• This topic is locked

Pump Discussion Thread V.1 Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:46 PM

View PostThe Last Man, on Oct 31 2007, 06:37 PM, said:

Nice to have this thread back up, my friends and I are getting into speed ball, so I have a question: Where is a pump more effective(back, mid, front)? Now positions in speedball, unlike woodsball(sniper anyone :dodgy), are more realistic, back man provides cover fire, front man goes in for the kill etc etc. I personally like the snake a lot, but I don't want to be a hindrance to my team.

On the new palmers marker, I like it, sort of milsim and a pump so its sweet + its brass. Legaqua has another brass marker on his list.

The new palmers is aluminum O believe. I read that in the thread on PbN. The picture you saw of it being yellow I think was anodized.

#17 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:11 PM

Seriously, what is the big deal about pump stroke... well, if you were autotriggering, I could see it leading to less motion and steadier shots, but especially for stock class players who are rocking between shots anyways, does a smoother pump stroke really make all that much of a difference for yall? I know for me it doesnt.. and the larger profile of the sniper-style pumps was far more irritating than the slightly lighter pump stroke warranted.

Lo

#18 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

for me, i prefer to have a smooth pump stroke, since it means that much less time pumping, and more time shooting and stalking :panzer: :D
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#19 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:52 PM

YAY!
hehe, and just so you know, I am the one that sudgestd we re-open this in the mod cave :P

So who can I send my sniper to, to tune it for me? I know nothing of cockers...
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#20 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:56 PM

any reasonablly priced airsmiths whose specialty is in autocockers :P but seriously, ask around, maybe if youre a member on Mcarterbrown as they always seem to have many people who works on snipers :) good examples that comes to mind would be pretty much all the older members on www.mcarterbrown.com/forums :D lol. think you just need to swap out springs and sweet spot the reg IF your sniper has a reg, to get better tuning. what era is it? heard pre-99 cocker bodies are more efficient than post-99 due to the whole air chamber volume thing (older cockers had smaller air chambers before the valve unit, and used sheridan styled springs compared to post 99 cockers which used nelson type springs and had larger air chambers for LP operation, not good for 12ies but fine for 3.5s)

This post has been edited by CamoDeafie: 31 October 2007 - 07:58 PM

ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach

#21 User is offline   Stang  

• Invictus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:00 PM

I'm not feeling the new Palmer's pump, it looks desperate for originality in my opinion.

-oh, and t0ast send it to me, I just can't promise that it will get tuned...or returned for that matter; btw when are you gonna add yourself to your sig?

This post has been edited by Stang : 31 October 2007 - 08:01 PM

#22 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:07 PM

I am lazy lol
and busy

My pump kit should be here tomorrow.... And I also need to find some screws for my frame...
I will try to find someone at the field to show me how to tune it...If not I might send it to one of you guys.
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#23 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:11 PM

one of us guys huh? :) :P shhhhh in the name of SOPC, we might claim it ;) :D hehehe so you have a cocker waiting for a pump kit eh? sweet :) anyone think Custom-Cowboy should try for a double barreled lever action trracer!? I am all for it as well :D and have the razorback bodies to offer :D lol check out the pump stuff i have in this linky Photobucket gallery!! and yes i have photos of my paintball pumps in there :) (among other things lol)
ex-gunwhore

#24 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

Sure, I'd be for a Nasty Lever action.. question is, one lever... or two?

hmm, that'd odd Camo.. I found I can pump my phantom (heavy stroke) and my sniper (light stroke) at the same speed, roughly... I just move the phantom around more when doing it..

Lo

#25 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

So I pretty much have the best Tiger Shark ever made. Shoots just under 300 fps, gets about 40 shots per 12 gram, PPS Brass barrel with wedgits so no rollouts, and now an anti-double feed (rubber nubbin from a Spyder). I just need to add a PPS Stab, maybe a bottom line setup, clean up the internals a bit... Ever heard of a better BE Tiger Shark? :P

#26 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

Laser Shark. its somewhere on a forum dedicated to the BE Tigershark owners something like Tigershark modifications owners group? i would do one lever pulling both bolts and single trigger shooting both markers, gotta figure how to make it so that it would have a single ASA (may have to tweak alot with the fittings?)

EDIT: its gone :( the tigerhsark modifications group is gone....they had several heavily modded sharks that were very very very nice for them :D (Laser shark had fully polished internals with enlarged powertube and the ability to hit 301 fps highest on un-regged co2)

This post has been edited by CamoDeafie: 31 October 2007 - 08:35 PM

ex-gunwhore

#27 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:38 PM

View PostCamoDeafie, on Oct 31 2007, 11:32 PM, said:

Laser Shark. its somewhere on a forum dedicated to the BE Tigershark owners something like Tigershark modifications owners group? i would do one lever pulling both bolts and single trigger shooting both markers, gotta figure how to make it so that it would have a single ASA (may have to tweak alot with the fittings?)

EDIT: its gone :( the tigerhsark modifications group is gone....they had several heavily modded sharks that were very very very nice for them :( (Laser shark had fully polished internals with enlarged powertube and the ability to hit 301 fps highest on un-regged co2)

BEOG went down. Unfortunately. :( I just wish I was better at pump play because I suck right now. Well... last time I played I was having terrible double-feed issues (hence why I did the Spyder nubbin mod) and then I got shot in the back by my own team... so I gave up and went to the Pro/Carbine. And with it's slow rate of fire (9lb trigger pull FTMFW!!) it's like using a pump. :D

#28 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:42 PM

i'd tell you to pump quicker, but man, with these sharks (i had 2 lol) its never the same story depending on the paintball....but i can say this, practice practice practice! did i mention, PRACTICE!? I started with a shark, did alot, preferred my spyders, then i got diablos, loved them, sold them, got razorbacks, played a bit with them, found i could play better with them, and then got the Bushmaster SI, did MUCH better, still working to get down to 10-round feed system so i can do much better (currently using 45rd wedge hoppers and or the vl90)
ex-gunwhore

#29 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

I'm going to strongly consider getting that new Palmers pump when it comes out, after it's finalized and I've heard reviews. Incidentally, does anyone know what size o-rings Sheridans use on their bolts? I know it's a standard stock I could get at a hardware store, but I need to know what size.

Oh, and for the record, I'll be helping keep an eye on the thread, too. It's nice to have this thread back, and I want it to STAY.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 31 October 2007 - 08:53 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#30 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:07 PM

So my old pump that was given to me is very weird. One day it will be fine and not leak. The next day it will and visa versa. If you havnt see it, do a search for blooksucker in the pump section and there is a thread about it. I thought it was a bloodsucker, but i guess it isnt :/

Share this topic:

• (1001 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users