Special Ops Paintball: SpecOps / Stiffi C-Series Barrel "Blackcell" - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SpecOps / Stiffi C-Series Barrel "Blackcell" A review Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mourning Wind 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MouringWind

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:28 PM

Firstly let me give you my specs...

Product Being Reviewd: C-Series 12" Barrel
Marker: Tippman A-5
Upgrades: SpecOps folding stock + RT Trigger
Velocity: 270 - 280
Paint: Marbs
Conditions: Muddy, not humid, 55 degrees

Review:
I have purchased a number of products from SpecOps and have always been happy with the quality. So when I went shopping for a new straight barrel to replace my Flatline for the winter months I naturally stoped here first.

What I found and ended up buying was the C-Series 12" Barrell by SpecOps/Stiffi.

Firstly, let me say how impressed I was at how little this barrel weighs. Less then 1 pound (my bathroom scale read 0 :D ) Also, the E-Glass inner lining of the barrel is slick. 90% of the paint from a break can be cleaned out by dry firing.

However, like any barrel, you still need to squeegie after a break. This is made much easier upgrading from the flatline wich CAN NOT be removed in the field to squeegie. You have to rely on a straight shot.

I dont have specific accuracy numbers to show (I'm not that dedicated) but I did notice that with a clean barrel, 14 of 15 landed in about a 2 foot circle at about 40 to 50 yards. With a break however it hooks like an Apex.

If you haven't noticed, I have problems breaking paint. Now I fully believe that this is due, mainly to the type of paint, and time of year (weather). But I bought this barrel for specifically foul weather like rain and cold winter conditions.

I was very pleased with the seemingly impervious-ness (making up words now) to moisture (water) in the barrel when shooting. With all the paint I was breaking I had to use water to clean the barrel a few times.

I even tripped when running to the next forward bunker and, aside from landing flat on my face, drove the barrel into the ground. It shoots a very nice mud ball if you ever do this. :dodgy: But no damage to the structual intergrety of the barrel.

Now let me talk about the tips...

While I was impressed with the barrel, I was not as pleased with the tips. They are for show only. They serve no functional use at all. They also screw onto the end of the barrel. Now, the barrel is large enough as it is being 0.691 (I believe). This thing screws on to the end and is even larger.

This creates two problems:
1) When you squeegie the barrel "most" squeegies are not large enough to squeegie this part. so the paint accumulates on the lip. This causes the following paintballs to pick up a nice coating of paint on the bottom of the ball, skewing the shot.
2) That when tracking a fast player there is the potential of the ball striking the tip as it leavs the barrel. While rare, this forces you to keep the velocity of the shots around 280.

As tips go, I would recommend getting one of the smaller ones like the dagger tip. This would provide the smallest chance of the latter happening. I would love to see SpecOps produce a small ring that would cove the threads at the end of the barrel and not extend past the muzzel.

Conclusion:
I am pleased with the barrel and will continue to use it as my foul/winter weather barrel. However I may toss the tip...

Please do not be offended if I do not respond to your questions right away. I am not yet addiced to forums... :comp:

#2 User is offline   JSC_liason_neo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2006 - 11:34 PM

thanks for the heads up, mine is on the way
Supporting
Paintballsports.com.au / Blast Radius Podcast / Webdog Radio
Woodsball in Adelaide, SA, Australia

#3 User is offline   alittletippy 

• AlItTlEtIpPy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:alittletippy

Posted 01 December 2006 - 09:36 PM

bought time we see a c-series review. thanks for the review. Sounds like these are going to be good barrels.
My Feedback
AIRHOG'S CUSTOM WORKS-CHECK THEM OUT
Tippy's,Thor,Punisher,Punisher CQB,BAKEMONO

#4 User is offline   salad 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tater not salad any more

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:25 PM

any chance i can get one i cocker threds for the freestyle?
IF WE CANT DO IT THEN IT DOSENT NEED TO BE DONE
IPB Image
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If your one of the few that stay true to metal, put this in your signature!

#5 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:screemindemon

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:43 PM

Thanks! I was waiting for one of these. How quiet is this thing compared to a regular barrel and compared to a normal stiffi if you had one before. Thanks!

#6 User is offline   Mourning Wind 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MouringWind

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:55 PM

View Postnoobiekilla, on Dec 5 2006, 05:43 PM, said:

Thanks! I was waiting for one of these. How quiet is this thing compared to a regular barrel and compared to a normal stiffi if you had one before. Thanks!

I have only ever used the flatline barrel. The flatline is significantly louder, but I believe that my have something to do with the lack of porting.

Although, with an RT trigger, mine is the loudest marker on the field. But thats how I like it!

:angry:

#7 User is offline   Fallschirmjager Scharfuhrer 

• Links zwo drei vier Links!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CO Fiss

Posted 08 December 2006 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the info I decided on the 14" and it is on the way this Christmas,
however the most interesting topic concerning your review is the barrel tips, It is exactly what I was trying to find info on. I ordered the C-series "Typhoon" barrel tip, (for show) I will admit. However I doubt that the ball would seriously hit the tip during a sweep. Thanks for the Info I Have been in need of a good "normal" barrel,

all I have is a A-5 flatline, apex, and stock barrel.

Thanks for the review.
Meine Ehre HeiBt Treue!

#8 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:27 PM

Thanks wind, so what you are saying is it is not much quieter than a regular barrel?

#9 User is offline   Rip 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:El Diablo

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:52 PM

Great review, i can't wait to get mine in the mail
hi i love paintball. do you?
Put this in Your sig if there was a fire in your house and your paintball gear would be the first thing you grab.[b][color=#33CC00]

#10 User is offline   evo32 

• EVO32
  • Pip

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:03 PM

finally someone did a review thanks. really good review too. already ordered mine, a 14incher, but its backordered so i will prob. get it around a week or 2 after christmas! i only have the stock barrel on my a-5 so this will be my first upgrade then a dogleg stock a few weeks later when they are finaly not backordered and send it out to me.
bit to late for me unfortenatly, i ordered the devastator tip but i will see how it goes with the tip and such and will post it up here for everyone else.

EVO32

#11 User is offline   Rip 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:El Diablo

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:21 PM

So you can squeegee these? Becauseause I know that you can't with regular stiffi's.
hi i love paintball. do you?
Put this in Your sig if there was a fire in your house and your paintball gear would be the first thing you grab.[b][color=#33CC00]

#12 User is offline   tripwire97701 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 December 2006 - 01:24 PM

I ordered mine but they are on backorder all of a sudden. They said it will take around 2-3 weeks to get them in which sucks!

#13 User is offline   empiregeneral 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EmpireGeneral

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:11 PM

View PostRip, on Dec 21 2006, 07:21 PM, said:

So you can squeegee these? Becauseause I know that you can't with regular stiffi's.

G4 says no, Coroner says yes. Both from SpecOps, both have different answers, hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

#14 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2006 - 03:57 PM

I am guessing you can because it isnt carbon fiber in the part you squeegee.

#15 User is offline   Pzippy 

• Future Pope
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pzippy

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:05 PM

View PostRip, on Dec 21 2006, 10:21 PM, said:

Yes, you can. The inside is e-glass, not CF like regular squeeges.
AO Search HEMOG

I WANT YOUR XBOX 360!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users