• You cannot reply to this topic

problem i am having with a 98c

#1 User is offline   Boonie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Boonie3

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:00 AM

i have just bought a bt 16 tactial to use the barrel and the adjustable sight/carry handle on my tippmann 98c. also note the barrel sight was missing on the bt 16 barrel. so i bought a m-16 front sight for a x7 (tippmann parts said it would fit) and had to drill out the mounting hole to fit on the bt 16 barrel. my problem is the marker shoots low really bad. do they make different hight on the front sights or do i need to buy a weaver sight rail to mount the carry handle on? (so it would raise the adj sight/carry handle) this sucks really bad because i have waited for a long time to add these mods to my tippmann and now it doesent work. any help would be very much apprecated.

#2 User is offline   twisted ion 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:58 AM

Do not use the look of the MilSim parts to aim is the best thing you can learn. You will, with time, learn how the marker will perform and adjust your aim by shot recognition.
Posted Image
www.dmeyerspb.com

#3 User is offline   Boonie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

View Posttwisted ion, on Nov 23 2009, 07:58 AM, said:

Do not use the look of the MilSim parts to aim is the best thing you can learn. You will, with time, learn how the marker will perform and adjust your aim by shot recognition.

what is the point of all the cool stuff if it dont really work? i am used to shooting rifles and handguns. i know markers are not that accurate but i would like to at least hit the target i am aiming at. this thing is hitting about 3 or 4 feet below the target. What is shot recognition?

#4 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

View PostBoonie, on Nov 23 2009, 08:55 PM, said:

View Posttwisted ion, on Nov 23 2009, 07:58 AM, said:

what is the point of all the cool stuff if it dont really work? i am used to shooting rifles and handguns. i know markers are not that accurate but i would like to at least hit the target i am aiming at. this thing is hitting about 3 or 4 feet below the target. What is shot recognition?

The point is to make your marker look cool. Shot recognition is learning where your paint will go without really aiming. Learning to aim down the barrel is your best bet.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#5 User is offline   Boonie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:45 AM

well i tried it out yesterday morning it shoots a lot better. i am just so used to shooting firearms that it comes naturally to aim with the sights.

#6 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:22 AM

Paintballs don't fly like bullets, so normal sites aren't as useful. Sighting down the barrel is great. If you have a semi, you can "walk your shots in", ie fire once, see where it lands and readjust aim accordingly.

I play pump and can't do the walk my shot in, so i use a Ghost Ring usually. Hollow tube you put on top of your marker. No magnification. Just gives you a general idea of the area of where your shot will go. Not exact or anything. Just can help for quick sighting

Posted Image

Posted Image

They can be bought for cheap, or made out of a used empty 12 gram.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#7 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:37 AM

I have a 98 that is modded like a real rifle as well and you have to understand that paintball guns arent real firearms. I know you know that but what I mean is, when you pick up your real firearm, I bet you can generally aim your gun with no problem and know where the shot will go. This is cause you have become comfortable with your gun. Same goes for paintball. Just continue using your 98, and you'll be able to pick it up and put a ball on target within 3-5 shots easily. Its all about knowing your marker.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#8 User is offline   commander bond 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

View PostBoonie, on Dec 2 2009, 04:45 AM, said:

well i tried it out yesterday morning it shoots a lot better. i am just so used to shooting firearms that it comes naturally to aim with the sights.

Using the sights also obstructs your view of the paintball flight. Took me a while to learn this.

#9 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

That ghost ring is cool, never saw one before. Looks just like MP5 sight without the tabs.

You can aim with your sights in paintball, and it does work, it's just not going to be precise like with your guns. What it does (like Legato's ghost ring) is give you an idea where your paint is going.

When you get used to your gun you'll be able to fire without them at all pretty well. Good enough in fact. But even then using sights will give you a little bit better idea where your paint will hit. You'll line up your sights and you'll be able to guestimate based on how far away your shooting, "Oh it's gonna drop way down" so you adjust your elevation, at other ranges the hop up will have your paint about level with your sights, and other ranges your paint will be hopping right up over your sights - see what I mean?

I use an optic sight myself. Works just like the ghost ring except you've got a little red dot in the middle that gives you slightly better idea where the paints going. But again NEVER an exact point that it's going to hit. That just can't be done with paintballs. It gives me a REALLY good reference point though. When lobbing paint it lets me know that my barrell is centered on my target, so I can guestimate the elevation and know that I'm not shooting too far left or right. Then when I shoot, some of the paintballs fly WAY too far right and left anyway because they're paintballs, but most of them fall withing feet of the guy and usually within 3 to 5 shots at least one of them lands right on the guy. Where as point and shooting in the same situation I would have been trying to walk in my shot could've taken 10 shots or more mybe by time I got it right he's already taken cover.

I've been in shootouts that I know I would not have won (or would not have won as quickly) if I weren't aiming. The point of my rant is this. Everybody says that sights are useless in paintball just because they don't work perfectly but the fact of the matter is this: No they don't give a precise aimpoint, but they do give you a reference point. And it's always better to have a reference point than it is to not have a reference point. I don't care if your shooting a sling shot, your going to hit your target in fewer shots if you try to get your eye behind that rock, and pull it back evenly between the sticks and line your target up behind the rock. There's no projectile flinging device in the world that is so in accurate that it's more accurate when NOT aimed.

Bottom line: it doesn't matter if your "sight" is an optical device, metal tabs on top of your gun, a ghost ring, or just putting your head against the side of your marker so you're looking down the barrel, aiming will always work better than not aiming. So get out there play some paintball, and keep using those sights. Play without them sometimes to see what difference it makes. You'll probably find that in fast paced close or medium range shootouts it might not be worth the time to line up those sights. Aiming pays off best for me in ambushes, flanking and paint lobbing. Also if you've got a stock you can brace your head against the stock and brace the stock against your shoulder, this will force your head, your shoulders, and your gun all to move as one which will allow you to move pretty quickly and sweep your gun back and forth without losing your aim/reference point, it's not like the video games where you have to slow down to a near crawl just to aim at all. Oh and you'll need some decent situational awareness to do this without tripping over every rock that gets in your way, just make sure there aren't any deep holes nearby when you're starting out. Shooting on the move against armed live targets is a whole different world from the range, even with actuall firearms people's range accuracy tends to go out the window in hurry in the field, so never expect the same results you get on the range in paintball. Yep....

Guess I'm done...

Peace!
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users