• You cannot reply to this topic

SpecOps Fusion Pants

#1 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:28 PM

I've done reviews on Omnipat before, but I think the Fusion Pants deserve special recognition.

I wore my Fusions on my recent hunting trip. The pants were an absolute lifesaver. The brush was incredibly thick, and there were tons of stickers and thorns. The thick paneling on the Fusion pants deflected everything I threw at it. I had absolutely no qualms about just wading through a bush with these pants. In not a single instance did anything penetrate them or even get stuck in them. They completely protected my legs, and came down over the top of my boots and kept anything from snagging my laces, either. They came out without a scratch, and so did I, thanks to them.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#2 User is offline   BlackHawkLDR 

• BLACKHAWKS INBOUND!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BlackHawkLDR

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Feb 23 2009, 04:28 PM, said:

I've done reviews on Omnipat before, but I think the Fusion Pants deserve special recognition.

I wore my Fusions on my recent hunting trip. The pants were an absolute lifesaver. The brush was incredibly thick, and there were tons of stickers and thorns. The thick paneling on the Fusion pants deflected everything I threw at it. I had absolutely no qualms about just wading through a bush with these pants. In not a single instance did anything penetrate them or even get stuck in them. They completely protected my legs, and came down over the top of my boots and kept anything from snagging my laces, either. They came out without a scratch, and so did I, thanks to them.

Good, now I aint too scared to buy em now, seeing as someone posted a helpful review. thanks Wolf!

#3 User is offline   alittletippy 

• AlItTlEtIpPy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:alittletippy

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

warden if you dont mind me asking, what size do you wear? the reason i ask is I am thinking about getting them, but not sure after looking at spec ops sizing charts. I wear a size 32x34 in jeans so i am afraid they may be to short as i wear ankle high boots versus a taller military style boot. any info you have on sizing would be great.
My Feedback
AIRHOG'S CUSTOM WORKS-CHECK THEM OUT
Tippy's,Thor,Punisher,Punisher CQB,BAKEMONO

#4 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

i wear a 32 32 pant, and i have 2 pairs of the larges, they will drag on the ground if i dont tighten them, so they should fit you just fine

#5 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:20 AM

In regards to our sizing chart...please keep in mind that "American Sizing" seems to want to "flatter" the customer, meaning that the sizes given on most clothing is not the same as a persons measurements. The sizing we give are actual measurements, so you should actually measure your waist and inseem and compare that to our sizing as opposed to just looking for the measurements that match your other clothing.

Warden Wolf...glad to hear the Fusion Pants worked so well for you! Thanks for the review.

#6 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:18 PM

I wear medium pants and a large jersey. I'm on the upper end for the medium pants, and they fit me well. Remember: you can always wear a belt, but if you get them too small it's either lose weight or buy the right size. Ideally, you want the smallest size that will fit you properly if you're in between sizes, though. Unless you expect to gain weight, you should probably go smaller. For people who are still growing in other ways besides horizontal, sizing up may be the best choice.

A note on vest sizing: when choosing a vest size, if you're in between sizes it's typically better if the vest is a bit short instead of hanging too long. Shorter won't impede movement. Longer will, and it may hang so low that the built-in elastic belt may not be able to help support its weight. You want a body-conforming fit that won't flop around. Ideally, the elastic belt should go around your belly, and be above your waist. Most vests have semi-adjustable shoulders, so you can always adjust to your liking.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 31 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"

#7 User is offline   alittletippy 

• AlItTlEtIpPy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:alittletippy

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

ok so i think then i should get large pants. I wear a shirt size large, would i be better getting an xl jersey or stick with the large?
My Feedback
AIRHOG'S CUSTOM WORKS-CHECK THEM OUT
Tippy's,Thor,Punisher,Punisher CQB,BAKEMONO

#8 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

i wear a large shirt size, and i have a large jersey.. fits great

#9 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:21 AM

SpecOps sizing != normal shirt sizing. Use their sizing chart and actually measure yourself. I wear an XL normal shirt, but a Large jersey. The differences in SpecOps sizes tends to be a lot more pronounced. For example, some of their medium stuff looks like it belongs on a 10 year old.

#10 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:17 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Apr 7 2009, 02:21 AM, said:

SpecOps sizing != normal shirt sizing. Use their sizing chart and actually measure yourself. I wear an XL normal shirt, but a Large jersey. The differences in SpecOps sizes tends to be a lot more pronounced. For example, some of their medium stuff looks like it belongs on a 10 year old.

You think so? I am 14 years old and 5 foot 3. I think that the smalls are big on me! I need to rubber band the Fusion 7 Pants to make sure I don't trip on them and my Ultralite jersey goes down about 6 inches past my waist.

#11 User is offline   Perinhawk 

• Will Work for Paintball Cash :)
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Perinhawk

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:17 PM

View PostW00DSBALL 5N1P3R, on Apr 7 2009, 06:17 PM, said:

You think so? I am 14 years old and 5 foot 3. I think that the smalls are big on me! I need to rubber band the Fusion 7 Pants to make sure I don't trip on them and my Ultralite jersey goes down about 6 inches past my waist.

I have a small set of Marauders and the same thing happens to me.
Sorry if this is kind of off topic, but how is the combo of Fusion 7 pants and Ultralite shirt? I was going to buy that combo but I'd like another opinion (FYI I live in FL so heat/venting is a HUGE factor for me)

This post has been edited by Perinhawk: 13 April 2009 - 01:19 PM

"Paintball is my art, and your mask is my canvas"- Me
Addicted to Paint

#12 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:45 PM

View PostPerinhawk, on Apr 13 2009, 03:17 PM, said:

View PostW00DSBALL 5N1P3R, on Apr 7 2009, 06:17 PM, said:

I have a small set of Marauders and the same thing happens to me.
Sorry if this is kind of off topic, but how is the combo of Fusion 7 pants and Ultralite shirt? I was going to buy that combo but I'd like another opinion (FYI I live in FL so heat/venting is a HUGE factor for me)

Ok. I have the following: Fusion 7 Omnipat PANTS. Fusion battle JERSEY with black center and Fusion battle PANTS, both in SpecOps digi. And then a set of SpecOps digi Ultralites (Which are now ghillied).

What I can say is that it depends on how much you are diving and sliding around. My suggestion:

Fusion Pants because they will almost never rip on you (IMO) and when a slight breeze rolls by, it feels great.
Ultralite jersey (unless you crawl a lot). I say this because I think the upper body heats up more and the Ultralite jersey breaths amazingly.

Hopefully this will help you out.

#13 User is offline   jake9095 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

special ops = the best

nice review

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic