Special Ops Paintball: any market for a super lightweight harness/chest rig? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

any market for a super lightweight harness/chest rig? wondering

Poll: lightweight paintball harness/chest rig (10 member(s) have cast votes)

would you buy 1?

1. yes, i'm picky and havent found the "right one" (8 votes [72.73%])

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. no, i get by just fine on other products (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. other-describe (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

question.....

if one were to make a totally custom paintball harness/chest rig that fits EXACTLY to your needs, depending on the mission, and it were lighter than even SO's Dagger set up, using similar material OR material of choice, depending on the type of load needed and such, would it be a possible marketable product?

I am looking to make a sort of version of the older Doc;s Machine's stock class chest rig/harness but with pouches instead of loops on the front, made in either lightweight nylon (parachute material, its pretty tough for its weight) or heavier duty nylon, with mesh backing, another option is to make this with larger elastic loops for pods and such so that the user can pull his pods off easily, either from the front or the rear, kinda like a speedball harness but with suspenders attached..

just not sure what you guys would be interested in thats not already covered by everyone else' paintball harnesses lol.

original design was based on a Flurry vest rig, with loops for 12 grams up to the shoulders and enlarged pouches for the 10rd tubes on the front and the ability to carry 4-6 pods of pbs on the back, from 50-140rds and with ID/Wallet pocket in the center with velcro patch holder.... but i noticed that it could be simpiflied much more to the shape of a chest rig of sorts, just havent really seen a good chest rig that can hold everything and is lowprofile other than the MOLLE stuff or cotton "Chi-Com" AK chest rigs.
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#2 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:07 AM

wow i guess everyone but me are happy with their products:(
here are the design sketches, for what its worth
first sketch shows the front; a simple chest rig design with 12 loops for 12 grams and the ability to carry 24 tubes of paint, and 1 D ring on the right for a 1-point sling for whatever marker, there will be ability to attach to a web belt if the user so decides, which would enable that user to carry a leg holster for a sidearm, if so desired. there is an "admin" pocket between the shoulder straps, the flap is large enough for a name tape to be sewn onto it, and it is large enough for anything of use, like wallet, ID, maps, an option is to make attachment points for a chest rig bib panel for additional items on MOLLE

Posted Image

Posted Image
the second sketch shows the back, those are 4 elastic loops for 50rds to 150 rd pods, and a camelbak water bladder reservior, the possibility is attaching a couple MOLLE straps across the top flap for a radio pouch or other items, and there is a velcro section for a back name tag/patch
the side webbing is partially elastic, taken from leg rig straps and giving the user the ability to adjust size, and easing the removal of vest by using one or both buckles, there is room on the webbing for any belt pouch or molle pouch needed
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach

#3 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:11 AM

im not gonna lie...those sketches are rather impressive....

you seem t have a well thought out design.....

...just curious at to the price range?...

#4 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:16 AM

price range, i dont even know..... will need to price out materials and such before i can go ahead and make a single prototype..but it MAY be pointless if it ends up being more expensive than the commercial Condor chest rig which can hold so much more stuff on the front, but only has a flaw, which is basically, a skinny cross strap in the back and no provision for a camelbak
ex-gunwhore

#5 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:18 AM

View PostCesar, on Feb 12 2009, 08:11 AM, said:

im not gonna lie...those sketches are rather impressive....
you seem t have a well thought out design.....
...just curious at to the price range?...

Agreed. Those sketches are amazing.
I would probably pick one up, I like what I have but it's not my favorite just yet. I really like the front of the vest, but would you make one with a back without loops for regular sized pods?

#6 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

yeah i'd be able to make it just a camelbak reservior, or make it so that one could attach a ronin harness to it for more tubes or something like that, the idea is tailored to fit the needs of the user :)
ex-gunwhore

#7 User is offline   Viherkogen 

• God's In His Heaven. All's Right With The World.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Viherkogen

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:55 AM

This would be a good product for stock class/pistol primary/limited paint players. I was looking into a vest for whenever I play a long game/scenario or with a 50rd hopper, and I would need to carry all my stuff with me. So far the rear pod holders, center admin pouch, and suspender loops are nice. To me the front seems to bulky for players who tuck in tight on bunkers. Their knees and thighs would bump into the front tubes and hunching over would scrunch

I would suggest that you replace the front pouches with a dump pouch, and extend the loops to carry 10rd tubes in. I think some players would find it awkward to pull 10rd tubes from a pouch filled with 5 others instead of the traditional individual loops. You should include at least 15 loops for when the player needs to refill tubes with a pod and add a few more for 12ies. If in some way you could incorporate a capless system, that would be better yet. These are just some ideas, so tell me what you like, or some reasons for designing your the way you did.

This post has been edited by Viherkogen: 12 February 2009 - 10:03 AM

|| My Feedback || 187 BP ||
|| Reasons one and two why my avatar is a cactus. ||
|| The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. ||
|| If actions are stronger than words, why is the pen mightier than the sword? ||
You just lost The Game.

#8 User is offline   ALIHISGREAT 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

There are molle chest rigs that you could add molle paintball pouches too... but they are pricey... if you could make a competetivly priced one... there will be interest...

#9 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

yes, and they usually dont have loops on the shoulders, also, just the molle base are often in excess of $35 and then you gotta add the pouches which themselves go from $15-30 each depending on company and brand

this one should be affordable in the strictest sense of the word, BUT i am just a 1 person doing this, it may be more reasonable to have a few other people making this..we will see. I heard about Filthy Gear in Oregon, but never seen their stuff, at Supergame, i should be able to see their stuff... :unsure:
Viher, there will be individual loops in each pouch for the 6 tubes, this will give the user the option to either keep flap closed or tucked away for open top carry. the reason i didnt want to go with exposed 10rd tubes, when i had shotgun shell belt and bandoleer, it was not comfortable for my size, and the 10rds were more prone to breaking or paint breaking in them from bending and such..the pouches provide protection for the 10rd tubes and also makes it easier to wear. I can do the option of a sort of low profile dump pouch with more loops sewn on the inside for more ammo if desired :)
ex-gunwhore

#10 User is offline   mrwaffles 

• Part time crazy person
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mrwaffles

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

Very nice sketches as said before.

If you're going to start looking at buying thread, buckles, triglides, binding tape, webbing etc. then I would check out some of the links on MilSpec Monkey. A few places will make you buy in bulk though. Just make sure you use #69 thread (and I think a #18 needle).

Good luck.

#11 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:26 AM

UPDATE, i need a few guys to order a newer design of chest rig, this one is more like a 'London Bridge Trading 1961A" chest rig, with 4 main pouches, 2 dump pouches, a "blow out" pouch with loops for 10 12 grams, no shoulder loops, the 4 main pouches have 6 loops inside for the 10rd tubes, and is closed by velcro flaps, they also have 3 loops on the outside for either 12 grams or extra 10 rd tubes, and the dump pouch is sized for a variety of stuff, there is still an admin pocket in the back panel of the vest, email them at raventacticalsales1@gmail.com, mention "CamoDeafie's Chest rig", He is going to price them out at around $45 or so each, they can be customized to your needs

EDITED: wrong email

This post has been edited by CamoDeafie: 05 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

ex-gunwhore

#12 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

examples of RTS' work.. a replacement waist strap for a client's London Bridge Trading chest rig, the holster that goes into the said chest rig by hook and pile, the adjusting strap for the holster, and the dump pouch that can be folded in half and used in the chest rig if needed
he does very good work, better than Condor Outdoors IMHO, the holster is universal sized and adjustable to fit whatever firearm pistol/handgun the user have. he can make the paintball equivalent to it if desired

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by CamoDeafie: 12 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

ex-gunwhore

#13 User is offline   merlen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:merlen

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:59 AM

looks like paintball gear just spent 550.00 on a chest rig ill be at SG

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic