a low pressure tank, but have no low pressure regulator or whatever on my gun. So is that the reason it wouldn't adjust? There just wasn't enough air going through? Or is it a more sinister problem...

Thanks, Schubert
My SpecOps feedback: Here.
My MCB Feedback: Here.

#2 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:41 PM

I see you failed to do your Homework about the usage of HPA and Tippmanns.

An LPK (Low Pressure Kit) is needed for an A5 when using a Low Pressure HPA Tank in which the Output Pressure is 400-450 psi...in other words, your A5 was gasping for air.

And since you already have an LP Tank, you might as well get the LPK, so other than that....sell the LP Tank and get an HP Tank.

#3 User is offline   schuby 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:45 PM

I knew that I needed some kind of LPK...thats what I meant by regulator, sorry bout that. But seeing as I'm a poor high school student, will having a low pressure tank do any harm(to the gun, to the tank, etc.)? I mean, I know my gun will be "gasping for air" as you put it, but I played a full day with it gasping, and it sure as hell didn't affect it much. As I said, 230fps is plenty for me. Sooner or later I'm going to upgrade to a low pressure gun, but until then...will what I'm doing work? Also, will using a remote do anything different?

#4 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:10 PM

Nope. The only way to make it work on low pressure is to get a low pressure kit. Your best bet, with Tippmann discontinuing the LPK is to get a High Pressure tank.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#5 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:11 AM

You can buy a CO2 tank in the meantime as a cheap alternative. If you're fine with 230 then that's just fine. It won't hurt the marker. There's no real performance advantage to having a low pressure marker when running HPA. It's generally quieter, and you can eat a little further into your HPA tank.

If you have a pro shop, see if they're willing to make a swap. Often times they don't mind exchanging LP for HP regulators.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#6 User is offline   schuby 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for the pro shop idea. I think I'll try that. And hopefully, I'll get some crazy influx of money, so I can get a new gun, which sounds like a better option than buying a low pressure kit(I can just sell my A-5 to someone).

#7 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:25 PM

View PostJackRock, on May 8 2008, 11:10 PM, said:

Nope. The only way to make it work on low pressure is to get a low pressure kit. Your best bet, with Tippmann discontinuing the LPK is to get a High Pressure tank.

Say what, theyre going to discontinue the LPK!

Man, thats gonna suck for those wanting to Slightly Quiet Down their Tippy.

#8 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:03 PM

lol'd.
word of wisdom, if looking into a new gun, the only advice you need are these three letters. M...A... and G.

best mechanical semi (if the RT pro can even be called a semi...) ever.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users