Special Ops Paintball: MASSIVE Maine Paintball Event? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MASSIVE Maine Paintball Event? Paintball in Maine, Flying Dutchman field. Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   AnnarchyVixen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SB Inquisitor Majori - Scourge

Post icon  Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:05 AM

Sorry if this is not the place to post this, ^.^; , I have been roaming around searching as to where I might be able to place such a topic, but anyways here it goes.

I am trying to organize a paintball game in Maine, but I want to make it as big as possible... The location is the FLying Dutchman field, if we can get enough people, like lets say 40-60 then we can rent out the entire woods and have a base vs. base woodsball game, hopefully an all-day event, or even better, continuing the game through the night and having an all-nighter due to size.

The field wont have enough guns to supply everybody that will show up, but you can get rental markers, they have a variety, they have a professional paintball shop, lounge with TV, a bathroom (yes this is important, hate outhouses, :blush: ), rental masks suits, paintballs, everything. But since they're supplies are limited, I highly recommend only renting if you don't have your own gear.

They have acres upon acres of field, Urban Assault, Castle Siege, Woodsball, Base vs. Base (using the entire woods)... So you can sit games out or go play in another field :P .

The spring is the perfect time to do this, as we are hitting nice warm 60-80 degree temperatures and bug population is minimal, as well as it wont be too hot, making all-day or over-night playing easy. If the numbers come up short as far as people goes, the Flying Dutchman field will call in their own team to play as well, making planning in advance highly important.

The woodsball game will have full forts and bunkers, I believe you can get 2 or more bases in there and you can also have a territory-war styled game as well, I have been there before and I loved it.. The woods are large, just a single course even, I cant even begin to imagine what a game of 25 on 25 or bigger would be, especially to have the entire woods to use.

NUMBERS ARE IMPORTANT, If the event winds up any smaller than 30 people, I dont think we will be able to have the entire woods and all the fields at our disposal only, they have had 100 vs. 100 before, so this should say something about their field size... If you have any questions or wish to participate just send me a message, I need to have the numbers set before I can choose a date :P .

Well um, please comment on this, I know Maine isn't the biggest state, but there are nearby states, and I would say to be able to play in an all-out-paintball-war would be worth a 3 hour trip ^.^ . I want to begin the game around 6-7 AM, and have orientation and set the ground rules up until 8 AM, then followed by about 30-45 minits to scout and explore the woods, pick teams, and get a feel of the playing field, there will be maps so you can do tactics as well, and walky talkies are always welcomed... You can use smoke grenades, paintball land mines, if we take the entire woods I think that we may even be able to use paintball tanks.

Well this is all I can think of for now, I'll be monitoring this post closely and my email as well. I have a goal in mind, and paintball is my passion, I wish to throw such an event, and I'll give plenty of advance so you can plan things out and fit it into your schedule, just remember, try your hardest to bring or buy your own gear, with such a size I am planning, rentals will run out fast, they may be able to supply 20-40 people, but try to remember of the lowest number, just encase.

Yes I am typing a crapload of words, and yes a crapload is a measurement in my books, lol. Whatever you do, do not wear something you love to death, and I even recommend spare clothes or jackets. I can't call the field until I have numbers, that way I can figure out cost and give better information.

This is your chance to play in a big game, this will be AMAZING!!! :laugh:

Please reply to this, and if I posted it in the wrong forum spot... Please move it, I just didn't see anywhere else on Spec Ops Paintball to post such a thing. ^.^;

#2 User is offline   Incognito 

• Using Less Than 100 Paintballs A Day
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:14 AM

If I didn't live in Hawaii, I would definitely attend this game. I've played at Dutchman, and they are hands down the best field I've played at. I hope you get enough people. The field is definitely worth it...

~Quip~
~Christian Paintballer~CPPA Member #3565~Stock Class Paintballer~Automaggot~My Feedback
Posted Image
The Family: VSC Phantom, PGP, Classic Automag, Autococker, Pumpcocker
U.S. Army Infantry: Because Someone Needs to Take Out the Trash

#3 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:34 AM

Try posting in brigade central under the appropriate area, you'll have guys who live in maine actually looking.
:)

#4 User is offline   AnnarchyVixen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:04 AM

View PostSilentMarksman, on Apr 9 2010, 10:34 AM, said:

Try posting in brigade central under the appropriate area, you'll have guys who live in maine actually looking.

Could you send me a link to the specific location in the forums that you are suggesting for me to post this in? I'm rather new....

But yeah, I loved the flying dutchman field... I have seen people speaking of many issues in paintball, like masks falling off or blind firing etc... But at that field I never saw any of that happening, they set the rules straight and check your gear.

However when i started playing my marker was damaged, it kept de-cocking itself when i pulled the trigger and had to fight to get it to shoot, but they replaced it after the first game, sent a guy out of his way to fetch me a new rental free of charge :P

#5 User is offline   AnnarchyVixen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:08 AM

View PostQuip, on Apr 9 2010, 07:14 AM, said:

If I didn't live in Hawaii, I would definitely attend this game. I've played at Dutchman, and they are hands down the best field I've played at. I hope you get enough people. The field is definitely worth it...

~Quip~

Hawaii... The only place I can think of where you could wake up one morning with lava in your living room :P

How did you like your stay in Maine while you was at the dutchman field?

#6 User is offline   AnnarchyVixen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:33 AM

Well I have re-posted it here, I hope its the right section now, lol http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...p;#entry2492186

But yeah, I also have much more updated information on the game as well ^.^;

#7 User is offline   paintball.ninja 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:elementsk8pro94

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

If you want to find Maine players, there are 111 of them on http://www.mainepb.com/forum.htm

This post has been edited by paintball.ninja: 01 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users