• You cannot reply to this topic

goggle question something kinda weird..... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Souleater 

• Well, I HAD 300 posts....
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Village Idiot

Post icon  Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:59 PM

O.k., so i have a pair of JT goggles (just the basic kind-nothing special) and i've used em a few times and have, of course been hit right on the lens part of them. so i'm cleaning them off like they said to in the manual, and i'm noticing that some of the places were the paint either hit or splattered, that it looks like it's not coming off, but then a little while later, they looked o.k. This morning i had another look at them, and it looks likewhere the paintsplattered on it, it stained the lens (i.e.-when i tilt it up to the light i can still see where the paint hit, but it cannot be washed or wiped off). What is going on?? is this bad?? i read that paint can weaken the lense and was just wondering....
Posted Image
People who say anything is possible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of explosives and duct tape.
How's that for a contradiction?

#2 User is offline   redman 

• Redman
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:woodsballplayer01@yahoo.com

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:58 PM

how long did it take for you to clean them? You should always clean them as soon as you can as this can happen.
MY FEEDBACK Ebay feedback
Visit my team's website at WWW.PBTEAMWOW.COM

#3 User is offline   silent_assassin17 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:silent assassin17

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:00 PM

I have the lower end JT goggles as well and i had a similar problem. the way to fix it is take a klenex and buff the lens. I did that and its like new

#4 User is offline   jmmdagger 

• one shot one kill
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:jmmdagger

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:02 PM

well just try to look through them and if it doesnt make a difference then just dont mind it but if you still cant see or clean it then just call the factory.
(there shoud be a # on the back of the manual)

Jmm :blink:

#5 User is offline   Souleater 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:33 PM

"how long did it take for you to clean them"

I cleand the goggles immediately after we played (just like the manual said) with only warm water (just like the amnual said)
Posted Image
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of explosives and duct tape.

#6 User is offline   Slick 

• Rock And Roll Aint' Noise Pollution
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SantaSlick

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:34 PM

well, i'm not a total expert on goggles, but i remember a friend talking about his lenses being stained. the lenses are 2 pieces of plastic sanwiched together (this might be only for thermal lenses, but like i said, i'm no expert). so when you see a paint stain occuring, the reason you cant get the paint off of them is because the paint has soaked between the 2 layers of lenses. well, i noticed this happening on my JT lenses as well about a week ago after i came back from paintballing. i put them in the dishwasher for about... 5-10 minutes... something like that... i forgot, my mom did it for me. well... that seemed to work.

i heard Dawn dishsoap works wonders on most paintball products.

i hope this helps!

#7 User is offline   Souleater 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:00 AM

The goggles have only a one-piece lens (i took em out to try and clean it better). It's also supposedly has an "anti-fog" polycarbonate (although i guess all paintball lenses are polycarb.?)lense, so the manual lists all sorts of stuff youre not supposed to use to clean it. Although i did not notice just regular soaps and stuff- sounds to me more like stuff that would cause the lense to crack(windex,gasoline,etc.), so maybe i'll try some soap on it- although i don't know if i'll be sticking it in a dishwasher anytime soon <_<
Also, someone else here said i could buff it with a kleenex.hmmmm... maybe i'll try something like that too.
Any further help/comments on this still wanted.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   der51106 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:der51106

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:21 AM

well if you read your manual you'll also notic that it says to replace your lens if you get hit there even if it does not show any cracks.
a mind is a terrible thing to waste
but mindless people are simply discarded

#9 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:headhunter2

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:37 AM

I have never tried the dishwasher thing seems like it would make the lense weaker. I have played with a pair of goggles that had taken repeat hits to the lense and they cracked in two places when I took a head shot in a game. The owners manual says not to use anything but water to clean the lense of your goggles. Try placing the goggles in a bucket of water and letting them soak for awhile and see if that helps. I also don't recomend using a cleaner that has acid like dish soap.

-- Jason --
Invisible text club member #15 Every time you wipe paint God makes a new PETA member Adminion #12 My Feedback
If you play your own game of paintball using Spec ops as guidelines and not as "law of position", put this in your sig.

#10 User is offline   Darknight7119 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Knight 7119

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:17 AM

Your supposed to get a new lens if you get hit in the lens. I'd get e thermal if i were you. And a thermal is the one witht the two plastic sandwiched pieces. A regular lens is only one piece of plastic
Woodland 98c
Evil Pipe
Q-Loader
Dye HPA
Adco SureShot
Dye Sticky Grip
Maurader Camo
Dye I3

Official Ion Owner #3

#11 User is offline   Victor II 

• Aqua Teen FTW
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Victor II

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:35 AM

My brothers JT lenses did the same thing, he replaced them. I have never had this problem but I don't think it is a safety hazard.
PbForum .My Nation . Str8tballa #59 . My Markers . Feedback SpecOps PBN
. Official paintball snipers don't exist club member #1
High End Marker People member #10
Original Invisible Text Club Member #3

#12 User is offline   Hyperion 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hyperion

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:43 PM

I would never clean a lens with gasoline... besides it just being dumb it would probably end up making you high. You should just use warm water to clean them with... warm water and a soft towel. My profiler lense took a hit but the guy was so far away I didn't bother changing them... it was on the right side and I couldn't even feel the hit.. I just saw it. I would recommend you get thermal lenses though because antifog lenses are junk.

The only single pane lens I swear by is VForce.

#13 User is offline   The Joker 

• If you need any help just PM me and I'll do my best! TY
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dusterhoff

Posted 05 April 2006 - 02:22 PM

I would try this. Take a Kleanex and wipe the lense with it. What are you using to clean the mask with? DON'T use Windex, this WILL ruin certin lenses. Use a paintball spicific lense cleaner. If your still having problems after that I would use the Goo Gone brand cleaner on it. This should clean up the remaining paintball film. Hope this helps, peace

This post has been edited by The Joker: 05 April 2006 - 02:23 PM

#14 User is offline   BrutishOpus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:28 PM

its o.k. to use them there still safe, the ball just left a mark on the lens, remember a ball is going 200+ FPs so it will leave a mark, but if the lens is cracked or you took alot of balls around the same area then you should get a new lens

#15 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUESTIONFUL

Post icon  Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:34 PM

DON'T USE DISHWASHER SOAP ON YOUR LENSES!!!! I heard on the forums a few months ago that it weakens the plastic. I'm pretty sure it should say in the manual not to do it.

This post has been edited by questionful: 20 April 2006 - 06:34 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users